fourrunner
01-23-05, 07:12 PM
Game Well Played

Donovan McNabb at his Best

Andy Reid vindicated !! :thumbup:

devilmaster
01-23-05, 07:14 PM
Congrats to the Eagles.

But, can we say that the Gatorade bath has jumped the shark? can I get a ruling on this?

Steve

Ankf00
01-23-05, 07:15 PM
the fans with those signs need to get over themselves, the eagles are not the red sox :rolleyes:

the bills lost 4 SUPER BOWLS in a row, they're the ones with a real beef

I love watching those eagles linebackers play.

lone_groover
01-23-05, 07:21 PM
I don't know anything about American Football, but I'm very happy. McNabb is showing them.....

:thumbup:

fourrunner
01-23-05, 07:25 PM
the fans with those signs need to get over themselves, the eagles are not the red sox :rolleyes:

the bills lost 4 SUPER BOWLS in a row, they're the ones with a real beef

I love watching those eagles linebackers play.

Ank .... Eagles Fans are beyond passionate .... a Few more than others ... but This City Lives & Breathes the Eagles over ANY other Team so I'll give them a pass

This City even loves the owner Jeffrey Laurie inspite of his producing "V.I. Warchowki" !! ;)

Eagles Fans are like Champ Car Fans ... Pretty Passionate ... a few more than the rest ! ;)

And Steve ... I'm with you on the Gatorade Bath ! :)

nrc
01-23-05, 10:44 PM
Looks like they'll be the only team from PA in Jacksonville.

Hard Driver
01-24-05, 01:33 AM
http://www.philadelphiaeagles.com/uploads/photos/perm/main/KKHNHBCKPFPA/ATL_PHI_0890_DH.jpg

One more game left for the Eagles to Win!

Jervis Tetch 1
01-24-05, 09:17 AM
For two weeks of my life I'm an Eagles fan.

DaveL
01-24-05, 11:32 AM
Does Rush Limbaugh have any more words of wisdom on McNabb?

KaBoom21
01-24-05, 03:42 PM
Does Rush Limbaugh have any more words of wisdom on McNabb?

Probably not, since Michael Vick would be an easier target at this point.

KaBoom21
01-25-05, 07:39 PM
Or maybe he does -found this on another site:

This is from Monday, January 24's Rush Limbaugh Show.

CALLER: Rush, since Donovan McNabb has gotten over this latest hurdle, is your opinion of his ability as a quarterback and a field leader changed?

LIMBAUGH: You know, it has. Since you've called and brought this up, my quote on McNabb was back in September or October, I forget, of last year. Yeah, 2003, and at the time, McNabb, the Eagles were 1-3 or 1-4. McNabb couldn't complete a pass over 20 yards. They had just come off two championship game losses and the third was coming up. But, since, yeah, there's been a demonstrable change in McNabb's performance, pure and simple. There's no question there has been. I think he was motivated, inspired by a whole lot of things.

Winston Wolfe
01-25-05, 10:12 PM
Looks like they'll be the only team from PA in Jacksonville.

Speaking of teams playing in the Super Bowl being from the same state....

Can anyone name the occasions when both teams playing for the Super Bowl title were, indeed, from the same home state ????

(Clue: it has happened more than once!)

Quickly now !!!!

Winston Wolfe
01-25-05, 10:14 PM
For two weeks of my life I'm an Eagles fan.

Oh, and while I am at it.... Super Bowl trivia that is....

Can you name the 6 teams that have NEVER appeared in the Super Bowl ?

(Have fun with this one.... ) :p

racer2c
01-25-05, 10:40 PM

Well, I know my Raiders didn't show up for the Bucaneers a few years ago. :)

dando
01-25-05, 10:53 PM

Too easy....Brownies, Lions, Seahags, Jags, Texans, Cards.

On the other question, only SF/SD sticks out. Still puzzling over the other instance.

EDIT: Duh....Gints/Bills

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-26-05, 09:52 PM
everyone's got on bloody Eagles hats, EVERYONE!! And for some reason everyone's got on "dallas sucks" pins on their hats...

now, as a Texan, I whole-heartedly agree. Oklahoma South does indeed suck. But it's kinda weird seeing that kinda enmity over here on the right coast.

as for this snow stuff... it ain't so bad, won't get off my shoes though :mad: But it's not that cold... a thick ass parka and thinsulate lined gloves kinda help :D

pshaw to you yankees (4R, r2c) and your weather I say :p

fourrunner
01-26-05, 11:57 PM
LOL Ank

Actually temperatures this low are unusual and usually short lived

The Snow this week might happen once or twice more ... This was nothing though ... we can get 36 inches too, but the temeratures usually go up after the snows and it melts quickly (Sometimes too quickly) and we end up with floods

The Older guys keep the Dallas rivalry going ... Dallas hasn't mattered for years so most don't even care

But your right ... The Eagles in this region have dedicated fans ... Hundreds travel to other stadiums around the country to watch them play ...

