PDA

View Full Version : Report: Midland F1 buys Jordan.

devilmaster
01-17-05, 02:23 PM
Eddie Jordan's tenure as a Formula One team owner is set to come to an end, according to a report from Autosport.com.

The flamboyant Irishman has reportedly agreed to sell control of his team to Russian-born Canadian Alex Shnaider, who recently announced plans for a new F1 team, to be called Midland F1, which would begin competing in 2006.

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_Story.asp?ID=111538

Steve

Jervis Tetch 1
01-17-05, 03:30 PM
I'm sort of sad. Jordan was one of the great characters of F1 like Ken Tyrrell was.

I'm just glad he went out with some victories to his credit.

Beevis
01-17-05, 03:33 PM
How many times has Jordan been "sold" now. Seems like every other week Eddie has someone buying that outfit.

Andrew Longman
01-17-05, 04:16 PM
How many times has Jordan been "sold" now. Seems like every other week Eddie has someone buying that outfit.

True. I seem to recall that he sold a minority interest to a group from Bahrain.

That would seem to mean that Schnaider is getting less than he originally dreamed of, but maybe this is more realistic than starting from scratch. Too bad though because his plan might have served as a blueprint for other to enter F1 without the backing of manufacturers and governments or without simply buying a portion of ever-dwindling existing F1 assets.

extramundane
01-17-05, 05:25 PM
This story came out last week, then was almost immediately retracted.

In other words, until I see videotape of Eddie Jordan saying "I sold the team" I shall remain skeptical.