Just got this in my email...

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 12, 2005
[snip]
Rahal Letterman Racing announced today the formation of
a partnership with longtime open-wheel racing proponent Menards Home
Improvement Centers and with Johns Manville, a leading manufacturer of
quality building materials, for the entry of Vitor Meira in a
Honda-powered Panoz in the 2005 IRL IndyCar Series championship.

"I am very pleased that we were able to join with John Menard, who has
been a longtime supporter of open-wheel racing and an industry leader
like Johns Manville for our 2005 IRL IndyCar Series effort," said
three-time IndyCar champion Bobby Rahal. "Over the years John has
repeatedly demonstrated his passion for open-wheel racing, and his
support and dedication to the IRL IndyCar Series since its inception is
well-documented."

"Bobby Rahal's commitment to success is also a core value of Menards, we
both share the same principles in racing and in our business," said John
Menard. [snip]

"The opportunity to drive for Bobby Rahal, David Letterman and John
Menard would be a thrill for any driver," said Meira. [snip]

RacinM3
01-12-05, 05:26 PM
Cliff notes, please. If I read that long about something IRL-related, I begin to see spots.

racer2c
01-12-05, 05:27 PM
That's allot of words. Any mention of Danika and if she will be doing anymore guy magazine layouts?

cart7
01-12-05, 05:33 PM
I take it this means the Menard partnership with Panther racing is null? In effect, the IRL loses another car on the grid since Vito.. er veto... I mean Vitor already was slated for the grid. :cry:

Methanolandbrats
01-12-05, 05:36 PM
Those two *******s are a perfect marriage.

rabbit
01-12-05, 05:37 PM
Upon further review, this seems like a natural partnership. From what I hear, Menard's lumber sucks. And, from what I hear, Danica sucks lumber.

pinniped
01-12-05, 05:59 PM
Upon further review, this seems like a natural partnership. From what I hear, Menard's lumber sucks. And, from what I hear, Danica sucks lumber.

Must clean Jamba Juice smoothy off of monitor now... :rofl:

Gnam
01-12-05, 06:06 PM
I thought you were going to point out that Menard's sells tools, and Rahole is a sell out tool.

Ziggy
01-12-05, 06:21 PM
Maybe Menards will cease with the toxic dumping in the great state of Wisconsin . Im sure for a few bucks Bobby will haul a semi load or a dozen to Ohio.

what day is trash day in Northwest Columbus?????

RTKar
01-12-05, 07:45 PM
Johns Manville an industry leader ????.... The only thing they've led is exposing their employees to asbestos causing mesothelioma, a terminal form of cancer...not to mention people who have used their products.... :shakehead

Ziggy
01-12-05, 11:11 PM
Well, the IRL has intorduced more drivers to therapy, so it's a match made in heaven

Industry Leaders, all of them!

chop456
01-13-05, 12:05 AM
Johns Manville an industry leader ????.... The only thing they've led is exposing their employees to asbestos causing mesothelioma, a terminal form of cancer...not to mention people who have used their products.... :shakehead

And dumping it in Lake Michigan, too.

indyfan31
01-13-05, 11:02 AM
All this carping about Rahal, Menard, Vitor and Danica and a not a word about this part: "... in a Honda powered Panoz... "

What's that all about ?

pfc_m_drake
01-13-05, 12:27 PM
All this carping about Rahal, Menard, Vitor and Danica and a not a word about this part: "... in a Honda powered Panoz... "

What's that all about ?
Don Panoz owns the company which produces the G-Force chassis for the IRL. I have occasionally heard them referred to as 'Panoz G-Force chassis'. Apparently they're going to emphasize the Panoz name more from here on out.

indyfan31
01-13-05, 01:19 PM
Don Panoz owns the company which produces the G-Force chassis for the IRL. I have occasionally heard them referred to as 'Panoz G-Force chassis'. Apparently they're going to emphasize the Panoz name more from here on out.
Ah, I see. Thanks. I guess that proves I've totally lost interest.