PDA

View Full Version : Fernandez Caught Poaching!

pchall
01-23-05, 11:05 AM
Okay, so it was only a driver and sponsor from another IRL team. But it probably means the end of Kelley Racing. :crocodiletears:

full story here (http://www.fortwayne.com/mld/journalgazette/10708852.htm)

Things must be pretty bad for Adrian if he takes Scott Sharp for his non ¥¥¥ sponsored second car. :laugh:

fourrunner
01-23-05, 11:42 AM
Isn't Scott Sharp in his 60's or does it just seem like he was racing when when AJ Foyt was relevent!! ;)

Railbird
01-23-05, 12:00 PM
Pure desperation on Fernandez part.

Cheep wanted the Delphi bucks but not the dummy that came with them so Adrian snapped him up to keep the doors open.

Racewriter
01-23-05, 12:19 PM
Didn't Adrian get bent out of shape last year when Gentilozzi poached his ridebuyer? And wasn't that one of the stated reasons for changing to the IRL?

Seems like it...

Wow. $8M to run the IRL. Or, you can do Busch for $3-4M, or Cup for $10-15M.

Rob
01-23-05, 12:31 PM
I was under the impression that Kelley had sold his team months ago. *shrug*

pchall
01-23-05, 01:07 PM
I was under the impression that Kelley had sold his team months ago. *shrug*

Months ago I remember the story being that Delphi was leaving and Kelley Racing was wondering how to run in 2005. This new story confirms Sharp and the associate sponsorships from Futaba and Bryant go to Fernandez in 2005.

RTKar
01-23-05, 01:31 PM
Kelley, another defunct irl team.....puts them somewhere between Immke, ISM and Knapp & LP racing....all legendary teams in the crusade to save open wheel racing :shakehead

Railbird
01-23-05, 01:41 PM
word I'm hearing has TG buying the Kelley equip and distributing it between PDM and Hemelgarn.

Hot Rod Otis
01-23-05, 01:57 PM
word I'm hearing has TG buying the Kelley equip and distributing it between PDM and Hemelgarn.

So Ed gets the "coveted" PDM ride? I was wondering what team the grandson would buy/subsidize the get the stepson a ride. I guess Tony had to do something soon to buy Ed a seat or he was gonna be sleeping on the couch.

Wabbit
01-23-05, 03:10 PM
Is this really considered "poaching". How sad the IRL really is.

Spicoli
01-23-05, 05:51 PM
The Kelly team was all told they were toast right before the last race last year. some of them didn't even trust shipping their stuff back on the transporter. Good thing they didn't - the doors have been shut since then.

Vision breaks down again. :gomer:

theunions
01-23-05, 09:03 PM
Is this really considered "poaching".

I read nothing in that article to indicate any poaching took place.

FYI, Bryant is also on the new #8.

Jervis Tetch 1
01-24-05, 09:13 AM
Perhaps desperation is a better word.