PDA

View Full Version : Any flight simmers out there?

mapguy
01-14-05, 03:30 PM
Just wondering. If there are, post what you prefer to fly and if you are a member of a VA.

I prefer to fly mainly bush planes (Nordyun Norsemen and DHC Beavers) and the MD-11. Not a member of a VA yet but thinking on joining either the vFed-Ex or vUPS.

racer2c
01-14-05, 04:06 PM
I was a big flight simmer for many years, from the original Logitech flight sim that MS bought up to A-10 Cuba to Fly! Fly!2K was really the end of that because I've turned into a hardcore console gamer (I never thought I'd ever say that!) and they don't have flight sims for consoles.
I'm not really paticular about what plane I'm flying. My satisfaction came from instrument flight in real time while navigating through dozens of VOR stations and arriving dead on at your destination.
I also really enjoyed spending hours just going through the pure sim startup for the turboprop Beech King Air B200 and the Hawker 800XP jet. So many switches WEEEE! Fly!2K had the best cockpits of any I've seen up to 2001.
I miss it. I'm sure the newer sims are amayzing.

Sean O'Gorman
01-14-05, 04:26 PM
Nothing to add here, except that I already forwarded this thread to homeland security. :D

Racing Truth
01-14-05, 04:28 PM
Nothing to add here, except that I already forwarded this thread to homeland security. :D

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

mapguy
01-14-05, 04:47 PM

Like this is going to do some damage.

http://www.diggerhistory.info/images/air-recent/norseman.jpg

Mind you, this thing'll pick up more chicks than a Mister 2... :gomer:

Michaelhatesfans
01-14-05, 05:34 PM
Mind you, this thing'll pick up more chicks than a Mister 2... :gomer:
:rofl:

(yeah, cheap shot, but I'm in one of those moods!) :laugh: