PDA

View Full Version : Formula BMW no longer linked on official CC site

trish
01-28-05, 07:45 AM
Someone mentioned elsewhere that FBMW was no longer on the Champ Car website and that they are realigning with Grand Am. What happened?

chop456
01-28-05, 07:49 AM
The word on the street is that Chris Bangle was going to be involved with the next generation Champcar design, so they jettisoned the program pre-disaster.

You heard it here first.

trish
01-28-05, 08:17 AM
The word on the street is that Chris Bangle was going to be involved with the next generation Champcar design, so they jettisoned the program pre-disaster.

You heard it here first.
Are you responsible for this (http://www.petitiononline.com/STOPCB/petition.html)?

NismoZ
01-28-05, 03:17 PM
They wanted real racetracks.

Rogue Leader
01-30-05, 12:12 PM
Eh they suck they told me I'm too old (24) to run their series, need to be 16-23.... but their website lists the cutoff birthdate as Jan 1 1979.... which means I'm eligible... screw it I'm nor pursuing the issue, Pro Formula Mazda wil be more than happy to take my sponsorship money (uh when I get it anyway lol)

Sean O'Gorman
01-30-05, 04:04 PM
There is no upper age limit to race Formula BMW, just a limit to be considered for the BMW Jr. scholarship. A racing series with 12-15 cars would be stupid to reject a funded driver.

I wonder if BDPS could be coming back in '05?

racer2c
01-30-05, 04:25 PM
If they race the same tracks that they did in '04 (their website hadn't posted the '05 schedule that I could find in a quick glance), then they will be at Road America, Laguna Seca and Mid-Ohio.

Formula BMW - the trainging series for sports cars.

Rogue Leader
01-30-05, 06:13 PM
There is no upper age limit to race Formula BMW, just a limit to be considered for the BMW Jr. scholarship. A racing series with 12-15 cars would be stupid to reject a funded driver.

As per Michele Henn, Assistant series manager, the age range limit is 15-23 for ALL drivers in the series, I just got an email from her friday.

As for BDPS I doubt it they would have announced something by now....

JohnnyQ
01-30-05, 06:54 PM
The age limit thing must be official. Take a look at the driver photos on the website. Every single one of those gems hit the ***** lottery. Dad.....I want to be a race car driver. :shakehead

At least the other rich kid series allow a token old guy here and there. :gomer:

Rogue Leader
01-30-05, 07:42 PM
The age limit thing must be official. Take a look at the driver photos on the website. Every single one of those gems hit the ***** lottery. Dad.....I want to be a race car driver. :shakehead

At least the other rich kid series allow a token old guy here and there. :gomer:

and this is why my life sucks... my parents couldnt afford a go-kart wheel so therefore getting into racing has been the biggest uphill battle in my life, and if it just took talent I probably could have made it... but nope the almighty dollar is what its all about...

JohnnyQ
01-30-05, 08:05 PM
and this is why my life sucks... my parents couldnt afford a go-kart wheel so therefore getting into racing has been the biggest uphill battle in my life, and if it just took talent I probably could have made it... but nope the almighty dollar is what its all about...

I hear ya. Funny how most fans think those boys in the pretty embroidered driving suits are the best the sport has to offer.
What Formula are you trying to come up thru?

Sean O'Gorman
01-30-05, 08:06 PM
If your life sucks because you can't get paid to race cars I'd hate to see what would happen if you were working in a sweatshop for your whole life...

Easy
01-31-05, 11:55 AM

FOR SALE (http://www.skipbarber.com/proassets/)

FCYTravis
01-31-05, 03:23 PM
Well, I think it was always a given that if and when BDPS comes back in whatever form, they'd have some new cars.

But I don't think they'll be back. It's WAY late to be announcing ANOTHER new pro formulafeedercar series for 2005.

Then again, FFZetec STILL doesn't have an official schedule released... :flame:

Rogue Leader
01-31-05, 08:48 PM
I hear ya. Funny how most fans think those boys in the pretty embroidered driving suits are the best the sport has to offer.
What Formula are you trying to come up thru?

Er... anything at this point.... I practice using autocross and go-karts, and I wanted to come up through Skip Barber (I've run with them before) however I realize with my age I gotta get stuff into high gear soon or else... I want to get to Pro Formula Mazda at this point ot seems the most viable way.

I also have some opportunities to run Grand Am Cup this year too.... very expensive though!

Rogue Leader
01-31-05, 08:53 PM
If your life sucks because you can't get paid to race cars I'd hate to see what would happen if you were working in a sweatshop for your whole life...

Do you really have to take a figure of speech I used and bust my chops???

Just FYI it was bad enough when I was a kid that we almost did lose the house and I've been through a ton of crap jobs... however I and my family worked very hard and long, took our hits, and earned everything we have, so I think I earned myself a chance to bitch....

JohnnyQ
01-31-05, 10:03 PM
Er... anything at this point.... I practice using autocross and go-karts, and I wanted to come up through Skip Barber (I've run with them before) however I realize with my age I gotta get stuff into high gear soon or else... I want to get to Pro Formula Mazda at this point ot seems the most viable way.

I also have some opportunities to run Grand Am Cup this year too.... very expensive though!

It's hard to get to the top in a ladder series when you're climbing and the rest are dropped off at the top in a Helicopter. OW racing is all about the coin.

Railbird
01-31-05, 10:32 PM
so I think I earned myself a chance to bitch....

Every racer sitting at home thinks the same way, Sean and myself included (I'm too old, but I've been down that road).

The thing is bitchin' don't get it done.

Rogue Leader
01-31-05, 11:34 PM
Every racer sitting at home thinks the same way, Sean and myself included (I'm too old, but I've been down that road).

The thing is bitchin' don't get it done.

i agree, however his comment was still uncalled for....

It's hard to get to the top in a ladder series when you're climbing and the rest are dropped off at the top in a Helicopter. OW racing is all about the coin.

hehehe dont I (and a ton of others) know it...