PDA

View Full Version : Here Already:World Rally Returns This Weekend

JohnHKart
01-19-05, 10:56 AM
Sheesh the season is fast approaching...with the Monte Carlo Rally this weekend. Speed:

Jan 23
8PM PST

Repeats
1230 AM PST

Methanolandbrats
01-19-05, 11:01 AM
Thanks, I don't even check SPEED listings anymore because there is nothing on but crap. Guess it's time to hold my nose and wade back in.

nrc
01-19-05, 11:46 AM
Sheesh the season is fast approaching...with the Monte Carlo Rally this weekend. Speed:

Thanks for the heads up. I think I cancelled that from my TiVo assuming it was a re-run from last season.

Forza Lancia
01-19-05, 12:51 PM
Wouldn't miss it. Has anyone heard who Speed's commentator(s) is (are) this year?

Steve99
01-19-05, 03:38 PM
Are we still getting the single-night digest version? :thumdown:

JohnHKart
01-19-05, 07:18 PM
Thanks, I don't even check SPEED listings anymore because there is nothing on but crap. Guess it's time to hold my nose and wade back in.

I'm the same.....Am taking a total racing break this off season...I don't even watch Speed News. Speed's becoming like VH1...if they do have something I want to watch I miss it because of not looking at the schedule.

:John

Methanolandbrats
01-19-05, 07:22 PM
Are we still getting the single-night digest version? :thumdown: Of course, it's a proper motorsport. If you want live extended coverage you'll have to watch the wife of some Busch Driver walk her dog.

Jag_Warrior
01-22-05, 11:37 AM
I'm the same.....Am taking a total racing break this off season...I don't even watch Speed News. Speed's becoming like VH1...if they do have something I want to watch I miss it because of not looking at the schedule.

:John

Which reminds me, would it kill ESPN Classic to run a few old CART races?! They do it in Canada, don't they? They could call it I Love 80's Racing: Part Deux... intertwine it with some Nu Wave of the day or something.

And Subaru needs to run the Rex wagon, dammit! :laugh:

nrc
01-23-05, 01:59 PM
ARGH! The biggest problem with World Rally is that my My Way news page frequently spoils the race before I get to see the Speed coverage.