Check out WIP AM 610 while your here ... All Eagles all the time even during Baseball Season ... one of the highest rated stations anywhere for Sports

Winston Wolfe
01-27-05, 04:02 PM
Too easy....Brownies, Lions, Seahags, Jags, Texans, Cards.

On the other question, only SF/SD sticks out. Still puzzling over the other instance.

EDIT: Duh....Gints/Bills

-Kevin

My mistake.... :gomer:

It is SEVEN Teams who have never been to the Big game....can you name the last one....

(Texans \ Oilers count as one....)

Gnam
01-27-05, 04:13 PM

It is SEVEN Teams who have never been to the Big game....can you name the last one....

Well the Indianapolis Colts haven't gone since they moved. But, the Baltimore Colts went to Super Bowl III & V.

edit: Oh, but you probably meant the Saints.

dando
01-27-05, 06:45 PM

Oilers = Titans, BTW. Unlike the Ravens, the Oilers took their heritage with them when they moved. The Browns kept their history (whether they like it or not). ;)

Aints it is. How could I possibly forget dem?

-Kevin

dando
01-27-05, 06:46 PM
everyone's got on bloody Eagles hats, EVERYONE!! And for some reason everyone's got on "dallas sucks" pins on their hats...

now, as a Texan, I whole-heartedly agree. Oklahoma South does indeed suck. But it's kinda weird seeing that kinda enmity over here on the right coast.

as for this snow stuff... it ain't so bad, won't get off my shoes though :mad: But it's not that cold... a thick ass parka and thinsulate lined gloves kinda help :D

pshaw to you yankees (4R, r2c) and your weather I say :p
Better than that cow manure y'all walk around down yonder. :p

-Kevin

racer2c
01-27-05, 06:49 PM
We citizens of the proud Old Dominion are diffinitly not Yankees. Good day to you sir!

Ankf00
01-27-05, 08:47 PM
Better than that cow manure y'all walk around down yonder. :p

-Kevin

you wanna talk about cow patties?

ranches have space, and cattle don't smell, meanwhile farms here are small, and dairy cows STINK.

this place stinks of cow patties all around dude, eat it. it may not smell in corn country, but it stinks up here.

Ankf00
01-27-05, 08:48 PM
We citizens of the proud Old Dominion are diffinitly not Yankees. Good day to you sir!

pfff, yank.

fourrunner
01-27-05, 09:22 PM

ranches have space, and cattle don't smell, meanwhile farms here are small, and dairy cows STINK.

this place stinks of cow patties all around dude, eat it. it may not smell in corn country, but it stinks up here.

You must be in New Jersey !

West of Philadelphia the farms get pretty big

Of course I realize that they aren't as big as they are in Texas, however cows don't move, and they don't have the demand for sheep as sex partners here as they do in Texas! ;)

Ankf00
01-27-05, 09:27 PM

Of course I realize that they aren't as big as they are in Texas, however cows don't move, and they don't have the demand for sheep as sex partners here as they do in Texas! ;)
aggy is a minority in Tejas, for the record.

the sheep ****ers are greater oklahoman immigrants.

mind your tongue, yank :p

dando
01-27-05, 09:45 PM
they don't have the demand for sheep as sex partners here as they do in Texas! ;)

Wait...are we discussing cows/cattle or Texas college boyz? :confused: :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
01-27-05, 09:53 PM

Homey, it's all dreck and it all stinks. If you think it stinks now, just wait 'til itz 90 degrees w/90% humidity in July. :eek:

Now around here, about the only cows you'll see are on the OSU ag campus (or depending on which Big 10 team is in town...). ;) You're more likely to come across corn and soy bean fields around here....although those are becoming fewer and far between around Cbus and vicinity. :(

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-27-05, 09:59 PM
You're more likely to come across corn and soy bean fields around here....although those are becoming fewer and far between around Cbus and vicinity. :(

