PDA

View Full Version : Seating/Viewing at Infineon?

Michaelhatesfans
01-15-05, 01:20 PM
My cousin the NASCAR fan (Lord knows I've tried to help her), is going to down to Infineon for the cab race. She was asking me where to sit, but I havne't been Infineon yet. GA? Grandstands? Any suggestions?

RichK
01-15-05, 11:07 PM
Turn 2 is probably the best, IMO. They are coming up the hill at you, it's a difficult turn (especially with cold tires out of the pits), and you can see the whole esses section across the track.

Tell her to get there VERY early. There are only 3 ways into the track, and each is a 2 lane road at the north part of the bay. It's gridlock on race day. Believe me about this, it's worse than you can imagine!

Brickman
01-16-05, 03:59 PM
My cousin the NASCAR fan (Lord knows I've tried to help her), is going to down to Infineon for the cab race. She was asking me where to sit, but I havne't been Infineon yet. GA? Grandstands? Any suggestions?

Infineon? :shakehead

Been there many years sitting in many places. I think the best spot at Sears Point for Tin Tops is grandstand T-9 in sections I-G. This gives cab fans a clear shot of the pit exit, TV screen, and the "accident/action" turns 7 and 11, the cars climbing turn 2 and running through the esses. Of course have her walk the track while practice is running to take in the views from other areas, something Cup fans sometimes just don't get.

http://www.infineonraceway.com/images/04NASCAR-Facility.lg.jpg

Michaelhatesfans
01-16-05, 04:31 PM
Infineon? :shakehead
Hey, believe me - it took everything in my power not to put Sears Point. I used Infineon because I was sure some pedantic member would point out my error! I still gag when I use Mazda and Laguna Seca in the same sentence, as well. :(

Dirty Sanchez
01-16-05, 04:36 PM
where to sit? tell your neckcar kissin' cousin :gomer: that its a road course!!

:thumdown:

FCYTravis
01-16-05, 04:40 PM
Tell her to save her money and go to the ALMS race. No ****in' Chute, you can actually enter the paddock without being dragged off as a criminal, the racing's better and the cars are prettier.

Oh, and instead of $135 for a three-day NASCAR ticket, it's just $60 for a weekend event pass to the Grand Prix of Sonoma.

Anteater
01-16-05, 07:40 PM
I went to the Cup race in '02 and sat in the wrong part of the Earnhardt Terrace in Turn 2. My friend returned to the track the folowing year and found better seats, so I consulted with him last night regarding your question. He said that the Earnhardt Terrace is a good place to sit, as long as you have seats in either Sec. A or B, and in at least Row 20 or higher.

I will not repeat the experience of a Cup race at Infineon (or anywhere else for that matter). As RichK mentioned, the traffic is horrendous, and getting into the track on race day (or out of it post-race) is a bad experience. The people who camp at the track have the right idea. Also, going to NASCAR race was a culture shock for me. Not because the racefans were the rednecks that we love to lampoon; :gomer: , but because I am a spoiled Champ Car fan and didn't like the lack of paddock access. The only thing to do when there were no cars on track was to look at row after row of NASCAR merchandise trailers, yawn.

Methanolandbrats
01-16-05, 09:43 PM
If she's your cousin and likes NASCAR, tell her to sit on your lap. :D

Michaelhatesfans
01-16-05, 09:45 PM
You dick - I was going to forward this to her! :laugh:

Methanolandbrats
01-16-05, 09:47 PM
Glad I could help :laugh:

Brickman
01-17-05, 12:59 PM
I went to the Cup race in '02 and sat in the wrong part of the Earnhardt Terrace in Turn 2. My friend returned to the track the folowing year and found better seats, so I consulted with him last night regarding your question. He said that the Earnhardt Terrace is a good place to sit, as long as you have seats in either Sec. A or B, and in at least Row 20 or higher.

I will not repeat the experience of a Cup race at Infineon (or anywhere else for that matter). As RichK mentioned, the traffic is horrendous, and getting into the track on race day (or out of it post-race) is a bad experience. The people who camp at the track have the right idea. Also, going to NASCAR race was a culture shock for me. Not because the racefans were the rednecks that we love to lampoon; :gomer: , but because I am a spoiled Champ Car fan and didn't like the lack of paddock access. The only thing to do when there were no cars on track was to look at row after row of NASCAR merchandise trailers, yawn.

Camping is the only way, but I usually head over to the Sierra's to go camping and trout fishing after the race, so I run to the gate and am out in 10 minutes. Sadly the rednecks and party people rowdy it up, Father and Son were fighting in the Motorhome next to us, son thought his dad was drinking too much. Of course the dad proved him wrong by getting pissed and driving off and leaving his kid. :shakehead