PDA

View Full Version : Playoff shenanigans

Racing Truth
01-14-05, 02:04 PM
AFC:

Jets @ Steelers: Can't imagine the Jets winning.

Colts @ Pats: I just have a hunch that Tom Brady will go off (in a good way) Sunday. Vanderidiot misses a crucial FG with poetic justice.

NFC: Who knows?

Rams @ Falcons: See, who really knows? I have to go with ATL, but if the Rams don't turn it over, their offense is clearly good enough.

Vikings @ Eagles: No freaking clue. I have no idea what we will get from either side. Minnesota is always "up-and-down," and Eagles starters haven't played in a month, plus no TO. I'll go Philly, but I have no confidence in it.

Your thoughts?

Jervis Tetch 1
01-14-05, 04:18 PM
New England will be looking at this a lot:
http://espn.go.com/media/nfl/2000/1217/photo/a_manning_vt.jpg

JoeBob
01-14-05, 05:16 PM
AFC: Pittsburgh rolls over the Jets. Manning lights up whats left of the Pat's secondary - and then gets lit up by Pittsburgh's a week later.

NFC: Does it really matter? They're all dead men walking. But, if I had to make picks, I'll go with the Rams and the Eagles this week, and flip a coin to see who gets to be plastered by an AFC team in the Super Bowl.

Racing Truth
01-14-05, 06:46 PM
AFC: Pittsburgh rolls over the Jets. Manning lights up whats left of the Pat's secondary - and then gets lit up by Pittsburgh's a week later.

NFC: Does it really matter? They're all dead men walking. But, if I had to make picks, I'll go with the Rams and the Eagles this week, and flip a coin to see who gets to be plastered by an AFC team in the Super Bowl.

True, but someone, I think, has to win the NFC. :gomer:

I think Manning will do well, but I also think Brady and Dillon will too.

dando
01-15-05, 05:47 PM
Steelers, Colts, Eagles, the ATL. Pennington would have to play lights out for the Jets to win. The game last month was pretty even until late in the game. Looks like it could be a snow bowl in Foxboro tomorrow. Heavy snow is expected towards the coast S/SE of Boston. Obviously this would favor the Pats. I don't see the Vikes or Rams D being enought to win. McNab will not throw 5 INTs like Favre last week.

-Kevin

nrc
01-15-05, 10:16 PM
A narrow escape for the Steelers. Maybe the Jets should consider drafting Mike Nugent. :)

Ankf00
01-15-05, 10:53 PM
Mike Vick is one bad dude.

racer2c
01-15-05, 11:04 PM
Mike Vick is one bad dude.
Very true, but if the Falcons win the Super Bowl, I'll become the biggest Grand Am fan on the planet. :)

dando
01-15-05, 11:09 PM
A narrow escape for the Steelers. Maybe the Jets should consider drafting Mike Nugent. :)
Yup, my FIL said the exact same thing earlier 2night. :)

-Kevin

dando
01-15-05, 11:12 PM
Very true, but if the Falcons win the Super Bowl, I'll become the biggest Grand Am fan on the planet. :)
I'll 2nd that...I will watch every .1RL race w/o beverage of choice in '05. I should make the same claim on UT beating OU.... ;)

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-15-05, 11:26 PM
I'll 2nd that...I will watch every .1RL race w/o beverage of choice in '05. I should make the same claim on UT beating OU.... ;)

-Kevin

Don't you have some recruits to go pay off? :gomer:

and let me reiterate...

Mike Vick. is one. bad. dude.

Sean O'Gorman
01-15-05, 11:48 PM
Mike Vick is going to cost me a fortune if the Rams don't turn things around. :thumdown:

Dr. Corkski
01-16-05, 02:20 AM
Very true, but if the Falcons win the Super Bowl, I'll become the biggest Grand Am fan on the planet. :)They have a chance but ONLY and ONLY IF their defense and Warrick Dunn are at their best. The second Vick actually has to play QB (or throw the ball for non-UT fans), they have about as good of a chance as the Niners this year.

I wonder if Moss will dare to moon anyone in Philly.

Let's hope Brady pulls a repeat of Miami tomorrow.

Ankf00
01-16-05, 03:46 AM
I understand your point... boy it must really suck to win football games... can't think of a worse fate than winning, I tell you what...

dando
01-16-05, 08:55 PM
OK. So 3/4 ain't bad. Hats off to the Pats. That was some all around performance. Can't say the weather was a huge factor, but their D certainly was.

Picks for the Super Bow: Pats vs. Eagles

If Big Ben plays like he did yesterday against the Pats, it'll be a blow out of biblical proportions. The ATL won't hang with the Eagles outside, and the other Mr. Vick (the other meaning of the word BAD) will show up.

-Kevin

Jervis Tetch 1
01-16-05, 09:20 PM
I really ****ing hate Tom Brady and the Pats. But damn they win. :flame:

Dr. Corkski
01-16-05, 10:02 PM
:thumbup: to the Pat's D and running game, they made it so easy that even Craig Krenzel throwing left-handed could have won that game.

Railbird
01-16-05, 10:09 PM
Kudos to Belachick for great game planning.

Nothing for me to whine about, the better team won.

Sean O'Gorman
01-16-05, 11:11 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=7128560846

:rofl:

Ankf00
01-17-05, 02:22 AM
i love it, all the mcnabb haters have turned into vick haters :laugh:

newsflash: they both pwn. get used to it.

Dr. Corkski
01-17-05, 02:31 AM
That's an insult to McNabb. He is far better than a Tim Rattay-level passer.

Ankf00
01-17-05, 02:48 AM
McNabb's always been a pimp, everyone was hating on him up until midway last year though, "he can't pass, he's hyped only cuz he's black" -Rush :laugh:

regardless, Vick's the sickest athlete in the league and he wins. without him the falcons are nowhere near the playoffs. kinda like your raiders, or niners, whichever team it is this week :gomer:

Railbird
01-17-05, 07:54 AM
Don't discount that Atl defense.

Racing Truth
01-17-05, 12:38 PM

:laugh: :laugh: That is freakin' hysterical!

Here's a lesson to all dome teams. You better win homefield throughout, 'cuz they fold in the cold.

nrc
01-17-05, 12:49 PM
McNabb's always been a pimp, everyone was hating on him up until midway last year though, "he can't pass, he's hyped only cuz he's black" -Rush :laugh:

regardless, Vick's the sickest athlete in the league and he wins. without him the falcons are nowhere near the playoffs. kinda like your raiders, or niners, whichever team it is this week :gomer:

Teams like that rarely do well in the playoffs because a good defense can almost always take away that one player.

dando
01-17-05, 01:04 PM
i love it, all the mcnabb haters have turned into vick haters :laugh:

newsflash: they both pwn. get used to it.
Actually I'm agnostic towards both. IMHO, Vick may be the best overall athlete, but McNabb is the better QB. McNabb has proven that this season now that he actually has a reliable #1 WR. Vick is alot like Favre....when he's good, he's great...but when he's off, he's awful.

We'll see how it turns out. Should be an interesting game. Philly by 7.

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-17-05, 01:34 PM
Teams like that rarely do well in the playoffs because a good defense can almost always take away that one player.

the problem with Vick is that he's faster than the spy you put on him, so you're already taking out 1 man from your scheme, and probably 2 if you want to effectively key on him, then your problem becomes Dunn and Price, and if the falcons picked up a true #1 WR, then they'd really be on (providing he keeps developing his accuracy and decision-making)...

If you wanted someone comparably as fast as Vick, you bring in a DB, Vick still runs a 4.3-4.4, and if the DB is the spy Vick forces the D to effectively work out of nickle base, with duckett and dunn you can't sacrifice that much size up front

eags have killer secondary and a linebacking corps of men, they should shut down atl, but Vick with the weapons he has around him is still far from a 1 man team, imo

I still like McNabb better, 'Cuse >> VT :gomer:

Racing Truth
01-19-05, 04:27 PM
It's annoying to quote yourself I realize, but I've given this some more thought.

Here's a lesson to all dome teams. You better win homefield throughout, 'cuz they fold in the cold.

Except that the ATL, unlike most Dome teams, are built to win anywhere. Even sans Vick, their running game is nice. The 'Vikes had success running Sun., but never stuck with it. If the Falcons don't turn it over, they have a great shot.

racer2c
01-19-05, 04:42 PM

Except that the ATL, unlike most Dome teams, are built to win anywhere. ...
:confused: :saywhat:

Racing Truth
01-19-05, 08:13 PM
:confused: :saywhat:

Other than Mike Vick (who could play anywhere) the Falcons don't rely nearly as heavily on speed from the skill positions than, say, the Colts. They would just as soon pound the ball and setup play action for Peerless Price or Crumpler, or just letting Vick be Vick.

Sean O'Gorman
01-19-05, 09:10 PM

Heh, turns out that the person who posted that is a member of the MR2 forum. He is bragging about it over there, posting articles from NYC newspapers and espn.com, and mentioned that eBay suspended his account. :rofl:

Dr. Corkski
01-23-05, 07:11 PM
http://espn-i.starwave.com/media/apphoto/PXS12901232245.jpeg

The way the Philly D played the only chance Atlanta even had was if they started a snowplow in the backfield. Without a running game they had no chance in hell with a left-handed Tim Rattay.