-Kevin

dude... that's NOT a bad thing ;)

unless the'yre becoming strip malls like houston... in which case it is the work of the anti-christ and must be nuked all the way back to oklahoma as soon as possible.

and I swear, the next 'GO EAGLES' I hear... I'm going to strangle that mfr.

dando
01-27-05, 10:10 PM
dude... that's NOT a bad thing ;)

unless the'yre becoming strip malls like houston... in which case it is the work of the anti-christ and must be nuked all the way back to oklahoma as soon as possible.

and I swear, the next 'GO EAGLES' I hear... I'm going to strangle that mfr.
Beg to differ, but sprawl is not a good thing. Strip malls and tract housing = more traffic and congestion, and less fun riding the bike in the country. :thumdown: And how many damn golf courses do we really need around here?!? :saywhat:

Oh, and GO EAGLES! :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-27-05, 10:14 PM
Beg to differ, but sprawl is not a good thing. Strip malls and tract housing = more traffic and congestion, and less fun riding the bike in the country. :thumdown: And how many damn golf courses do we really need around here?!? :saywhat:

Oh, and GO EAGLES! :D

-Kevin
you...

you're dead.

****ing dead.

you hear me, hillbilly boy? I'm gonna get medieval on your ass!:flame:

dando
01-27-05, 10:20 PM
you...

you're dead.

****ing dead.

you hear me, hillbilly boy? I'm gonna get medieval on your ass!:flame:

Since I can't have my Phlyers, I guess this the next best thing:

http://www.onthefield.com/prodimg/ACF84F.jpg

:p

-Kevin

Sean O'Gorman
01-27-05, 11:19 PM

Columbus: Land of the Endless Suburb

nrc
01-27-05, 11:42 PM

I'd rather have more golf courses and fewer strip malls and shopping centers. At least the houses around the golf courses usually have more than four feet between them.

Put up a bunch of ugly boxes
and Jesus, people bought 'em.

Ankf00
01-27-05, 11:43 PM

honestly, I'd totally move to Bucks County, pretty as all hell... nice country side aside from that whole cow patty thing...

but I am not paying 1100/mo. for an apt in the bloody country...

I sure as hell better be in f'ing manhattan for that much loot.

it really kills b/c this job is the EXACT thing I wanted to do coming out of school... and the ppl i'd be working with ****ing rock. next to that whole eagles thing they got going on ;)

dando
01-27-05, 11:49 PM
Columbus: Land of the Endless Suburb
Well, Cleveburg ain't much better....east to west it stretches like 70 miles (Lorain to Mentor), eh? Heck, Akron/Canton is almost a 'burb now. The north coast has been like that for decades, but development is reaching areas like Avon Lake now. The growth north and east in Cbus the past decade been simply explosive with the sprawl reaching Delaware and New Albany, and soon Plain City. All of this @ the expense of the urban environs.

-Kevin

dando
01-27-05, 11:55 PM
I'd rather have more golf courses and fewer strip malls and shopping centers. At least the houses around the golf courses usually have more than four feet between them.

Agreed on the shopping areas. Cripes, look @ Carriage Place and Mill Run, for example. Have you been on the Golf Course of Dublin? We almost built there, but the lots were too damn small to build the home we wanted. Plus, they built condos literally w/in 10' of some of the holes and/or tee boxes. And the way I play, that just plain ain't safe. ;)

-Kevin

nrc
01-28-05, 12:01 AM

Whatchu talkin' about Willis? Housing around cowtown is pretty reasonable.

BTW, have you checked out the Cincy/Dayton area? Lots of aerospace stuff around there.

Oh yeah, go Pats. I'm over Corey Dillon and I'll never root for an NFC team.

fourrunner
01-28-05, 12:02 AM
honestly, I'd totally move to Bucks County, pretty as all hell... nice country side aside from that whole cow patty thing...

it really kills b/c this job is the EXACT thing I wanted to do coming out of school... and the ppl i'd be working with ****ing rock. next to that whole eagles thing they got going on ;)

I understand your situation ... I'm in Montgomery County 2 miles from Bucks County and it's not cheap here either

Bucks county suffers from the fact that it is a commuter suburb for people that work in NYC do to its access to Amtrak and NYC is only about 1 1/2 hours away by car.

I have a neighbor who does the commute living in NYC during the week and coming home for the weekends ... he has twice the house he would have living in the NYC suburbs , but it's all relative.

