PDA

View Full Version : Jimmy Vasser / Rooke Customs

Wheel-Nut
01-26-05, 12:49 PM
While watching one of those Biker build-off shows last night, this one builder, Jesse Rooke, built a unique bike. I went to his web site to check out some of his creations and look who one of his customers happens to be.

http://www.rookecustoms.com/html/bikes_vegas.html

http://www.rookecustoms.com/bikes/vegas/vegas_01.jpg

THIS 1996 CART CHAMPION WAS BUILT ESPECIALLY FOR JIMMY VASSER WHO REQUESTED A RIDE THAT COULD ACCOMMODATE HIS LADIES. VEGAS IS A FOLLOW-UP TO THE FIRST KALI KRUISER- CATHY AND WAS PRESENTED TO JIMMY AT THE LONG BEACH GRAND PRIX ON SPIKE T.V.

JoeBob
01-26-05, 12:52 PM
THIS 1996 CART CHAMPION WAS BUILT ESPECIALLY FOR JIMMY VASSER WHO REQUESTED A RIDE THAT COULD ACCOMMODATE HIS LADIES.

Gotta love the plural there. :D

Joe in LA
01-26-05, 01:28 PM
I'm not sure I really like the bike, but it is at least unique--it doesn't look like every other "custom" chopper out there. Actually, it looks a lot like the schwinn sting ray I had as a kid.

G.
01-26-05, 01:30 PM
Actually, it looks a lot like the schwinn sting ray I had as a kid.The ladies love the 'Ray!

Wheel-Nut
01-26-05, 01:41 PM
. . . . . Actually, it looks a lot like the schwinn sting ray I had as a kid.

That's what it is supposed to look like.

rosawendel
01-26-05, 02:25 PM
jimmy is big into antique bicycles. i remember one year at cleveland, while his scooter was being repaired, he tooled around the paddock in an antique firestone bicycle.... i have a picture of it somewhere.

Andrew Longman
01-26-05, 04:53 PM
That's what it is supposed to look like.

I think its supposed to be the other way around

racer2c
01-26-05, 05:03 PM
That thing looks like it holds enough gas to cruise down the Vegas strip and back once. It needs some streamers, and a playing card stuck in the spokes.

spinner26
01-26-05, 08:22 PM
Remember the article of JV walkin down by the strip in Vegas? There was a "crack head" who was walking a decked out sting ray and JV offered the guy 100 bills and he took it. JV said he felt like he was helping the guy out since he was propably looking for another "HIT" anyway. :rofl: Of course I don't remember publication. :gomer:

pchall
01-26-05, 09:00 PM
I'm not sure I really like the bike, but it is at least unique--it doesn't look like every other "custom" chopper out there. Actually, it looks a lot like the schwinn sting ray I had as a kid.

It does look like a Stingray! Yechhh!

Of course, my taste in bikes probably doesn't count since in 1969 I was already restoring a vintage Puch and had a Peugeot on the rack waiting for attention.