Wheel-Nut
01-13-05, 05:03 PM
:laugh:

http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/nascar/14692/

Winston Wolfe
01-13-05, 05:19 PM
now THAT is newsworthy !

From article:
Shige met with us back in October at our shop,” related team co-owner Don Arnold. “At that time, he was taling with several potential owners in the NCTS and examining what it would take to run this series. NASCAR is really where Shige wants to be and we’re very proud to have him on our team.”

Translation:
"Man, I cant believe the $$$ ching TRD is throwing at us to get this knucklehead into one of their trucks!"

(I took the liberty of BOLDING the section above I thought was Most amusing in the article)

You have got to be ****ting me ! :eek: :rofl:

Don Quixote
01-13-05, 06:30 PM
I recall that the Deep Throttle website called him the "human wrecking ball". This is great. :laugh:

devilmaster
01-13-05, 06:31 PM
Deep Throttle has a new chapter! :laugh:

IIRC, wasn't the deep throttle writer an old 7g member?

Steve

cart7
01-13-05, 10:42 PM
“At that time, he was talking with several potential owners in the NCTS and examining what it would take to run this series.

At least a little talent shig :laugh:

I can't wait till the truck race rolls into Gateway this year.
:rofl: I wanna T-shirt, I wanna T-shirt!! :rofl:

I'm going to buy one of the sob's just to pizz off half the corn pickers there. :gomer:

Ed_Severson
01-13-05, 11:37 PM
I'm going to buy one of the sob's just to pizz off half the corn pickers there. :gomer:

Half? :)

JohnHKart
01-14-05, 07:22 AM
My favorite Japanese driver signing with a team statement was from Dale Coyne, in I believe 1996:

"Hiro has shown from time to time the ability to get the job done..." I don't remember the rest of the quote, but that part has always stayed with me...

John

RobGuru
01-14-05, 01:34 PM
I like the name "Shige." Very compelling. How is that pronounced?

Andrew Longman
01-14-05, 01:46 PM
My favorite Japanese driver signing with a team statement was from Dale Coyne, in I believe 1996:

"Hiro has shown from time to time the ability to get the job done..." I don't remember the rest of the quote, but that part has always stayed with me...

John

That too funny

I guess it depends on how you define "job" and "done"

At least Coyne is honest about it.

theunions
01-14-05, 02:21 PM
IIRC, wasn't the deep throttle writer an old 7g member?

Russell Jaslow is on various boards and mailing lists.