BTW ... most of my relatives live in NYC or Long Island $1100.00 per month in NYC in a decent neighborhood gets you a studio with a hot plate! :eek:

dando
01-28-05, 12:03 AM

Welcome to the east coast, Holmes. $1100 in Manhattan.... :rofl: Dude, you're in a s****box for that $$$...*if* you can find one. My sis 'n law just bought a home in Brooklyn for $400K+ that would be a townhome/condo for some. :eek: And it's even worse on the left coast. Oh, and Jeebus help ya if'n you hafta commute the Schuylkill in Philly. I dread the drive through Philly each summer to the Joisey shore.

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-28-05, 12:06 AM
Whatchu talkin' about Willis? Housing around cowtown is pretty reasonable.

BTW, have you checked out the Cincy/Dayton area? Lots of aerospace stuff around there.

dood, I'm in Bucks County Pennsylvania this week, Philly is not what I'd call a cowtown...

I've got my two offers from Cowtown, Tejas and go to Cowtown, Colorado next week, and I can't f'ing wait, too bad the job there is f'ing weak.

right now I'm trying to stay Lockheed, get some solid experience/references before switching corps for a promotion about a year from now, L-M doesn't have major centers in OH

dando
01-28-05, 12:08 AM

Boss, he'd hafta change his school colors around these parts....folks might think that hooked 'em horns sign means the wrong thang. ;)

re: Dillon.....GRRRRRR....no way. Screw Dillon, screw TKO, screw Pickens, etc. Just be darn sure you re-sign Rudi!

-Kevin

fourrunner
01-28-05, 12:14 AM
Welcome to the east coast, Holmes. $1100 in Manhattan.... :rofl: Dude, you're in a s****box for that $$$...*if* you can find one. My sis 'n law just bought a home in Brooklyn for $400K+ that would be a townhome/condo for some. :eek: And it's even worse on the left coast. Oh, and Jeebus help ya if'n you hafta commute the Schuylkill in Philly. I dread the drive through Philly each summer to the Joisey shore.

-Kevin

HaHa ... Good old Schuykill Expressway ( SureKill Distressway ) designed by the Army Corps of Engineers in the 1950's for a traffic load projection all the way to 1960 ! ... revamped in the 90's to bring it up to the early 70's traffic projections ... Rush hour is an adventure ! But the off hours aren't to bad !

If your coming through from the west your better off on the Turnpike 20 miles north

But you can't beat the view of Philly from the Expressway ... Boat House Row, The Museum of Art , The Parkway, and the City itself and at night it's dramaticly beautiful all lit up !

Ankf00
01-28-05, 12:14 AM
I understand your situation ... I'm in Montgomery County 2 miles from Bucks County and it's not cheap here either

Bucks county suffers from the fact that it is a commuter suburb for people that work in NYC do to its access to Amtrak and NYC is only about 1 1/2 hours away by car.

I have a neighbor who does the commute living in NYC during the week and coming home for the weekends ... he has twice the house he would have living in the NYC suburbs , but it's all relative.

BTW ... most of my relatives live in NYC or Long Island $1100.00 per month in NYC in a decent neighborhood gets you a studio with a hot plate! :eek:

a studio's all i'm lookin for :p

you right coast ppl suck, how the **** does an engineer making 50-60 afford anything out here? they had me having lunch with two of their younger folk, 25-26... they were both married with kids... how the F**K do you afford this place w/ a kid and at that age?! :eek:

nrc
01-28-05, 12:24 AM
dood, I'm in Bucks County Pennsylvania this week, Philly is not what I'd call a cowtown...

HA! I read "Bucks County" as "Bucks Country!" :D

Ankf00
01-28-05, 12:26 AM
HA! I read "Bucks County" as "Bucks Country!" :D
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I understand, while driving to dinner I read "Langhorne Dr." as "Longhorn Dr."

fourrunner
01-28-05, 12:28 AM
a studio's all i'm lookin for :p

you right coast ppl suck, how the **** does an engineer making 50-60 afford anything out here? they had me having lunch with two of their younger folk, 25-26... they were both married with kids... how the F**K do you afford this place w/ a kid and at that age?! :eek:

I've found the trick is staying single and making 6 figures! :)

Owning your own Business helps also !

Hey Ank ... Have you ever thought that you might have to "suffer" a little bit on the way up in your career !

