PDA

View Full Version : Why JPM will never win the title

Beevis
01-16-05, 09:47 AM
From SpeedTV.com
"The Colombian said Frank Williams told him he was “fat” as soon as he arrived at the squad in 2001. “They always told me [at Williams] I had to lose weight, but nobody ever did anything about it,” he added."

How about gettnig your own unmotivated a$$ into the gym instead of expecting someone to do it for you? You think the current champion waits to be told to work out? What a loser.

Railbird
01-16-05, 10:52 AM
What was Ron Dennis thinking?

"The opportunity to sign a talent like Juan Pablo was too good to miss"

Jag_Warrior
01-16-05, 11:13 AM
I'm guessing Ron was thinking that Juan's b@lls are bigger than his gut. There are women from the former East Germany that have a bigger set than some of the twinks on the current F1 grid.

If Ron will take 5 minutes to produce a car that can win races and a championship (instead of worrying about the carpet color in his pretty building by the big pond), Juan will git r done.

RTKar
01-16-05, 11:17 AM
So JPM is fat?...so he's like what?.... 5'6" 150 #'s...that's REALLY fat...how does that compare to the other driver's size? :shakehead I'd be more concerned about his stamina and strength...I still think he and Kimi are the only two that can actually bring the fight to Schumi, they actually try to pass.

Dirty Sanchez
01-16-05, 11:21 AM
"The opportunity to sign a talent like Juan Pablo was too good to miss"I bet he said the same thing after he snagged Coulthard from Williams :laugh:

Methanolandbrats
01-16-05, 11:22 AM
If he got ripped, it would'nt make him any more intelligent, he'd just look better in his drivers suit when walking back to the paddock after throwing the car away.

Railbird
01-16-05, 11:26 AM
With Ferrari fixin to lay another ass-whippin on the field the JPM/Kimi matchup may be the most interesting thing about '05 F1.

Ten lbs one way or the other isn't going to make a damn bit of diff once Juancho has the bit between his teeth.

Dirty Sanchez
01-16-05, 11:27 AM
no one said it would... but his remarks point to the bigger problem with montoya... he's a dumbass :laugh:

Railbird
01-16-05, 11:47 AM
most drivers are.

Dirty Sanchez
01-16-05, 12:27 PM
yep... and most drivers aren't champions. coincidence? :gomer:

Railbird
01-16-05, 01:21 PM
So you're saying JV is a genuis?

D Hill maybe?

How about this guy?

http://www.unicyclist.org/pics/MikaHakkinen.jpg

Dirty Sanchez
01-16-05, 01:35 PM
:laugh: funnE picture.

good point and nope... I'm not saying any of those guys are geniuses... all three were in the most dominant car and managed to keep it together against a mentally tougher schumacher in a lesser car. some did better than others... no history lesson needed on that one.

montoya was in the best car a couple of years ago and still managed not to win the title. I don't believe he will be in the best car this year... but that remains to be seen. dennis thinks he can get more out of this lunkhead... fine... I don't see it.

Rogue Leader
01-16-05, 02:32 PM
:laugh: funnE picture.

good point and nope... I'm not saying any of those guys are geniuses... all three were in the most dominant car and managed to keep it together against a mentally tougher schumacher in a lesser car. some did better than others... no history lesson needed on that one.

montoya was in the best car a couple of years ago and still managed not to win the title. I don't believe he will be in the best car this year... but that remains to be seen. dennis thinks he can get more out of this lunkhead... fine... I don't see it.

IMO the Iceman Kimi is going to bitch slap him up and down the track.... I just hope JPM doesnt get in Kimis way of catching Schumi.

Railbird
01-16-05, 08:27 PM
a mentally tougher schumacher

There is no arguing with the fact that Scummy brings it every week, much more so than the nancy boys currently chasing him. Button, Kimi, JPM, are his strongest challengers and not a one of them is "on" every week.

Jag_Warrior
01-16-05, 09:48 PM
montoya was in the best car a couple of years ago and still managed not to win the title.

I must have missed the season that Montoya was in the Ferrari. Whether we're talking 2002 or 2003, I never heard the FW24 or FW25 characterized as the best car on the grid. I heard the BMW described as the strongest engine in 2003, but that was it.

