PDA

View Full Version : Edmonton update

Railbird
01-27-05, 07:07 AM
canoe (http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/EdmontonSun/Sports/2005/01/26/910419-sun.html)

racer2c
01-27-05, 07:14 AM
"It's absolutely exploded. We've expanded our corporate suite and grandstand projections three times.

"We're up to 80 suites now and are only three or four away from being sold out at $40,000 a suite. That's almost triple what Vancouver took in all year."

I hope they catch the bug and step up and put their name on a car or two or three.

Jervis Tetch 1
01-27-05, 08:36 AM
Let's see those morons from the "other" league pull that off with St. Pete. :gomer:

jonovision_man
01-27-05, 02:49 PM
It's an inspired choice for city to race in.

It's small enough that an event this size is one of the biggest things in town.

It's big enough to fill the grandstands.

And the Edmonton economy has been booming with the oil prices being what they are.

jono

rabbit
01-27-05, 05:18 PM
It's small enough that an event this size is one of the biggest things in town.

It's big enough to fill the grandstands.I think you've hit on the magic formula here. Forget NYC, Chicago, et al. No one in any of those cities gives a rip. A race is just another annoyance in their daily hustle and bustle.

Sean O'Gorman
01-28-05, 10:08 AM
I think you've hit on the magic formula here. Forget NYC, Chicago, et al. No one in any of those cities gives a rip. A race is just another annoyance in their daily hustle and bustle.

Hmm, I seem to remember posting an article about businesses thriving by focusing on smaller markets on 7G a few years ago but all I got was replies about how wrong I am, and how the future of Champ Car is overseas and street races in Miami bla bla bla

jonovision_man
01-28-05, 10:17 AM
Hmm, I seem to remember posting an article about businesses thriving by focusing on smaller markets on 7G a few years ago but all I got was replies about how wrong I am, and how the future of Champ Car is overseas and street races in Miami bla bla bla

Well *I* think you're right. :)

NismoZ
01-28-05, 03:13 PM
Alrighty, then...can a reprise of the "Elgin National" be far behind!? :)

Andrew Longman
01-28-05, 05:42 PM
I asked a few weeks ago... Anyone know how sales in St Pete are going?

Hmmmm