If your in Langehorne, you 15 miles away from me! :eek:

Ankf00
01-28-05, 12:30 AM
Hey Ank ... Have you ever thought that you might have to "suffer" a little bit on the way up in your career ! :)
F that. I make peanuts to get space experience and get a job in the first place, time to cash in. :cool: 15-20% raise coming up. :D I'd just rather that not all go to cost of living :p

Besides, how does making 100G's at age 35 make it any more affordable with a fam? Seriously, I don't know how you can afford it with a fam and have tangible savings

anywho, this conversation shall be continued on Saturday, a couple of gentleman jacks with coke make for a good nightcap...

Fokker out.

fourrunner
01-28-05, 12:33 AM
F that. I make peanuts to get space experience and get a job in the first place, time to cash in. :cool: 15-20% raise coming up. :D I'd just rather that not all go to cost of living :p

Besides, how does making 100G's at age 35 make it any more affordable with a fam? Seriously, I don't know how you can afford it with a fam and have tangible savings

Make the "Betch" work !

dando
01-28-05, 12:39 AM
HaHa ... Good old Schuykill Expressway ( SureKill Distressway ) designed by the Army Corps of Engineers in the 1950's for a traffic load projection all the way to 1960 ! ... revamped in the 90's to bring it up to the early 70's traffic projections ... Rush hour is an adventure ! But the off hours aren't to bad !

If your coming through from the west your better off on the Turnpike 20 miles north

But you can't beat the view of Philly from the Expressway ... Boat House Row, The Museum of Art , The Parkway, and the City itself and at night it's dramaticly beautiful all lit up !
Dude, in the ten years I've been making the trip from Cbus to OCNJ (70 to 76 to Surekill, through Philly to the AC Expressway...), I think I've enjoyed the view like once, and it is impressive (and don't forget the US Mint or the ball fields....for those less inclined, the 'highway' is carved into a solid rock hillside). Believe me, I avoid rush hour (hour? :saywhat: ) through Philly like the plague. It took every bit of the 90s, and then some, to finish the so-called update. Thankfully it was mostly completed last summer. It'll surely be a treat this year travelling w/a ~21 mos. old. :eek:

Anyway, if you have a better way from 76 to the AC Expressway through Philly, PM me. Believe me I've studied the options (plus, I can make the current route in ~8 hours if I time it right...of course, that was pre-offspring).

Oh, and :thumbup: for the new baseball ballpark in Philly.

-Kevin

fourrunner
01-28-05, 12:51 AM
Dude, in the ten years I've been making the trip from Cbus to OCNJ (70 to 76 to Surekill, through Philly to the AC Expressway...), I think I've enjoyed the view like once, and it is impressive (and don't forget the US Mint or the ball fields....for those less inclined, the 'highway' is carved into a solid rock hillside). Believe me, I avoid rush hour (hour? :saywhat: ) through Philly like the plague. It took every bit of the 90s, and then some, to finish the so-called update. Thankfully it was mostly completed last summer. It'll surely be a treat this year travelling w/a ~21 mos. old. :eek:

Anyway, if you have a better way from 76 to the AC Expressway through Philly, PM me. Believe me I've studied the options (plus, I can make the current route in ~8 hours if I time it right...of course, that was pre-offspring).

Oh, and :thumbup: for the new baseball ballpark in Philly.

-Kevin

Rush hour ... 4:30 to 7Pm sorry :)

Philly is an awesome town steeped in History & I love showing it off to out of towners !

BTW Veterans Stadium is Gone got" blowed up real good " and BOTH Stadiums are done although Phillies Stadium is closer to the Express way while The Eagles New Stadium which is closer to I95 although just accross the street from the Phillies Park

My Parents owned a Home in Ocean City, NJ up in "The Gardens" at the North end, and I spent most of my youth spending the whole summer there, I used to be an OCBP mascot ... But as I got to be an older teenager I went less and less ( Spoiled I Guess ) .

As the crow flies, you are going the most direct route thru Philly down 42 to the AC Expressway then the Garden State Parkway

I usually go via the PA Turnpike to New Jersey Turnpike south to Rte 73 south to the Parkway !

But I'm only 2 miles from the Fort Washington Exit of the PA TPK !

dando
01-28-05, 01:03 AM
My Parents owned a Home in Ocean City, NJ up in "The Gardens" at the North end, and I spent most of my youth spending the whole summer there, I used to be an OCBP mascot ... But as I got to be an older teenager I went less and less ( Spoiled I Guess ) .
You would not believe the change in property values in OCNJ over the past decade+. *Lots* that are several blocks from the beach (~Ocean Rd.) have gone for $1mm+ in the past few years. Freaking amazing!

Very nice family-oriented spot to visit, but getting pricey.

-Kevin