All I know is Montoya and Raikkonen are about the only two drivers not to start smelling like tuna fish when it comes time to bang wheels with Shoemaker.

There are a LOT of guys who will never win the WDC. But from watching him since his F3000 days, I don't think I'd bet any money on him being in that also-ran club.

Spicoli
01-16-05, 11:33 PM
I must have missed the season that Montoya was in the Ferrari. Whether we're talking 2002 or 2003, I never heard the FW24 or FW25 characterized as the best car on the grid. I heard the BMW described as the strongest engine in 2003, but that was it.

All I know is Montoya and Raikkonen are about the only two drivers not to start smelling like tuna fish when it comes time to bang wheels with Shoemaker.

There are a LOT of guys who will never win the WDC. But from watching him since his F3000 days, I don't think I'd bet any money on him being in that also-ran club.

you should know better than to argue with Crapus. ;)

Jag_Warrior
01-17-05, 12:29 AM
http://instagiber.net/smiliesdotcom/contrib/dvv/esmil.gif

Dirty Sanchez
01-17-05, 11:07 AM
silly rabbit... in 2003, the BMW was the strongest engine, Michelin was the strongest tire and from Monaco 2003 onwards, Williams was the strongest package. At the very least, it was as good as anything else going. My point is you put Montoya in equal or even better equipment and then sit back and enjoy watching it slip away from him. He will wither against Kimi.

as far as head-to-head against Michael... meh :rolleyes:

Juan needs to figure out how to deal with Rubens first :gomer:

Jag_Warrior
01-21-05, 08:53 PM
Deal with Rubens? All Juan has to do is don a red suit before each race and apply some Red Baron cologne to his crotch = Rubens happy, hmm. :gomer: I like Rubens. I know he likes to think he's going for it. But somewhere in his mind, he knows his place within the red squad. That's sad.

Not the most reliable package, but yes, I'd say the Williams was the stronger package... after Monaco, did you say? OK. Thanks for qualifying that for me ( ;) ).From Monaco on, Montoya soundly whooped the field in points. A funky penalty and a hydraulic problem, combined with whatever bone-head things he may have done earlier in the season, took him out. If he'd had a team mate, Williams would have taken the Constructors' Championship in 2003.

Shoemaker is the man. I can't stand his cheatin' @ss, but I'll give the dog his due. But Montoya's my boy. And there are several others who I think will do well in time too: Kimi, Fred Alonso, Mark Webber... maybe Button. But whacking on Montoya after Monaco 2003... What wuz u thankin'?! :p

Dirty Sanchez
01-21-05, 09:45 PM
he quit racing in france... and then was properly served by p. head for acting like a child. that was after monaco. he decided to throw his championship away with a poorly executed and impatient move on rubens (the source of my comment) in a race where lots of stategy could have been employed due the variable conditions. that was after monaco too.

fact: no driver has left williams and gone on to be wdc.

juanblog jan 16, 2005: must get un-fat :gomer:

Jag_Warrior
01-21-05, 10:22 PM
fact: no driver has left williams and gone on to be wdc.

And until last year, no sitting President had won an election with the S&P being in negative territory. Purely coincidental trivia.

Will he win a WDC? I don't know. I watched Schumacher throw away a WDC by banging wheels in one of the most half-hearted, pansy-@ss maneuvers I've ever seen. He got over it and has gone on to greatness. Putting it together consistently is what it's all about. So far no one has matched Schumacher's Ferrari team on that. But Montoya has had enough moments that I think it's sorta silly to dismiss him.

Fact: Montoya outscored ALL opponents after Monaco 2003. Considering the beginning of the season, was it enough? Well, since he didn't win the WDC, that's a rather apparent no. Fewer mistakes than Ralfie. More b@lls than Rubens. More brains than Button (though that ain't sayin' much). Against Alonso in a good car? Great matchup. Does he have more heart, brains or talent than Kimi? Given good cars, I think those two will bring memories of Prost vs. Senna back to McLaren. Messy at times, but fun to watch (for a change).

