graduate to Champ Car. Sierra Sierra has taken pride in providing
subsidized rides, and the professional and technical training both on
and off the track, that is necessary to succeed at the highest levels
of motorsport.

Sierra Sierra has run up front in the Atlantic Championship since its
inception, earning seven victories, 17 podiums and seven pole positions
led by drivers Ryan Dalziel, Andrew Ranger, Kyle Krisiloff and Marc
DeVilles.

The Minden, Nevada based team is exploring options for 2005 and beyond.

nrc
01-11-05, 12:16 AM
So is there anyone left? :(

RHR_Fan
01-11-05, 12:27 AM
Wow. That surprised me.

But exploring options for '05...could that mean a possible step up to Champ Car? Good for Champ Car, but not for Atlantic.

~Nicole

Sean O'Gorman
01-11-05, 09:14 AM
:(

Jervis Tetch 1
01-11-05, 10:52 AM
Wow. That surprised me.

But exploring options for '05...could that mean a possible step up to Champ Car? Good for Champ Car, but not for Atlantic.

~Nicole
Hey I love Atlantics as much as anyone, but I'd rather have more teams in Champ Car.

FCYTravis
01-11-05, 12:06 PM
No surprise.

Grand-Am, probably.

This is what happens when your ladder system is broken.

Shank. Lynx. Sierra Sierra. Pacific Coast. Rahole. Who's going to fill the grids in 2005? :(

RichK
01-11-05, 01:41 PM
My guess is Star Mazda. They ran the pro series a few years ago in the old cars.

pchall
01-15-05, 02:44 PM
Time to let the Ralt chassis back in the field?

theunions
01-15-05, 02:46 PM
Shank. Lynx. Sierra Sierra. Pacific Coast. Rahole. Who's going to fill the grids in 2005? :(

Didn't Eric Jensen already commit, along with 4 ChampCar (incl. all Canadian) races? Or did either or both fall through?

FCYTravis
01-15-05, 04:33 PM
OK, Jensen.

Figure one or two from Jensen, two maybe from Polestar? Brooks Associates, are they good for two? One's confirmed from Tonis Kasemets with his own team and he may run one other car with some one-offs, maybe.

So right now the most optimistic count we can make is eight full-time cars. :eek:

FCYTravis
01-18-05, 09:49 PM
I forgot about Cam Binder, last year's C2 champion... last I heard he's trying to put something together for a full season in an 014 with his own team, and there's probably some more C2s we haven't heard about... I'm guessing we'll get some big announcements in the next couple months. :cool:

Jag_Warrior
01-22-05, 01:13 PM
I don't follow the ladders so much anymore. So what's this about?
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns14129.html

Why is a Champ Car team supporting a driver who is certainly destined for the IRL??? Are they bringing the Sierra Sierra Atlantic operation back to life, or is this just a test, and he'll run with another team?

Sean O'Gorman
01-22-05, 06:16 PM
I don't follow the ladders so much anymore. So what's this about?
http://www.grandprix.com/ns/ns14129.html

Why is a Champ Car team supporting a driver who is certainly destined for the IRL??? Are they bringing the Sierra Sierra Atlantic operation back to life, or is this just a test, and he'll run with another team?

Wow, that makes no sense at all, for all parties involved. :saywhat:

Easy
01-23-05, 05:06 AM
The test is a prize for winning the FDNC. RuSport sold their Atlantic cars so they contract Sierra to fulfill the obligation. Marco Andretti is not racing in Atlantics this year, he just announced a Star Mazda program with the former factory team.

theunions
02-02-05, 12:41 PM
One more (in, not out):

BRAZILIAN DRIVER FERNANDO REES JOINS BROOKS ASSOCIATES RACING FOR 2005 TOYOTA ATLANTIC CHAMPIONSHIP

INDIANAPOLIS (February 2, 2005) - Brooks Associates Racing today announced that talented, young Brazilian driver Fernando Rees will compete in a full-season entry with the team for the 2005 Toyota Atlantic Championship Presented by Yokohama.

Rees is a polished 19-year-old who excelled in karting in his home country. In 2002 he competed in the European Formula Renault Championship and in 2003 he ran in the South American Formula 3 series. Last year he served as a test driver for the French ASM team in the F3 Euro Series. Rees will continue his open-wheel development in 2005, joining the Brooks Associates Racing team for the 12-race Toyota Atlantic Championship contested on a mix of ovals, road courses and street circuits.

"I'm really pleased to have Fernando join the team this season," said John Brooks, team owner. "Fernando will be a real asset to our team. We had tested a number of drivers this off-season and he was quick right off the bat. We certainly expect good things from him in 2005."

During testing with the Brooks squad at California's Buttonwillow Raceway recently, Rees demonstrated the poise and speed necessary to excel at the Atlantic level. Brooks plans to continue to work with Rees in upcoming pre-season tests and the Sao Paulo native will make his debut when the 32nd season of the Toyota Atlantic Championship gets underway April 8-10 at the annual Toyota Grand Prix of Long Beach.

"Having run in Europe and South America, I'm excited to come to the U.S. to race," said Rees. "We looked at a number of options and I believe Toyota Atlantic will give me the best opportunity to showcase my abilities and improve my skills."

Brooks Associates Racing is based in Tucson, Arizona and the team is owned by John Brooks, a former Atlantic driver himself who competed in the series from 1992-99. Brooks has fielded Atlantic entries for a variety of rookie drivers in recent years, including Ronnie Bremer, who led the series championship point standings at mid-season in 2004. Drivers Al Unser, Daniel Pappas, Marc Breuers and Stephan Roy have also run with Brooks Associates Racing.

"We've been fortunate to work with such incredible drivers," added Brooks. "We pride ourselves on producing a quality effort and a cost-effective rate in order give drivers a real chance to succeed in motorsports."

"The Brooks Associates Racing team has been a real asset to the Toyota Atlantic Championship and it's been a pleasure to watch as the team continues to grow and contend for the series title under the direction of John Brooks," said Vicki O'Connor, Managing Director for Toyota Atlantic Championship Presented by Yokohama. "We're very happy to welcome Fernando Rees to the Atlantic series this season and I'm sure both he and the Brooks team will provide plenty of excitement in 2005."

The BAR team expects to field at least one more full-season entry in the Toyota Atlantic Championship this season with announcements planned on future drivers in the coming weeks.

FCYTravis
02-02-05, 02:54 PM
This guy is infamous in the sim-racing world for faking his way to world records in NASCAR 2003. :laugh: