PDA

View Full Version : Sarah

FRANKY
01-28-05, 01:08 PM
"It's been in my head a long time," Fisher said. "I just didn't have the balls to do anything about it." (http://www.nascar.com/2005/news/headlines/cup/01/28/sfisher/index.html) :laugh:

IlliniRacer
01-28-05, 01:13 PM
<austin powers voice>That's no broad. She's a MAN, BABY!</austin powerts voice>

Sean O'Gorman
01-28-05, 02:21 PM
Thank you for the new TF sig. :rofl:

Skater_36
01-28-05, 02:55 PM
Interesting that nascar.com takes a jab at the IRL with this comment.

"Fisher, the poster child of the racing series that once touted itself as the place for American open-wheel drivers to have a chance."

Looks like Sarah is off the kool aid too.

"It's a little confusing, what their mission statement was five years ago and where it is now," Fisher said. "Where I see my future is in stock cars. There has been more opportunity and more welcome from this family."

The tintops are probably a better "fit" for her. ;)

pchall
01-28-05, 03:04 PM

I can see a margarine sponsorship on the horizon... Sarah, the Better Spread. :saywhat:

RacinM3
01-28-05, 03:22 PM
Thus begins the warranted downward spiral into obscurity.

cart7
01-28-05, 03:56 PM
Thus begins the warranted downward spiral into obscurity.

I'm not sure she ascended high enough in racing to actually complete a full spiral downward. Perhaps a gentle, downward pointing arc.
:gomer:

racer2c
01-28-05, 04:38 PM
The annals of racing history will show Tony perpetratedthe split while it was Penske and Gannassi et al who trully allowed CART/IndyCar racing to die. Thank god for OWRS.

indyfan31
01-29-05, 12:06 AM
"It's a little confusing, what their mission statement was five years ago and where it is now," Fisher said.
Hmm, I guess after an offseason of not drinking it, the KoolAid really does wear off.

racer2c
01-29-05, 12:20 AM
Sarah Fisher 'gets it' but Penske and Ganassi and Andretti don't? Ah, the yen is a powerful thing! Although if it wasn't for Tony George, there wouldn't be a 'Sarah Fisher' beyond the short track scene. She wouldn't have gotten a CART test, let alone a ride. Did she deserve it? Well, she doesn't even have an IRL ride now.

theunions
01-29-05, 01:14 AM
Interesting that nascar.com takes a jab at the IRL with this comment.

"Fisher, the poster child of the racing series that once touted itself as the place for American open-wheel drivers to have a chance."

They've had the poster child of that series for the past half dozen years already.

And the tintops are a better "fit" for him, too. ;)

Ziggy
01-29-05, 02:16 AM
They've had the poster child of that series for the past half dozen years already.

and the real uberlemmings will think your talking about Jeff Gordon!

Skater_36
01-29-05, 10:14 AM

And the tintops are a better "fit" for him, too. ;)

You mean the "original" poster child. Sarah was the flavor of the week while the vision went through one of its many changes. I have to believe she might not be going anywhere in nascar too if not for the "diversity" program.

TroyM1
02-01-05, 07:12 AM

and the real uberlemmings will think your talking about Jeff Gordon!

In the 1996 version of the vision, Jeff Gordon was the poster child. They talked about how he belonged in open wheel and CART slammed the door on him.

Ziggy
02-01-05, 04:44 PM
Where have you been????????????

get ahold of me

TroyM1
02-01-05, 05:43 PM
Check your private messages Ziggy.