PDA

View Full Version : New post-punk vs. Emo

Ankf00
01-21-05, 11:21 PM
pre-pubescent whiney douches vs. joy division/cure copy cats

I'm more partial to the post-punk myself... can't stand the vocals that sound like a 13 year old

It's eerie how interpol vocals sound like joy division, but the music is much different imo...

Discuss.

racer2c
01-21-05, 11:29 PM
They all sound the same and real punk hasn't been around for 25 years.

Methanolandbrats
01-21-05, 11:46 PM
They all sound the same and real punk hasn't been around for 25 years. Dead Kennedys, Fear, Black Flag.........those were the days.

Sean O'Gorman
01-21-05, 11:54 PM
http://members.cox.net/gotbuddah/crybaby.gif

I f****ing hate emo. "Ooh, look at me, I'm middle class white kid, I'm so sad!!111 I'm going to dress like a wierdo and write down all my sad feelings in my journal and then show it to girls and it'll get me laid!!1" The sad thing is, apparently it works.

This is what emo people look like:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v421/cassandra780/colbyandjon.jpg
"hi I'm emo and I f****ing rule, uh I mean I'm gonna go cry now BRB"

Opposite Lock
01-22-05, 01:03 AM
ahh, Joy Division. :sublime:

extramundane
01-22-05, 01:23 AM
pre-pubescent whiney douches vs. joy division/cure copy cats

I'm more partial to the post-punk myself... can't stand the vocals that sound like a 13 year old

It's eerie how interpol vocals sound like joy division, but the music is much different imo...

Discuss.

Paul Banks from Interpol writes the worst lyrics ever, as this (http://www.stylusmagazine.com/feature.php?ID=1308) article so eloquently points out:

Michaelhatesfans
01-22-05, 01:47 AM
I thought you meant this guy.... (he sucks too, by the way)

http://images.amazon.com/images/P/B00009WVF3.01._SCLZZZZZZZ_.jpg

chop456
01-22-05, 02:42 AM
"Ooh, look at me, I'm middle class white kid, I'm so sad!! I'm going to dress like a wierdo and write down all my sad feelings in my journal and then show it to girls and it'll get me laid!!" The sad thing is, apparently it works.

So give it a shot. :D

As far as post-punk goes, I like Pennywise, and mostly just because the drummer is great. The Offspring might be the worst band ever.

Ankf00
01-22-05, 03:30 AM
think joy division, think the cure, think the smiths, think depeche mode, post-punk!

except it's this new post-punk stuff that's been coming out the past 3-5 years, this NEW post-punk :p

(the first 3 offspring albums kick total ass, everything after "smash" has been a steaming pile of poo)

chop456
01-22-05, 05:33 AM
Ahh... Punk noveau, huh? All these labels are enough to confuse and old guy. :cry:

I like Emo Phillips, too. :D

Spicoli
01-22-05, 11:40 AM
all your music sucks.

Jag_Warrior
01-22-05, 12:49 PM
all your music sucks.

Sorry, kids. But it had to be said.

Ankf00
01-22-05, 12:55 PM
I understand how this stuff can be really hard on your miracle-ear :gomer:

It's cool. No worries.

Sean O'Gorman
01-22-05, 01:11 PM
Sorry, kids. But it had to be said.

:thumbup:

My generation (as usual) really dropped the ball when it comes to music. Then again, its people your age who run the recording industry.

My mp3 playlist consists primarily of Beatles, Rolling Stones, Allman Bros, Zeppelin, The Who, Yardbirds, NY Dolls, Pink Floyd, Johnny Cash, etc. Not too much in the way of new music on my computer.

Sean O'Gorman
01-22-05, 01:12 PM
So give it a shot. :D

Heh, a friend of mine has a generic punk band and his girlfriend wanted me to try out a 30 day emo experiment and see if it helps at all. I'm sorry, but theres no way in hell I'm growing an emo haircut*.

*Emo cut is basically a reverse mullet. :rofl:

Ankf00
01-22-05, 01:18 PM

My generation (as usual) really dropped the ball when it comes to music. Then again, its people your age who run the recording industry.

aren't you supposed to be out in your mister 2 sharkin' the fit ones you can't pull while they chase after emo wankers? apologize for yourself :gomer:

*Emo cut is basically a reverse mullet.

ok, so I'm curious, if this makes them reverse okies, what's a reverse camaro?

