PDA

View Full Version : Molson to produce race broadcasts.

KLang
01-21-05, 03:12 PM
link (http://www.champcarworldseries.com/News/Article.asp?ID=8654)

The Champ Car World Series will turn to one of the most experienced sports production companies in all of North America to produce the broadcasts of the Bridgestone Presents The Champ Car World Series Powered by Ford in 2005, naming Molson Sports & Entertainment Inc. to produce the television package for the 2005 Champ Car World Series season.

I have no idea if this is good or not. :confused:

Ankf00
01-21-05, 03:23 PM
so we're going to be following around PT all day with intermittent shots of Tag?

beats following around slovin and gonzalez...

JoeBob
01-21-05, 03:33 PM
Molson were hired by whatever Canadian network had rights to the race to produce the coverage of those races - hence the Canadians getting more coverage. I'd expect that when they're working for ChampCar, they'll produce what ChampCar wants.

I look at it this way - we once again have a production company with experience producing racing coverage. Last year's company didn't, and it showed.

saxwithmatt
01-21-05, 03:44 PM
I think this is good. Molstar has a tonne of experience with live sporting events. I think that they'll do the series good.

Railbird
01-21-05, 04:35 PM
Hard to be worse than last year.

Sounds good to me.

nissan gtp
01-21-05, 04:36 PM
gotta be better than beetlejuice
http://www.zelluloid.de/images/szenen/3947b0bcd5ac3.jpg

Sean O'Gorman
01-21-05, 05:04 PM
I'm guessing this means that with Molson in charge, the cameras will gradually become more and more out of focus, and by the end of the race, Philippe will look good enough to take home. :saywhat:

racer2c
01-21-05, 05:20 PM
I'm guessing this means that with Molson in charge, the cameras will gradually become more and more out of focus, and by the end of the race, Philippe will look good enough to take home. :saywhat:

:rofl: :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
01-21-05, 06:47 PM
From that article:

Molson Sports & Entertainment’s Champ Car program will be headed by Director of Broadcast Operations Claude Briere, who will work closely with Senior Manager of Broadcast Operations Jim Wilkes.

:saywhat:

Steve99
01-21-05, 08:22 PM
From that article:

Manager of Broadcast Operations Jim Wilkes

:saywhat:

That can't be, can it? :eek:

Sean O'Gorman
01-21-05, 09:43 PM
Who would want to watch a race produced from an igloo?

JohnnyQ
01-21-05, 10:09 PM
Molsen....top grade sauce. It would be cool to see the drivers come in to the pits and be handed a Molsen from the drink stick.

cart7
01-21-05, 11:01 PM
Who would want to watch a race produced from an igloo?
They'll need a top notch cable guy to run all the wires too. I wonder who'll they'll get? :p

jonovision_man
01-22-05, 10:37 AM
Molsen....top grade sauce. It would be cool to see the drivers come in to the pits and be handed a Molsen from the drink stick.

LOL. :)

Good deal for CC, cements that relationship with Molson. Any doubts following the Vancouver drop should be erased, Molson and CC are together for the long haul it seems. :thumbup:

jono

ferrarigod
01-22-05, 11:53 PM
They'll need a top notch cable guy to run all the wires too. I wonder who'll they'll get? :p

:laugh: ROTFLMAO :laugh: