PDA

View Full Version : There's Hope for the Foyt Futility Watch 2005!

pchall
01-09-05, 12:33 PM
Foyt Racing Team Headed for IRL Open Test

A.J. Foyt IV and the Foyt Racing team is preparing to participate in the IndyCar Series open test at Homestead-Miami Speedway which takes place January 18-22. Foyt IV will drive the No. 14 Indy car on the 2.21-mile road course for the first time in his career.

The IndyCar Series will not compete on the Homestead-Miami road course but the test is in preparation for the three left and right turn courses they will compete on this year, which are: a street course in Tampa/St. Petersburg, Fla., Infineon Raceway in California and Watkins Glen International in New York.

Young Foyt’s road course exposure is limited to his SCCA Formula Continental Series experience wherein he won the southwest regional title in 2001.

“I’m really looking forward to racing on the road courses this year,” said the 20-year-old driver. “I know I have a lot to learn there but I think they’ll be a lot of fun to drive.”

Foyt Racing (http://www.foytracing.com/AJFoytIV/index.html)

I suppose it is time for us to all start cruncing those abs so we don't bust a gut when the IRL goes to St. Petersburg!

mexican
01-09-05, 12:40 PM
I feel dirty due to the fact that there is actually something that makes me look forward to the coming .1RL season. :eek:

mapguy
01-09-05, 12:43 PM
Warm up the autoclaves!

I think that it is time to consider buying stock in Dallara.

DaveL
01-09-05, 01:12 PM
IV on a road course after seeing not even able to floor it and steer with any competency?

Oh-my-God.

fourrunner
01-09-05, 01:14 PM
Tony Money has come through again ??

JohnHKart
01-10-05, 03:29 AM
I feel dirty due to the fact that there is actually something that makes me look forward to the coming .1RL season. :eek:

Me too...other than the road courses, Indy and Texas I will continue my ban on watching this crap. 2004 was the first time I dropped out of watching almost the whole season...and I didn't feel one ounce of regret, or that I missed anything at all.

John

Wheel-Nut
01-10-05, 10:50 AM
IV on a road course after seeing not even able to floor it and steer with any competency?

Oh-my-God.

Who knows if they will even make the grid.

A.J. Foyt’s Indy car and NASCAR teams are looking for primary sponsors for the 2005 season. Both teams have acquired some funding on the associate level but the primary sponsorship has proven to be elusive. However, recent developments are boding well for the motorsports legend’s race teams.

“We are currently seeking primary sponsorship for both our IndyCar Series program and our NASCAR program,” said Foyt. “Right now, we are planning to run my son Larry in the NASCAR Craftsman Truck Series if we can land a primary sponsor. We have some financing in place but we really need the primary to carry the deal forward.

“As for the IndyCar Series program, we have some interest from a couple of companies and we should know more after our meetings in the next several weeks. I know Larry would like to run Indy again and we have a lead for an ‘Indy only’ program which could work out very well. I’m very confident that something will come through for both teams.”

http://www.foytracing.com/AJFoyt/index.html

extramundane
01-10-05, 01:45 PM
Warm up the autoclaves!

I think that it is time to consider buying stock in Dallara.

Suddenly, Don Panoz has no worries about how he'll fun the ALMS...