To say that one of the front runners of the day will never win the WDC because a witch doctor ate some bad stew on the 2nd Tuesday of the month... and that's never happened before? Fuhgetaboutit. :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
01-21-05, 10:39 PM
nice post :)

i'm not saying he doesn't possess an immense natural talent (he does)... but i am saying he's got some serious flaws... and imo he's always been overhyped. 4 wins in 4 years with bmw-williams? meh. whether he/mclaren can turn that around or not remains to be seen. that's one reason we both watch.

comments like above tell me we're in for more of the same. the bit of trivia was simply that. well spotted :gomer:

he didn't exactly crush half schumacher, ya know ;)

racer2c
01-21-05, 10:47 PM
All I know is that it was all Williams fault Juan was fat. Juan said so. :gomer:

Methanolandbrats
01-21-05, 10:51 PM
Monty has million dollar reflexes which are wired to a 10 cent brain.

Jag_Warrior
01-21-05, 11:10 PM
Buster Brown Shoemaker isn't a total slouch - just a genetically shorted goof. He even races his brother from time to time... well, once a season or so.

I agree with you there, Crapus. The best days of F1 were when there were exciting drivers up & down the grid. I couldn't stand Mansell (another not so slim driver) and only learned to respect Prost after Senna was dead. That's when I never missed a race. For that and other reasons, I caught very few races last year - the thrill was gone. I didn't care for him, but I miss Eddie Irvine. I miss Gerhard Berger and Jean Alesi. I'll miss Coulthard and Villeneuve when they hang it up. The current crop of boy-band drivers don't do much for me.

I have enough faith in Juan Gordito to say that if he doesn't win a WDC before he retires, I'll attend an IRL race. (Sucka bet... the IRL will be dead LONG before he retires. :) ).

racer2c
01-21-05, 11:27 PM
Red 5 ruled. Hated Prost. Cried like a baby when Senna died. Loved Alesi's cocked head around corners. Pudgy Juan will be WDC...after Micheal retires. :)

Methanolandbrats
01-21-05, 11:50 PM
Red 5 ruled. Hated Prost. Cried like a baby when Senna died. Loved Alesi's cocked head around corners. Pudgy Juan will be WDC...after Micheal retires. :)Mansell was an ********, but man could he drive. Saw him at RA and he was way better than anyone else. Juan will only win the WDC if Kimi retires too.

Dirty Sanchez
01-22-05, 01:03 AM
Juan could be the next Paul Tracy if he plays his cards right :gomer:

Dr. Corkski
01-22-05, 03:43 AM
Almost everyone seems to forget that Puffy's 2005 teammate was the same guy who was almost able to win the 2003 WDC with a year old car while Puffy did everything in his power to piss away a championship that was his for the taking.

Forza Lancia
01-22-05, 12:07 PM
Given good cars, I think those two will bring memories of Prost vs. Senna back to McLaren. Messy at times, but fun to watch (for a change).

I think they're evenly matched, too -- but I don't know whether their upcoming intrateam rivalry will be of the Prost/Senna cailbre. So far, neither one has shown quite the messianic commitment of Ayrton Senna, and certainly neither one has the brains of Alain Prost. But I hope the McLaren is fast enough to let us see for sure.

Jag_Warrior
01-22-05, 12:41 PM
I think they're evenly matched, too -- but I don't know whether their upcoming intrateam rivalry will be of the Prost/Senna cailbre. So far, neither one has shown quite the messianic commitment of Ayrton Senna, and certainly neither one has the brains of Alain Prost. But I hope the McLaren is fast enough to let us see for sure.

Yeah, I'd say I overplayed that one a bit. I doubt we'll ever see a pairing like those two again. Let's say distant, foggy memories.

Jag_Warrior
01-22-05, 12:45 PM
Loved Alesi's cocked head around corners.

That's what I'm talkin' 'bout! With the high cockpit sides, that wouldn't be seen now, but Alesi had that Pimp Daddy head lean thing down!

This is a guy who SHOULD have come to Champ Car to finish his career.

ferrarigod
01-22-05, 11:56 PM
From SpeedTV.com
"The Colombian said Frank Williams told him he was “fat” as soon as he arrived at the squad in 2001. “They always told me [at Williams] I had to lose weight, but nobody ever did anything about it,” he added."

How about gettnig your own unmotivated a$$ into the gym instead of expecting someone to do it for you? You think the current champion waits to be told to work out? What a loser.