Spicoli
01-22-05, 01:28 PM

It's cool. No worries.

Dear Junior: I can GUARANTEE that you would be amazed at how diverse my music gets. You think I'm like all these other old geezers? Listenin to recycled Zep, Boob Seger and crappy Metallica?

http://www.musicemissions.com/features/images/crystal_method.jpg

Spicoli
01-22-05, 01:30 PM
aren't you supposed to be out in your mister 2 sharkin' the fit ones you can't pull while they chase after emo wankers? apologize for yourself :gomer:

ok, so I'm curious, if this makes them reverse okies, what's a reverse camaro?

Mr. 2. = gomer lite. :gomer:

El Camino?
:rofl:

Ankf00
01-22-05, 01:30 PM
Dear Junior: I can GUARANTEE that you would be amazed at how diverse my music gets. You think I'm like all these other old geezers? Listenin to recycled Zep, Boob Seger and crappy Metallica?

http://www.musicemissions.com/features/images/crystal_method.jpg

You leave fresh poo on TG's lawn, you're obviously not like all the other fogies ;)

el camino?

heh, damn, that's kinda freaky... el caminos do have appeal with these young urban "hipster" types... :eek:

strange how you're so in touch with your inner urban hipster :saywhat:

fourrunner
01-22-05, 01:35 PM

It's cool. No worries.

I understand your point !! :rofl:

As we age ... we become our parents !! :cry:

What ever happened to the "Lovely" Lennon Sisters !! ;)

Ankf00
01-22-05, 01:45 PM
I'll give you guys this, you sure knew how to advertise imported cars back in the day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/washparkhorn/tr7_13.jpg

Jag_Warrior
01-22-05, 02:36 PM

My mp3 playlist consists primarily of Beatles, Rolling Stones, Allman Bros, Zeppelin, The Who, Yardbirds, NY Dolls, Pink Floyd, Johnny Cash, etc. Not too much in the way of new music on my computer.

Stones, Floyd and Johnny Cash, eh? Well then, there's obviously hope for you.

As for my generation, we came of age in the '70's. That fact alone covers us for any f'ed up thing we do.

Jag_Warrior
01-22-05, 02:38 PM
I'll give you guys this, you sure knew how to advertise imported cars back in the day.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v353/washparkhorn/tr7_13.jpg

You don't like braless girls with long legs? Not that there's anything wrong with that...

Ankf00
01-22-05, 02:43 PM
You don't like braless girls with long legs? Not that there's anything wrong with that...
oi, i was giving you CREDIT for it, sheesh :p

my car didn't offer the braless companion option package :thumdown:

Jag_Warrior
01-22-05, 02:48 PM
oi, i was giving you CREDIT for it, sheesh :p

my car didn't offer the braless companion option package :thumdown:

Oh. :o Well, remember I get that f'ed up 70's kid pass. :gomer:

I got that option back when I bought the XJS. It's an option you pay for as long as it's in the car. You didn't miss much.

Spicoli
01-22-05, 04:06 PM
You leave fresh poo on TG's lawn, you're obviously not like all the other fogies ;)

heh, damn, that's kinda freaky... el caminos do have appeal with these young urban "hipster" types... :eek:

strange how you're so in touch with your inner urban hipster

I learnt thaT INNER COOL URBAn Eurotrash wannabe stuff from Crapus/Dirty Snatches. One day, if'n I work REEEL hard, I'ma git me a VesPa too! ;)

However, I traded my Lexus iS in for a FX4 F-150, so I ain't THAT coolio. :gomer:

FTG
01-22-05, 04:19 PM
[ "Ooh, look at me, I'm middle class white kid, I'm so sad!!111 I'm going to dress like a wierdo and write down all my sad feelings in my journal and then show it to girls and it'll get me laid!!1"

IMO, It's still better than middle class white kids whining on an Internet racing forum about how they can't get laid.

Sean O'Gorman
01-22-05, 04:59 PM
I'm not whining about not getting laid. Whatever happens to me in life, I still realize I'm probably in the top 1% of luckiest people in the world. It annoys me when people my age have similar lives but they act like they are so unfortunate, like the whiney kids who are into emo.

