PDA

View Full Version : Aces & Eights

Jervis Tetch 1
01-05-05, 04:47 PM
Hey, it's the third consecutive year the Hawkeyes have finished 8th in the AP poll, but I think I can speak for Iowa fans in that we'll take it after the start of the season we had.

Highest ranked Big 10 team. :D If it's still the Big 2 and the Little 8 (9), IOWA's one of the Big 2.

We have one unbelievable coach! He's our Ace. :thumbup:

Easy
01-05-05, 05:33 PM
Ferentz is the new Saban. Every time a premiere coaching position opens he'll be named as a candidate. He's come a long way from the bathroom grafitti I saw at Pappajohn in 2000. (Ferentz sucks, fire his ass)

Let's hope he stays true to his word and all of his kids graduate from City High. That's like 10 more years I think.

Ankf00
01-05-05, 05:59 PM
I don't see Ferentz or his AD stepping down from their positions b/c SMU style allegations came around :gomer:

Classic Apex
01-05-05, 06:40 PM
I don't see Ferentz or his AD stepping down from his position

That's because he (Ferentz) won't. He has stated over-and-over every year when the NFL talk comes up...that he has everything he wants right here in Iowa City. His family is happy, he's happy, he has all the control that he needs and wants...something that would vanish in the NFL. He already knows this because he's already been in the NFL.

Wow Jervis, I hadn't realized we've finished at # 8 for the past 3 seasons! :thumbup:

The future looks very good. I am very confidant in the program under Ferentz...I'm damn glad he's OUR couch.

:cool: :cool: :cool:

http://www.gamedaycentral.com/Iowa/Art/logo.gif

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! For Iowa..."

Ankf00
01-05-05, 06:43 PM
[hint for ericson]that was a lil jab for dando, not Ferentz[/hint for ericson] ;)

Classic Apex
01-05-05, 06:54 PM
[hint for ericson]that was a lil jab for dando, not Ferentz[/hint for ericson] ;)

[hint for ank]No *****, sherlock. That was my jab at the press that re-hashes the same old "Ferentz the leading canidate for (insert any NFL team name here)," story every year.[/hint for ank]

;)

Ankf00
01-05-05, 06:57 PM
noted. :D now back to our regularly scheduled program of mocking OSU's troubles!

Classic Apex
01-05-05, 07:00 PM
now back to our regularly scheduled program of mocking OSU's troubles!

By all means.

:D

dando
01-05-05, 08:22 PM
We have one unbelievable coach! He's our Ace. :thumbup:

Question is when will he bolt for the NFL? He's already been mentioned as having interest in the Brownies coaching job (poor b@stard).

-Kevin

dando
01-05-05, 08:23 PM
noted. :D now back to our regularly scheduled program of mocking OSU's troubles!
Did I mention that the UT game in The Shoe is sold out? :D

-Kevin

Ankf00
01-05-05, 08:25 PM
Did I mention that the UT game in The Shoe is sold out? :D

-Kevin
I'm going to hurt you :mad:

Easy
01-06-05, 11:05 AM
That's because he (Ferentz) won't. He has stated over-and-over every year when the NFL talk comes up...that he has everything he wants right here in Iowa City. His family is happy, he's happy, he has all the control that he needs and wants...something that would vanish in the NFL. He already knows this because he's already been in the NFL.

"FIGHT! FIGHT! FIGHT! For Iowa..."

I want to believe Ferentz, but his hair isn't perfect like Steve Alford's.

Classic Apex
01-06-05, 10:02 PM
For the fellow Hawkeye fans here, and anybody else who may want to watch the spectacular ending of the Capitol One Bowl (Iowa vs. LSU) again...

...Its going to be on ESPN Classics tomorrow night at 7 PM CST.

TiVo is locked and loaded.

IlliniRacer
01-06-05, 11:48 PM

WARNING - ONE MAN FAST BREAK IN ACTION

http://graphics.fansonly.com/photos/schools/ill/galleries/a-mbb-010505/7-lg.jpg

:)

Jervis Tetch 1
01-07-05, 10:49 AM
For the fellow Hawkeye fans here, and anybody else who may want to watch the spectacular ending of the Capitol One Bowl (Iowa vs. LSU) again...

:DI'll be taping it. Girlfriend wants to go to dinner :(
But I'll be watching it over and over. Sure beats having the 86 and 91 Rose Bowl on tape.

Easy
01-07-05, 11:01 AM

Thanks for the heads up, Tivo armed.