PDA

View Full Version : Can't Edit Old Posts...

Michaelhatesfans
01-14-05, 11:50 AM
Weird, I tried to update something in this thread,
http://www.offcamber.net/forums/showthread.php?t=6448
but I don't get an option to "Edit." Temporary glitch? Not enough coffee on my part? :confused:

RaceGrrl
01-14-05, 12:05 PM
From the looks of your last post, you were able to edit? If not, let us know.

JoeBob
01-14-05, 12:23 PM
One of the bosses can clarify, but if I remember right, you can only edit a post within 30 minutes of when you posted it.

WickerBill
01-14-05, 12:25 PM
You can edit it without the "edited by" for something like 10 minutes. After that, the "edited by" shows up. After the post is, I think, a few days old, you can no longer edit.

That is alterable and is up to the administration to decide....

Michaelhatesfans
01-14-05, 02:46 PM
After the post is, I think, a few days old, you can no longer edit.

That's what I'm running into, I'm not even getting the option (i.e., no "Edit" button). I didn't realize there was a time limit on the edit feature. Not a big deal, I was just surprised - I've never had it come up before. I was just going to update some links that were not directing properly.

mapguy
01-14-05, 03:25 PM
After the post is, I think, a few days old, you can no longer edit.

So if it takes me a few days before I realise what an ass I was then I can't edit it? Normally I can recognize when I'm being an ass pretty quickly. But some days....

RichK
01-14-05, 03:34 PM
So if it takes me a few days before we realise what an ass I was then I can't edit it? Normally I can recognize when I'm being an ass pretty quickly. But some days....

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

devilmaster
01-14-05, 05:57 PM
So if it takes me a few days before I realise what an ass I was then I can't edit it? Normally I can recognize when I'm being an ass pretty quickly. But some days....

Lucky for you, we recognize you right away and just plain ignore it anyways.....

Oh yeah, happy b-day too ;) :D

Steve

Sean O'Gorman
01-14-05, 08:59 PM
mhf,

I believe the time limit was put in so you can't go and delete any drunken posts you might make here. ;)

racer2c
01-14-05, 09:04 PM
mhf,

I believe the time limit was put in so you can't go and delete any drunken posts you might make here. ;)

Unfortunatly! :D

WickerBill
01-14-05, 11:49 PM
It was implemented here by some former moderator who liked the idea of the feature because certain <<people>> at another forum he used to moderate loved to edit their posts days after making them to make the responders look stupid.

Hope you followed all that.

WB

Michaelhatesfans
01-15-05, 03:19 AM
mhf,

I've heard of things like that happening....