Ankf00
01-22-05, 05:10 PM
IMO, It's still better than middle class white kids whining on an Internet racing forum about how they can't get laid.

aww, OGorman offended an emo fanboy :gomer:

so which is it FTG? Taking Back Sunday or Yellowcard?

Personally I'd go with John Nolan's new Straylight Run project. TBS aint **** w/o him :gomer:

Dave99
01-22-05, 07:27 PM
all u ppl who dont like emo r just dumb so jst stop it ok your not the boss of me ok so just shut up ok :cry:

cart7
01-22-05, 08:22 PM
His name is Emo, haha, I get it. :gomer:

You kids have totally f'd music up. You were supposed to listen to the music our generation made, build on it and then give us oldsters something fresh so we could keep rockin on, not revert back to it and whine that no ones making any good music these days. I can't keep listening to the Stones and daydream I'm back in my '69 stang, cruisin Lindberg Blvd. trying to get laid.

I'm 47 dammit, get with it kids, get off your azzes and start producing some rock n roll! I'm starting to think I won't be able to rely on you guys for my social security. ;) :D

Spicoli
01-23-05, 01:42 AM
I'm not whining about not getting laid.

Yes you are.

loooozer. :gomer:

Spicoli
01-23-05, 01:46 AM
His name is Emo, haha, I get it. :gomer:

You kids have totally f'd music up. You were supposed to listen to the music our generation made, build on it and then give us oldsters something fresh so we could keep rockin on, not revert back to it and whine that no ones making any good music these days. I can't keep listening to the Stones and daydream I'm back in my '69 stang, cruisin Lindberg Blvd. trying to get laid.

I'm 47 dammit, get with it kids, get off your azzes and start producing some rock n roll! I'm starting to think I won't be able to rely on you guys for my social security. ;) :D

there's tons of great music out there today. finding it is a chore sometimes.

Dirty Sanchez
01-23-05, 02:00 AM
I learnt thaT INNER COOL URBAn Eurotrash wannabe stuff from jcwelch/ytbaby. One day, if'n I work REEEL hard, I'ma git me a VesPa too! ;)

However, I traded my Lexus iS in for a FX4 F-150, so I ain't THAT coolio. :gomer:well hello yellowmanbaby :gomer:

Spicoli
01-23-05, 10:45 AM
well hello cool dude with a yellow truck!

Dood: Thought you were going to Drifting School today? :confused:

http://www.raceschool.com/drifting/logo_drifting.jpg

:gomer:

:rofl: :thumbup:

KaBoom21
01-24-05, 12:19 PM
Arcade Fire, Destroyer, AC Newman, Libertines, Mark Lanegan Band, Futureheads, Nick Cave, Fiery Furnaces, Morrissey, Scissor Sisters, Lansing-Dreiden, Air, and Secret Machines all put out top-notch rekkids in 2004.

Of course, your results may vary.

Ankf00
01-24-05, 12:22 PM
Arcade Fire, Destroyer, AC Newman, Libertines, Mark Lanegan Band, Futureheads, Nick Cave, Fiery Furnances, Morrissey, Scissor Sisters, Lansing-Dreiden, Air, and Secret Machines all put out top-notch rekkids in 2004.

Of course, your results may vary.

Concur on The Aracade Fire (they were here last night at Fat Cat's, bad F'ing ASS.), Destroyer, Futureheads, Morrissey, Air, Secret Machines. Haven't checked out the rest, I think I will :)

Will have to throw in Killers, Streets, RJD2, Walkmen, Brian Wilson, and Elliot Smith for the all-star '04 list too.

Jervis Tetch 1
01-24-05, 02:14 PM
Dead Kennedys, Fear, Black Flag.........those were the days.
Throw in Flipper, The Ramones and The Minutemen and I'm with you.

Ankf00
01-25-05, 12:12 AM
for the great cuts from '05 list...

I've already got the Doves' - Some Cities... it's nice.

Warlock!
01-25-05, 01:25 PM
Most music sucks... really. If you like it, then you suck, too.

It really is that simple.

:p

ilferrari
01-25-05, 05:02 PM
all u ppl who dont like emo r just dumb so jst stop it ok your not the boss of me ok so just shut up ok :cry:
:laugh: :thumbup:

Night Train
01-25-05, 10:17 PM
Dropkick f'n Murphys!

'nuff said!