PDA

View Full Version : Mario Slams FTG

FanofMario
01-28-05, 12:59 AM
Found this to be a neat interview from the classiest Andretti. I would love to hear what Mario really thinks of FTG and the sport over a couple bottles of his wine!

http://24.104.40.88/knbr/0125andretti.wma

jonovision_man
01-28-05, 01:15 PM
Mario:
"I blame one specific individual, and that's actually who is running the family, it's Tony George, who runs the event. He's the third generation Hullman family and he's decided to pursue a dream. He had sort of a dispute with CART ... and decided to start his own series, and it's been a tailspin for open wheel racing ever since."

Wow, scathing.

jono

Spicoli
01-28-05, 01:21 PM
That's right FTG - you suck.

I've known it since the 80s. Freak of nature. :flame:

TravelGal
01-28-05, 05:26 PM
Mario:
"I blame one specific individual, and that's actually who is running the family, it's Tony George, who runs the event. He's the third generation Hullman family and he's decided to pursue a dream. He had sort of a dispute with CART ... and decided to start his own series, and it's been a tailspin for open wheel racing ever since."

Wow, scathing.

jono

Best part is that, in true Mario fashion, the indictment may be scathing but the words are calm and matter of fact. Understatement is amazing. "sort of a dispute." cough.

Andrew Longman
01-28-05, 05:41 PM
A true gentleman.

The rest of the interview was quite good too, speaking of charity work, etc.

The two guys from the SF station knew about as much about racing as my mother, but they did not embarrass themselves either pretending to be experts or the like.

Railbird
01-28-05, 05:50 PM
I've always been a fan of the iron fist in the velvet glove.

Nobody does is better than Mario.

mueber
01-31-05, 08:41 AM
Great interview, but I wish Mario would get over it.

No accommodation will be reached as long as Boy George runs the Gomerville Speedway. As a result, it would be more helpful if Mario would join Spicoli and everyone else here in getting over it and moving forward with Champ Car.

RaceGrrl
01-31-05, 01:10 PM
I'm not over it, but I'm willing to focus my attention on the future. It's not worthwhile to argue with lemmings.

racer2c
01-31-05, 01:33 PM
And there is nothing wrong, IMO, with pointing out the continued battleground mentality of Tony George and his League of Extraordinary Baboons. Tony was the one who brought this on, not Champ Car. It would be different if it was the other way around. You should champion you mantra over at TF where they still blame OWRS from everything to the IRL's problems to rain.
Tony hasn't "gotten over" OWRS. Why should OWRS fans "get over" him? :shakehead :rolleyes:
Actually, we have. None of us go to IRL races. Bashing the antics __king Tony is perfectly acceptable in my book.

Keep promoting the TRUTH Mario! Thank you!