PDA

View Full Version : LeMans questions

Racing Truth
01-09-05, 06:00 PM
1. Is the Zytek (sp?) going to be competing this year? It showed promise last year and, with a bit more power, could challenge the Audis.

2. Have the driver lineups in Audis remained pretty well intact b/c they were quite stout last year?

3. Have the Prodrive Ferraris been developed anymore? Did well in '03, but didn't do their homework.

Thanks.

rosawendel
01-09-05, 06:06 PM
i have a q to add: has anyone been? it's looking like we may be going this summer (as part of a honeymoon!) what are ticket prices like? do they have walk-up? is walk-up worth it? etc, etc...

Easy
01-10-05, 11:26 AM
1. Is the Zytek (sp?) going to be competing this year? It showed promise last year and, with a bit more power, could challenge the Audis.

2. Have the driver lineups in Audis remained pretty well intact b/c they were quite stout last year?

3. Have the Prodrive Ferraris been developed anymore? Did well in '03, but didn't do their homework.

Thanks.

1. There should be 1 or 2 Zyteks at the 24 Hours.

2. Most (if not all) of them are still contracted to Audi in 2005.

3. No. Prodrive dropped the Ferrari program in favor of the Aston Martin program. The cars will run I believe, but not with Prodrive.

Racing Truth
01-10-05, 12:58 PM
^^Thanks! :thumbup:

I'd forgotten about the Aston Martin deal.

extramundane
01-10-05, 01:43 PM
1. There should be 1 or 2 Zyteks at the 24 Hours.

Specifically 1 (2 if funding is found) from Creation, plus 1 from Jota. Power isn't a problem; reliability is. They'd probably clean up in the 2h45m ALMS races.

2. Most (if not all) of them are still contracted to Audi in 2005

Though not necessarily to drive R8s. I'm sure you'll see some of Kristensen, Capello, & Kaffer at LeMans (probably with Champion, unless the rumored "other" Euro Audi team materializes).

3. No. Prodrive dropped the Ferrari program in favor of the Aston Martin program. The cars will run I believe, but not with Prodrive.

Prodrive is trying to offload them (the Rahal rumor had him purchasing 1 to run until the Aston arrived), but I don't think anyone has taken one yet.

TrueBrit
01-10-05, 02:45 PM
i have a q to add: has anyone been? it's looking like we may be going this summer (as part of a honeymoon!) what are ticket prices like? do they have walk-up? is walk-up worth it? etc, etc...

I went in 1988...Jaguar's first Le Mans win in many, many moons...Tickets prices are a little stiff, especially since the Euro is doing so well, but there are package deals available that have additional goodies thrown in that make it well worthwhile. They do have walk-ups and the GA enclosures can be good fun, just remember that it is a long, long, loooooooooooooong race and wear comfy clothes and shoes...Also make sure to carry a portable radio so that you can listen to Radio LeMans....an absolute essential for any English-speaking fan..