PDA

View Full Version : The Future is Here

Easy
01-20-05, 01:59 PM
I was waiting for someone else to post this but what the hell...

http://www.panamv6.com/

Should be better than the 2 previous attempts. Renault Sport is actively involved this time.

mexican
01-20-05, 03:53 PM
gee... where do I even begin...

Rahalnut, wanna field this one?

Ankf00
01-20-05, 06:41 PM
whatever happened to the guy with those old "the future of ladder series is here" posts?

RichK
01-20-05, 06:59 PM
whatever happened to the guy with those old "the future of ladder series is here" posts?

I think he may have single-handedly killed off FranAm by annoying every open wheel racing fan! :laugh:

Sean O'Gorman
01-21-05, 06:50 PM
Who the hell is going to have the budget to run this kind of schedule??

http://www.panamracing.com/images/sub_pic_panamV6_calendar.jpg

racer2c
01-21-05, 10:43 PM

The Brazilian sponsors who used to be in CART?
:)

Easy
01-23-05, 04:58 AM

The organizers are taking care of all transportation of the cars. Bob Gelles is saying half a mil for the V6 cars, $200k for 2 liter. I have no vested interest in this potential series, but $500,000 for a season and the champ gets a free year of the World Series by Renault(formerly Nissan). Half the cost of Atlantics and a full season in Europe for the champ will attract potential SudAm F3 guys. Lets see if they can actually pull it off.

mexican
01-23-05, 01:08 PM
PortlandCARTfan, is that you? ;) :p

Easy
01-23-05, 02:06 PM
The Future is Here

...again. :gomer:

mexican
01-24-05, 01:03 AM
have you checked out the schedule? according to this they are racing in Buenas (sic) Aires, Argentina. another race is in Cordova (sic) Argentina. and it all starts off at the "Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve" :saywhat:

Allen Berg is the managing director of the series, after lighting the F1 world on fire in his half season at Osella in 86 he went to Mexico and raced there for abooout 10 years.

Allen... did you ever learn how to speak spanish? next time hire some idiot to proof read your web site, por favor!!!

just from looking at the site I have ripped it a couple of new ones, it's a case of deja-vu all over again. good luck guys, 'cause from the looks of it it's gonna be Buenas Noches for PAV6FR soon.

mjsut
01-26-05, 06:05 AM
... Buenas (sic) Aires, ... Cordova (sic) ....
Allen... did you ever learn how to speak spanish? next time hire some idiot to proof read your web site, por favor!!!

Sorry about the spelling mistakes ... I have edited and hopefully got them right this time ... can I claim being English as an excuse ;)

Site is in process of being translated into Spanish and Portuguese ... would you mind checking it through once it's done?

mexican
01-28-05, 06:28 PM
:eek: the fran-am brigade is invading OC!!!

:runs:

being English as an excuse for what? spelling? or everything else in general? :D

I already did a primary spell check, now you want more languages? what's in it for me? I take paypal

I'll cut you a deal here, if you keep PCF and the rest of your shills on tight reins (I know, fat chance of that happening...) me & my buds here at the forum will let your series survive this time, OK? ;)

Don Quixote
01-28-05, 07:52 PM
:laugh:

Tim
01-29-05, 02:31 PM
gee... where do I even begin...

Rahalnut, wanna field this one?

The funny thing was when I ripped on PCF for licking Fran-Am's balls I was just doing it because he got so defensive. I felt better when it failed because I was actually right. :D

Ankf00
01-29-05, 03:00 PM
it sure beats the hell out of Atlantics on paper, lets see if it actually delivers what it promises...

TorontoWorker
01-29-05, 08:35 PM

I was just thinking that! He showed up on the 7th Gear forums and I gave him a hard time there and he was like, ""are you the devil reborn or what? He just couldn't get over the fact that he was what spam is to email with his total self promotion of a race series he was involved in.

TorontoWorker
01-29-05, 08:41 PM
have you checked out the schedule? according to this they are racing in Buenas (sic) Aires, Argentina. another race is in Cordova (sic) Argentina. and it all starts off at the "Circuit Gilles-Villeneuve" :saywhat:

Did you go to their site? It starts off at Mosport in June. Unless they have not updated their website that is. In fact they were talking to Mosport last month and we were all set to have them on the May 24th weekend and suddenly thats been shifted to mid June??? They are also at 3 rivers which should be interesting. Can't wait to see the look on the drivers face after one race lap through the gates!

Sean O'Gorman
01-29-05, 08:50 PM
The problem I had with PCF was that he was touting Fran-Am as a solution, when it was just making the problem worse.

One of these days I'd really like to see a ladder designed specifically to move the fastest drivers up the ranks, without lack of funding and the dozens of self-centered agendas getting in the way.

JohnnyQ
01-31-05, 07:47 AM
The problem I had with PCF was that he was touting Fran-Am as a solution, when it was just making the problem worse.

One of these days I'd really like to see a ladder designed specifically to move the fastest drivers up the ranks, without lack of funding and the dozens of self-centered agendas getting in the way.

We can expect world peace that day as well. Never going to happen.

NismoZ
03-25-05, 05:46 PM
OK...so I say the new spec for F-Atlantic will be announced soooon, verrry sooon...and since neither CC or Atl. have been on the cusp of openwheel development lately I'll guess the tub is based on something already out there. I don't know what, but I hope its cheaper to run and the CC ladder is able to run with full fields again, soon, very soon! I don't know your preferences, but how great would it be to see the Cosworth/Atlantic series pushing all kinds of tuner parts for the wee car crowd? Lotsa money in it!