PDA

View Full Version : Welcome saxwithmatt!

rabbit
01-20-05, 04:28 PM
I hope y'all don't mind. I invited somebody else to the party. I stumbled across Matt's blog (http://saxwithmatt.blogspot.com/) whilst surfing the web yesterday and thought he seemed like our kind of people. So I shot him off an email to tell him about our humble little haven and he decided to join us and registered right away. So let's all give him a warm welcome, and try not to hold the fact that he is a Canuck against him. ;) :thumbup:

oddlycalm
01-20-05, 04:40 PM
Welcome Matt, eh. Congratulations on winning the Stanly Cup this year. :thumbup:

BTW, most of us in the States received our flying cars some time ago, but we're keeping it a secret so our borders aren't trampled by dozens of Canadians fleeing here for a better life. :gomer:

oc

devilmaster
01-20-05, 04:44 PM
BTW, most of us in the States received our flying cars some time ago, but we're keeping it a secret so our borders aren't trampled by dozens of Canadians fleeing here for a better life. :gomer:

That's only a small fraction of those Americans fleeing to Canada because of American politics :p

And btw, welcome to another Canucklehead. :thumbup:

[edit] Damn! A champcar fan and a Leaf Fan.... This guy so gets a beer from me :laugh:

Steve

G.
01-20-05, 05:05 PM
He likes flying cars?!? Why'd you invite this Earl shill in here?? :confused:

(welcome, Matt)

Ankf00
01-20-05, 05:10 PM
don't we have border patrol for PRECISELY this reason? :saywhat:

:gomer:

welcome, dude :D

devilmaster
01-20-05, 05:11 PM
don't we have border patrol for PRECISELY this reason?

Apparently not. Yer there. :p ;)

Steve

Ankf00
01-20-05, 05:18 PM
Apparently not. Yer there. :p ;)

Steve
Well I can't be that bad if they want me building jet fighters :D They do allow you to cross with a vehicle full of bubbas though, hrmm... giving the border guards some kickbacks eh? ;)

RaceGrrl
01-20-05, 05:19 PM
Bring me Coffee Crisp and Aero bars and all will be fine. :)

Welcome, Matt. HAHAHAHAHA! Get it? Welcome Mat. :gomer:

Yeah, I'm a dork.

mexican
01-20-05, 05:21 PM
bienvenido 'nuck. hope you despise the .1RL as much as all of us here

racer2c
01-20-05, 05:47 PM
Hi Matt. Welcome. Introductions are in order. I'm racer2c or r2c for short. I'm an old Seventh Gear (now defunct Champ Car forum) refugee and have been a resident here at OC almost since it's inception. Now my fellow members look to me for leadership, guidance, instruction, a shoulder to cry on and a strong hand for support.
I know all there is to know about all forms of motor racing although I only watch F1 and Champ Car. I mean heck, they all have four tires and an engine, what's there not to know!?!
I'm not to familier with Canadia besides Paul Tracy and the Northern Exposure tv show. Oh, never mind that was Alaska.
One more thing, too much Off Camber will leave you a little off camber. Take it from me, I'm racer2c!

:saywhat: :)

lone_groover
01-20-05, 07:37 PM
Hola amigo! Dig your blog.

As you know, this IS the champ fan forum of record, and to me, the only one worth checking at least a few dozen times per day. Then, if some dumba$$ gets his new vanity forum back up, you can peep that one too....

:thumbup:

Easy
01-21-05, 11:44 AM
Didn't saxwithmatt used to post at 7g or cw?

saxwithmatt
01-21-05, 04:31 PM
Oh man, people are reading my blog... that's kinda embarassing. But I have nothing to hide! ;)

It took me a little bit to find my way into this thread, but thanks for the welcome everyone. A bit about myself... I love Champ Car (obviously) and hate the IRL. I've been the Toronto Molson Indy for the last 7 years with my dad and brother. There's nothing like Champ Car in person! Other than racing related info... I'm 25 living in Waterloo, Ontario. Grew up around Sarnia, and other various boring bits of information (which is inadvertantly on public display on the blog). Anyway, I'm looking forward to being a part of the site, as I've never posted on another forum before.

Thanks again for the welcome. And thanks to rabbit for the invite.

ferrarigod
01-22-05, 11:47 PM
Welcome, glad to see some more Champ Car fans hiding north of the border :thumbup: