PDA

View Full Version : Reasons

pinniped
01-16-05, 11:14 PM
Given the confused nature of the last thread and its deletions, I thought some clarification was in order. I know and have some friends here and for them and those that have written to me and requested I reconsider, I am posting this email.

First, I am not mad or upset with any individual poster. There are some who irk me, but that occurs everywhere.

Rather, I am leaving, as stated because of the moderation. It seems every other post I make is being deleted lately, threads closed, and for no good reason. In my opinion of course. Now, no one has so much as emailed me with any reason for this. The one complaint made was a mere suggestion in the last thread...the response to that was an "invitation to leave" by the moderator. Put yourself in my shoes, if someone gave you the finger in that manner, would you want to hang out here and support their efforts? Maybe you would, maybe I'm different, maybe I'm over-reacting. Whatever. I seem to recall one of the moderators here posting "if you can't stand for something you'll fall for anything." That says it.

Sorry if that or my other posts offend anyone, with the exception of former TrackForum moderators and other indianacentric gomer types...I'll be around, just not here. Is that a pissed off customer? You decide.

Bye.

Railbird
01-16-05, 11:19 PM
:gomer:

pinniped
01-16-05, 11:25 PM
:gomer:

Tough behind your keyboard, eh? :rolleyes:

Ed_Severson
01-16-05, 11:29 PM
Some friendly advice, if I may, from an experienced poster. I did pretty much the exact same thing at 7thGear, with one exception.

Once you make the post where you tell everyone to **** off, you're not really supposed to stick around and see who responds. Just tell everyone to **** off and walk away like a man.

That is all. :)

cart7
01-16-05, 11:35 PM
I've had a few posts deleted myself and I knew why, they bordered on violating the users agreement. Plain and simple. (Politics ya know)

and hopefully you'll take ed's advice. If not. :p

Have a nice day. :)

pinniped
01-16-05, 11:40 PM
Thanks for the advice Ed. Wanted to be sure that I didn't offend those that I know, that's all. Sorry if that ain't the internet version of anyone's cowboy dreams. Thank you also for the 7th gear analogy...

Consider it done.

Ziggy
01-17-05, 01:13 AM
We shall look for ways to survive without you. It will be tough, but hopefully worth the effort.

JLMannin
01-17-05, 12:05 PM
If Pinniped is leaving because of the moderation, then I say that the moderators were doing their job. :thumbup:

Like Ziggy, I'll somehow manage.

Hot Rod Otis
01-17-05, 01:28 PM
Who cares?
If your gonna leave, then leave. Spare us the speech. :rolleyes:

G.
01-17-05, 01:51 PM
I've had topics get nuked for no apparent reason. So I got this wacky idea, so crazy, it just might work. I asked.

(is it a breach of netiquette to post part of a PM in the open forum?)

Part of the reply: "It was nothing that you did, but we appreciate you asking about it rather than jumping to a conclusion about why it was removed"

Sometimes I think the moderation is a wee bit heavy. OK. That and $5.00 will get me a Starbuck's. BFD.

What's worse than moderation? Hijacking an "interesting" topic with a personal rant about the mods. I still got your back, pinni, but that was wrong. I wanted to reply to it, too.

(now I'll get banned for the netiquette thingy :laugh: )

pinniped
01-18-05, 01:34 AM
I just don't know what indy means! :p

Railbird
01-18-05, 01:43 AM
You evidently don't know what " I am leaving" means.

You've had your tearfull farewell, now go away.

pinniped
01-18-05, 02:05 AM
You're right ...I just can't be as cool as you...however, you haven't gotten rid of me yet, no sirree bob, I will be moving to indianapolis so I can be close to you and get a coolness makeover. I've bought some overalls and a John Deere hat. Once I get the farmer tan, a herd of sheep and learn to talk slackjaw, look out...

FCYTravis
01-18-05, 02:18 AM
:shakehead

mapguy
01-18-05, 06:26 AM
You're such a drama queen.

cart7
01-18-05, 06:53 AM
...however, you haven't gotten rid of me yet, no sirree bob,

You were supposed to get rid of you. Or so you said... in several good-bye posts. :rolleyes:

Remember, this is a cliquee little club here that you despise. The moderators are singling you out and deleting anything good you've contributed. Some of us can do whatever we want. Like, I'll tell a dirty joke right here and I'll bet it doesn't get deleted.

A guy, a duck and a blonde walk into a bar and the guy says **** ** ****** then the bartender says **** ** ********* *** to which the duck replys **** ****** ** *** ********* and finally the blonde, in desperation says **** ****** *******. :laugh:

I love that joke and it didn't get deleted! I must be part of the club so I think I'll stay. :gomer:

Spicoli
01-18-05, 08:24 AM
This is funny.

I've been kicked off every board but YFDS (what moderators) and wgaf anyway. Its all bullchit, and besides us and the remaining 47 gomers at TF, nobody cares about this stuff.

abnd from the antics this off-season, doesn;t look like KK, GF, FTG or anyone else cares either.

Our sport is "niche" to say the least. ****, that's a compliment. :saywhat:

Methanolandbrats
01-18-05, 08:47 AM
This little fellow can help you out with a departure countdown
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/geno/321.gif

Dirty Sanchez
01-18-05, 12:33 PM
I'm gonna miss that guy.