Here is another reason he will never win:

BECAUSE HE IS A WHINY BASTARD, JUST LIKE BRUNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Jag_Warrior
01-23-05, 12:09 AM
Here is another reason he will never win:

BECAUSE HE IS A WHINY BASTARD, JUST LIKE BRUNO!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Who among the current crop isn't? And that trait didn't stop old pointy-chin from rackin' up a few WDC's.

I still have that photo of Senna being on the verge of biatch slappin' Shoemaker in the pits (while the lil shoeman looks down at the ground) - don't make me pull it up. :p

ferrarigod
01-23-05, 12:23 AM
Who among the current crop isn't? And that trait didn't stop old pointy-chin from rackin' up a few WDC's.

I still have that photo of Senna being on the verge of biatch slappin' Shoemaker in the pits (while the lil shoeman looks down at the ground) - don't make me pull it up. :p

I think you are getting Schuey confused with Irv the Swerve :gomer:

Just to answer who isn't:

Jenson (may be a dirty team leaver, but I don't read whiner)

Giancarlo (he has been screwed by top teams all his career, and still all he desires is a Ferrari test)

Pedro Diniz :rofl:

jonovision_man
01-23-05, 09:06 AM

Ha... or Schuey about to "biatch slap" DC at Spa, when he slowed down on the racing line in the rain and MS went into the back of him. :D

Race car drivers can be whiny and win. Juan's fast, and now he's got Ron Dennis to whip him into shape. He'll be fine.

jono

Methanolandbrats
01-23-05, 09:15 AM
Ha... or Schuey about to "biatch slap" DC at Spa, when he slowed down on the racing line in the rain and MS went into the back of him. :D

Race car drivers can be whiny and win. Juan's fast, and now he's got Ron Dennis to whip him into shape. He'll be fine.

jono Monty isn't whiny, he's a hothead. He's too emotional and it leads to mistakes. Not sure he can learn to control that anymore than Kimi can be taught to be a stand up comic.

Jag_Warrior
01-23-05, 09:51 AM
I think you are getting Schuey confused with Irv the Swerve :gomer:

Just to answer who isn't:

Jenson (may be a dirty team leaver, but I don't read whiner)

Giancarlo (he has been screwed by top teams all his career, and still all he desires is a Ferrari test)

Pedro Diniz :rofl:

I'll give you Fisi. I'd also give you Trulli. I'd prolly have to give up Sato too, as I don't follow him very much. But Button? Read more of the Euro based sites. Did someone leave an infant in pitlane? :cry:

On Senna... he did smack the crap out of Irvine. Schumacher assumed the submissive dog position and avoided getting his teeth rattled.

Railbird
01-23-05, 10:40 AM
anymore than Kimi can be taught to be a stand up comic.

I don't know about standup but it appears here that the Iceman is getting a bit of a chuckle after leaving Scummy a "gift" in the loo.

http://www.inauto.com/media/024001004905.jpg

jonovision_man
01-23-05, 11:10 AM
Monty isn't whiny, he's a hothead. He's too emotional and it leads to mistakes. Not sure he can learn to control that anymore than Kimi can be taught to be a stand up comic.

Look at a guy like PT, though, whose an aggressive hot-head... just needs someone who can whisper sweet nothings into his ear and get that blood pressure down.

Juan had a few very mature drives this year, in fact he was very business-like most of the past season. I don't think he's going to have a problem seizing opportunities if he has the car that can win the championship.

jono

Railbird
01-23-05, 11:25 AM
I like Juan but there are times when he just doesn't show up. Unlike Tracy who uses his car as a weapon on his "off" days Jaun just appears to lose interest if he hasn't a clear shot at a win.

Like I've said before what seperates Scummy from the rest, besides the equip, is his total commitment to the task at hand. Every week, every session.

jonovision_man
01-23-05, 11:35 AM
I like Juan but there are times when he just doesn't show up. Unlike Tracy who uses his car as a weapon on his "off" days Jaun just appears to lose interest if he hasn't a clear shot at a win.

Like I've said before what seperates Scummy from the rest, besides the equip, is his total commitment to the task at hand. Every week, every session.

Schumacher is in another league... like you said, he's commited and very consistent, with only a few exceptions. (ie. China 2004, Japan 2003)

But he's also 36... he can't drive forever, which means Juan's likely competition for a championship are "the rest", who are more fallable. :)

jono

Railbird
01-23-05, 11:44 AM
Winning immediatly after Schumacher rather than beating him straight up isn't going to to prove much more than "better than the rest".

