PDA

View Full Version : Phil Spector Murder Case...

JohnHKart
01-08-05, 07:01 AM
Sheesh this guy is about as guilty as they come....(I pretty much thought so anyway) get the lethal injection needle ready.... article below

John

(From: Whittier Daily News)

Witnesses: Spector was shooter

Grand jury transcripts made public

By Associated Press

LOS ANGELES -- Rock music producer Phil Spector initially told police he accidentally shot actress Lana Clarkson, though he has since changed his story to suggest she committed suicide, according to newly released grand jury transcripts.
Alhambra police Officer Beatrice Rodriguez testified before the grand jury that Spector told officers at his home, "What's wrong with you guys? What are you doing? I didn't mean to shoot her. It was an accident.'

Spector, 64, who created rock 'n' roll's "wall of sound' recording technique, is charged with murdering Clarkson at his Alhambra mansion in early 2003. He has pleaded not guilty and is free on $1 million bail. He suggested in a 2003 interview with Esquire magazine that Clarkson, 40, may have shot herself.

The transcripts include testimony from police, women who said they had been previously threatened by Spector, and friends of Clarkson.

"At about 5 a.m. on the morning of February 3rd of 2003, Phillip Spector ... placed a loaded .38-caliber revolver in Lana Clarkson's mouth and pulled the trigger,' Deputy District Attorney Doug Sortino told the grand jury in his opening statement. "The gunshot wound that resulted severed her spine, incapacitated her immediately and caused her to die within moments.'

Spector's chauffeur, Adriano De Souza, told the grand jury about bringing Spector and Clarkson to the producer's mansion and waiting outside in the car well into the early morning hours.

De Souza testified that at 5 a.m. he heard an unusual sound like a pop, got out to look around and then got back into his car. About three minutes later Spector came out a back door holding a gun, he said.

"What did he say,' Sortino asked De Souza.

"I think I killed somebody,' the chauffeur quoted Spector as saying.

De Souza said he also noticed blood on Spector's gun hand.

The witness said he looked into the house and saw Clarkson's legs and then her whole body.

"I asked him, 'What happened, sir,'' De Souza told the grand jury.

The chauffeur said Spector shrugged his shoulders and rolled his eyes while still holding the gun.

De Souza said Spector then told him, "I don't know.'

The grand jury transcripts were released this week after news organizations won a legal battle to unseal them.

Three women testified that Spector, in separate incidents, had acted recklessly and threatened them with a gun. Sortino told grand jurors their testimony demonstrated that Spector was guilty of implied malice, meaning he acted in such an "inherently dangerous' way that he could be responsible for murder.

The most recent incident was at a 1999 holiday party at a Beverly Hills-area home. Deborah Strand told the grand jury that she saw a man she later learned was Spector flicking ash from his cigar on her boyfriend's dog after it jumped on him.

When she told him, "You can leave,' Spector turned around and pointed a gun at her right cheek, she testified.

"He said, 'What are you going to say now?'' she told the grand jury. "He looked at me, and I looked at his bodyguard (who) was standing by the entranceway and I said, 'Get him out of here now.' ... That registered in his head, and he immediately took the gun off of my face, put it away; and in a matter of seconds they left without force. They just walked out, that was it.'

A Superior Court judge said in November that Spector's lawyers failed to show how releasing the grand jury transcripts would prevent a fair jury from being chosen for trial. On Wednesday, an appellate court lifted an order staying release of the documents

RusH
01-08-05, 07:49 AM
As meth..and Brats would say.......

The trigger was part of my finger!..
It~s all OK! :gomer: