PDA

View Full Version : Cheever claims another street race.

cart7
01-14-05, 07:32 PM
In Canada no less.

Cheever - Carpentier interview (http://sports.sympatico.msn.ca/Home/ContentPosting.aspx?feedname=CP-AllSports&newsitemid=35129025)

Team boss Eddie Cheever said there would be an IRL race in Canada "very soon" and that it would be a street race, but gave no further hints of where and when it might take place.

and Patrick has this to say:

"I know (the IRL) is trying really hard to get a race in Canada and I hope they succeed in the next year or two," the Joliette, Que., driver said Friday as his new Red Bull Cheever Racing team car was unveiled at the Montreal Auto Show. "It would be exciting to come back to race in Canada. I'll miss not racing in Toronto, Vancouver and Montreal, but that's how it is."

Methanolandbrats
01-14-05, 08:24 PM
THose two tards must believe in Santa too. Ain't gonna happen.

Jag_Warrior
01-14-05, 08:52 PM
"I know (the IRL) is trying really hard to get a race in Canada and I hope they succeed in the next year or two,"

A year or two, huh? What are they gonna do, push the cars around the track or use Grand Am cars?

nissan gtp
01-14-05, 08:54 PM
cheeber is a dumbass :thumdown:

TorontoWorker
01-14-05, 11:05 PM
I read this story and couldn't stop laughing.
Lets see:

- Montreal, Toronto and Edmonton are all under contracts for the next few years with Champ Car. Plus the fans know Crap Cars from Champ Cars up here.

-Vancouver is out because of the winter games and developers.

-Calgary? Where? Race City? Please... Anywhere else in the west? Nope.

-Anywhere in Ontario? Hamilton. Oh christ, we already did the sand bowl many years ago. Ottawa? They wouldn't know a car from a truck. Besides they tried to run a regional race around the Corel Center a few years back and couldn't even pull that off. Hey I know, Mississauga! Around Pearson Airport - in between the A340's landing! They didn't say road courses so I won't mention Mosport because I don't want to scare the children...:eek: (or the workers)

- 3 Rivers? Have you seen this place? Atlantics are too big for this track.
Even if they had mentioned St.Jovite, (road course) I would have half way bought it - except for the part where the drivers crap themselves after one lap around this place. Pat would have been fine, but most of the others...

Halifax? The beer was crap and the race was worse! My buddy crashed his 944turbo here one year in a domestic series race. He said it was like racing around in a kitchen implements organizer tray.

No, Pat and Eddies comments were nothing more then the two of them up in Montreal slumming for local bucks to fund his ride in the IRL - a race series that is no where on the Quebec racing radar. In fact Pats move to the IRL was roundly dismissed by the local press and public alike. With JV back in F1 and a few up and coming Quebec based drivers getting coverage, I'm afraid unless PC wins everything (including Indy) or crashes - he won't get squat coverage in his home province.

So can we get past this IRL street race thing now? It's been a wet dream of Tony's that his series race in Toronto. I could suggest a solution to this wet problem but this is a family site!

sundaydriver2
01-15-05, 01:01 AM
The .1RL will need another race after TMS dumps their ass. Might as well be a street race since that's what the vision was based on. :gomer:

Jervis Tetch 1
01-15-05, 11:11 PM
There's always the Yukon Territory or the Northwest Territories or Inivuit. I'm sure they'll be happy to run Idiot races up there.

racer2c
01-15-05, 11:24 PM
I read this story and couldn't stop laughing.
Lets see:

- Montreal, Toronto and Edmonton are all under contracts for the next few years with Champ Car. Plus the fans know Crap Cars from Champ Cars up here.

-Vancouver is out because of the winter games and developers.

-Calgary? Where? Race City? Please... Anywhere else in the west? Nope.

-Anywhere in Ontario? Hamilton. Oh christ, we already did the sand bowl many years ago. Ottawa? They wouldn't know a car from a truck. Besides they tried to run a regional race around the Corel Center a few years back and couldn't even pull that off. Hey I know, Mississauga! Around Pearson Airport - in between the A340's landing! They didn't say road courses so I won't mention Mosport because I don't want to scare the children...:eek: (or the workers)

- 3 Rivers? Have you seen this place? Atlantics are too big for this track.
Even if they had mentioned St.Jovite, (road course) I would have half way bought it - except for the part where the drivers crap themselves after one lap around this place. Pat would have been fine, but most of the others...

Halifax? The beer was crap and the race was worse! My buddy crashed his 944turbo here one year in a domestic series race. He said it was like racing around in a kitchen implements organizer tray.

No, Pat and Eddies comments were nothing more then the two of them up in Montreal slumming for local bucks to fund his ride in the IRL - a race series that is no where on the Quebec racing radar. In fact Pats move to the IRL was roundly dismissed by the local press and public alike. With JV back in F1 and a few up and coming Quebec based drivers getting coverage, I'm afraid unless PC wins everything (including Indy) or crashes - he won't get squat coverage in his home province.

So can we get past this IRL street race thing now? It's been a wet dream of Tony's that his series race in Toronto. I could suggest a solution to this wet problem but this is a family site!

Cool post. :thumbup:

extramundane
01-16-05, 01:19 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if they tried to piggyback the Grand-Am weekend at Mount Tremblant.

Talk about a trainwreck...

Spicoli
01-16-05, 06:11 PM
Eddie must have forgot his meds.

Memo to UnderACheeeeeber:

NO ONE CARES> ASK ADWIAN FEWNANDETH.

:gomer: