PDA

View Full Version : Toyota Introduces its new 2005 toy....

devilmaster
01-08-05, 07:24 PM
http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20050108/tf105_35700.jpg

http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?ID=110500&hubName=auto_racing

Toyota boss Tsutomu Tomita says the TF105 is "an important step on our way to victory".

Toyota became the first team to publicly unveil their 2005 Formula One challenger at a train station in Barcelona, Spain on Saturday.

"Our ultimate goal is to win in F1, but we know it takes time," said Tomita, whose team is under pressure to perform after three seasons of mediocre results. Toyota's Formula One budget is believed to be second only to Ferrari and they've reportedly spent $1-billion since their debut in 2002.

The TF105 is the first car design overseen by new technical director Mike Gascoyne, who was lured away from Renault last year.

Steve

racer2c
01-08-05, 07:31 PM
Tenth and eleventh place finishes are a thing of the past now! That car has 'ninth place' written all over it!

Sean O'Gorman
01-08-05, 07:34 PM
they should give Penske their rear wings back.

Ankf00
01-08-05, 08:36 PM
they should give Penske their rear wings back.
werd

oddlycalm
01-10-05, 07:07 AM
Actually, I'll be interested to see what they can do this year. They have had an engine from the beginning and they will have proven drivers this year. If Gascoyne gives them a car that works they could get lucky once or twice. I doubt they have the race strategists or the teamwork to put anything consistant together regardless of how good the package turns out to be, but they might have a moment or two.

oc

tllips
01-10-05, 09:24 AM
Actually, I'll be interested to see what they can do this year. They have had an engine from the beginning and they will have proven drivers this year. If Gascoyne gives them a car that works they could get lucky once or twice. I doubt they have the race strategists or the teamwork to put anything consistant together regardless of how good the package turns out to be, but they might have a moment or two.

oc

Do you mean lucky enough to get some points, lucky enough to get on the podium or lucky enough to get the top step?

RTKar
01-10-05, 09:27 AM
Big rear wing...harder for the lapping car to see around..... good idea, it may just work. ;)

j_d
01-13-05, 08:31 AM
Nice wing; did someone lose a bet?