PDA

View Full Version : New Social Order

Ankf00
01-10-05, 06:48 PM
I've figured it out. The secret to life is the company dime. I have invented a new kind of bum. A super-bum for the 21st century. A smarter bum, a cleaner bum, a white-collar bum. The art of hobos shall be affected for the rest of time. The key is interviews and site visits. You fly out, get put up in the 4 star downtown, the rental car, 1 day to take a tour of the city with the realtor and the next day to interview, only you don't go home... you comp your lunch, dinner, and drinks, call your friends in town and party the night away only to head off to your next interview on the other side of the country. The possibilities are endless. You could give up your car payments, insurance, mortgage, all the while you're travelling the world. This will make the cover of Time. Kerouac's got nothing on this.

I have declared this thread an OGorman-Free Zone in the name of Public Health.

Sean O'Gorman
01-10-05, 07:02 PM
Is this what you've been reduced to in your effort to reach 2,000 posts? :gomer:

fourrunner
01-10-05, 07:17 PM
You mean you were in town & you didn't call?? ;)

Ankf00
01-10-05, 08:05 PM
TBD

and OGorman's just jealous he won't make the cover of Time. :gomer:

devilmaster
01-10-05, 08:26 PM
I've figured it out. The secret to life is the company dime.

Took you this long?!?

I have invented a new kind of bum. A super-bum for the 21st century. A smarter bum, a cleaner bum, a white-collar bum.

Engineers. Once they finally figure something out, they automatically always think they invented it. :shakehead

The key is interviews and site visits. You fly out, get put up in the 4 star downtown, the rental car, 1 day to take a tour of the city with the realtor and the next day to interview, only you don't go home... you comp your lunch, dinner, and drinks, call your friends in town and party the night away only to head off to your next interview on the other side of the country. The possibilities are endless. You could give up your car payments, insurance, mortgage, all the while you're travelling the world.

Ank, meet Politicians. Politicians meet Ank.

I have declared this thread an OGorman-Free Zone in the name of Public Health.

Do that only if you want less than 10 responses.

Steve

Ankf00
01-10-05, 08:28 PM
so that's why you're a politician ;) how come you didn't tell me this earlier!?! but see, at some point you politicians have to pretend you're doing work. Whereas my 21st Century Bum of the Future shall be free to feign nothing. My Uberbum shall have no facades and cherades to maintain, he shall be a free soul.

devilmaster
01-10-05, 08:35 PM
so that's why you're a politician ;) how come you didn't tell me this earlier!?!

I was too busy visiting cities that had Education Symposiums. I was able to post because I get a free laptop for the duration of my term, and naturally get hotel rooms with DSL lines.

The downside is that you do have constituents, and like any politician will tell you, its never the happy constituents that phone.

;)
Steve

anait
01-10-05, 09:08 PM
I was too busy visiting cities that had Education Symposiums.

So, hey, ever attend one in our snowy capital city?? Or do you stick with close-to-the-center-of-the-universe cities?? ;) :p

Jag_Warrior
01-10-05, 11:27 PM
Another epiphany will hit him when he gets to about 35 and realizes that the corporation is sucking the life out of him.

The Hyatt Regency gets old... if you're living there! :flame:

devilmaster
01-11-05, 04:25 AM
So, hey, ever attend one in our snowy capital city?? Or do you stick with close-to-the-center-of-the-universe cities?? ;) :p

Ya see, before I became a politician, I had a federal government job that did send me once to Winnipeg. Didn't get to see much of it, though, cause it was under water. ;) :D

Steve

nz_climber
01-11-05, 06:09 AM
ank - the key now is to get your schedule to match up with Champ car - then you'll be away laughing :D

Ankf00
01-11-05, 10:25 AM
ank - the key now is to get your schedule to match up with Champ car - then you'll be away laughing :D
Aaron is now going to share the cover of Time with my 21st Century Uberbum. Flying to a champcar venue while tossing darts in the plane at a picture of OGorman.