PDA

View Full Version : 2005 Rule Book Online

JoeBob
01-19-05, 10:37 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/about/RuleBook2005.pdf

Interesting tidbit, that I dont think was mentined when the incentives for testing TA drivers were announced (full details of those test days are in the rule book):

5.3.3. 2004 Atlantic Team Entrant Test Days. Former Atlantic full season entrant teams that become full season 2005 Champ Car World Series team entrants will be allocated two (2) additional test days. Such test days are not provided for in a team's tire allocation. Tires supplied for this purpose must be arranged by the team with the tire manufacturer. Entrants are limited to twelve (12) dry type tires per new entrant test day.

nrc
01-20-05, 12:01 AM
I thought that had been in there already. Normally rules changes are marked in the margin. Either they didn't do that this time or they didn't change any rules.

The Doctor
01-20-05, 12:12 AM
Pits now always closed when yellow comes out. I don't recall this being a part of many races last season. Perhaps there were a few -- but not many.

6.22.18. Pit Closure Procedures - Yellow Periods.
6.22.18A. On all types of tracks, whenever a full course yellow is declared, a
marshal positioned before the pit entrance will immediately signal that the pit
lane is closed. The field will slow and the pace car will take a position
directly in front of the race leader. The signal for pit closure will be a flag/sign
with a black ā€œPā€ on a red field. When this sign is displayed, any competitor
approaching the pit entrance must stay on the race track. However, in the
opinion of the Officials, any competitor committed to the pit lane may
continue into the pit lane and pit without penalty.

Steve99
01-20-05, 03:19 PM
Pits now always closed when yellow comes out. I don't recall this being a part of many races last season. Perhaps there were a few -- but not many.

I thought that was how they had been doing it for a few years now.

rosawendel
01-20-05, 04:08 PM
still my all time favorite (although it does make sense):

8.6.7. Dentures. Drivers shall remove all dentures before driving a race car.

jonovision_man
01-20-05, 05:34 PM
8.6.7. Dentures. Drivers shall remove all dentures before driving a race car.

Hey, Vasser's no spring chicken. :)

jono