Kimi, Juan, Jens et all need to step up while the bar is set at it's current level. Of course that would mean taking McLaren/Honda/whatever to the next level like Scummy did with the Scuderia.

Life ain't fair

jonovision_man
01-23-05, 11:46 AM
Winning immediatly after Schumacher rather than beating him straight up isn't going to to prove much more than "better than the rest".

Kimi, Juan, Jens et all need to step up while the bar is set at it's current level. Of course that would mean taking McLaren/Honda/whatever to the next level like Scummy did with the Scuderia.

Life ain't fair

I agree, but the subject of this thread is "Why JPM will never win the title", not "Why JPM will never beat Michael Schumacher to the title". :)

I think he can win it, given the right circumstances. One of those is Schuey retiring.

jono

Spicoli
01-23-05, 12:24 PM
What about Blinky!?

Methanolandbrats
01-23-05, 12:26 PM
What about Blinky!? Even with twice daily full body massages from his sister he would'nt last a season in F1.

Jag_Warrior
01-23-05, 12:57 PM
Even with twice daily full body massages from his sister he would'nt last a season in F1.

Sounds like the perfect job for Helio.

ferrarigod
01-23-05, 02:46 PM

HAHA. He'll need a job after liverspots moves all in to neckcar.

speaking of whiny drivers, Helio has a serious case of female whineility

"he pass me under yellow, he pass me under yellow"

:D

ferrarigod
01-23-05, 02:48 PM
Monty isn't whiny, he's a hothead. He's too emotional and it leads to mistakes. Not sure he can learn to control that anymore than Kimi can be taught to be a stand up comic.

He is pretty whiney, anyone have that shot of him getting hit in the head with a camera???

Before he got mad he sobbed like a little girlie man :p

oddlycalm
01-24-05, 07:26 PM
He is pretty whiney, anyone have that shot of him getting hit in the head with a camera???

Before he got mad he sobbed like a little girlie man :p :thumdown:
Your comments are off topic, ill informed and seem mean spirited. Anyone can be brought sobbing to their knees involuntarily with a hard enough shot to the ear, as anyone that's been through basic combat training knows.

Back on topic; while the possiblity of Montoya winning a title exists, particularly after MS's departure, my best guess is that Montoya will not win a title. There are simply too many days when he can't bring himself to focus on the job. He may have already had his best shot at a title. The difference between the great and the merely outstanding is their ability to focus totally and win through strength of will. In addition, in racing the ability to get others to put out 110% is often a function

oc

jonovision_man
01-24-05, 07:40 PM
:thumdown:
Your comments are off topic, ill informed and seem mean spirited. Anyone can be brought sobbing to their knees involuntarily with a hard enough shot to the ear, as anyone that's been through basic combat training knows.

Have you seen the video? It wasn't that he sobbed, in fact he turned around and blamed the cameraman when it's clear he was the one not looking where he was going...

Just a minor incident, really, but no question in that one he was being a little prick.

Still could win a championship, though. :)

jono

Spicoli
01-24-05, 11:35 PM

Ever seen El Blinko Maximo with a girl other than his seester? Anyone? Buehler?

Railbird
01-25-05, 02:02 AM
and that has what to do with his driving?

How many CCWS drivers rate higher?

Ankf00
01-25-05, 02:36 AM
PT's favorite hangout: Sizzler.

ilferrari
01-25-05, 06:06 AM
Jaun has the skills but not the focus and commitment to improving the team and the car. If he put in performances like in Brazil each weekend when he was at Williams he would probably have won a WDC by now.

Also he is a whiny and hotheaded biatch, take a look at the video of him crashing into a camera and freaking out about his 'broken head'. He has tried to go head to head with Schumi and usually he end up off the track.

JohnnyQ
01-25-05, 08:15 AM
Jaun has the skills but not the focus and commitment to improving the team and the car. If he put in performances like in Brazil each weekend when he was at Williams he would probably have won a WDC by now.

Also he is a whiny and hotheaded biatch, take a look at the video of him crashing into a camera and freaking out about his 'broken head'. He has tried to go head to head with Schumi and usually he end up off the track.

Usually because Schumacher helps him find his way into the grass. When Schuey's in close quarters he's one of the dirtiest drivers out there.