PDA

View Full Version : Is "The Truth" going to return?

formulaben
01-05-05, 05:01 AM
Just wondering if Robin Miller will be back with his show this year. Anyone?

It would be great is someone could enlighten him to the wonders of webcasting/podcasting so all us can just download the show and listen at our convenience. I'm sure Cam would be grateful.

SurfaceUnits
01-05-05, 10:56 AM
Someone had mentioned that the radio station has been sold, if I remember correctly. By looking at the web site, doesn't appear that anything has changed yet.

Spicoli
01-05-05, 11:42 AM
The junior Byrd brothers bought the station.

http://www.jonathanbyrds.com/PictureFolder/cafelogo300.jpg

http://www.jonathanbyrds.com/index.1.jpg

'member this dood? Early adaptor to "The Vision" V.1.1.05 :gomer:

Crackforum is all high fivin', thinkin' that they came to the rescue, and will likely "eggspell" that mean old nasty man Robin Miller.

And as a bonus, you can enter their "Eat Free for a year" contest...

http://www.jonathanbyrds.com/PictureFolder/sur352web.jpg

and did you know that this place is

The Largest Cafeteria and Banquet Facility in the World :saywhat:

"Loads" of fun found here. (http://www.jonathanbyrds.com/)

Easy
01-05-05, 11:44 AM
Their website could use some help.

Wally
01-05-05, 02:09 PM
Ok I give up....how many chins does the gomer have?

rabbit
01-05-05, 03:37 PM
Ok I give up....how many chins does the gomer have?
[insert Chinese phone book joke here.] :)

FCYTravis
01-05-05, 03:59 PM
Their website could use some help.

If by "some help" you mean "blowing it up and starting all over again from scratch" then yes, it could use some help. :eek:

Ginny Byrd says: Eat Your Veggies!

Andrew Longman
01-05-05, 04:22 PM
Ginny Byrd says: Eat Your Veggies!

Jonathan looks like he could skip the dessert table and eat a salad or two.

Can't be eating the profits

racer2c
01-05-05, 04:33 PM
Mmmm, Ginny Plate.

Spicoli
01-05-05, 04:57 PM
i thought you maggots would eat that site up. :thumbup:

Doesn't get more gomer than that....fo shizzy. :gomer:

Wabbit
01-05-05, 05:09 PM
Didn't this guy sponsor a Foyt car in the early IRL days?

FCYTravis
01-05-05, 05:15 PM
Actually, he co-owned an entire team - Byrd/Leberle-Treadway Racing, then Byrd-Cunningham Racing, then Byrd-McCormack Racing.

http://www.formulaone.free-online.co.uk/irl/primspon/byrdscafeteria/index.html

Railbird
01-05-05, 07:36 PM
I thought Spicoli had some inside line on this deal, you know, hosting the USGP broadcast and all, give it up beeatch.

fourrunner
01-05-05, 07:46 PM
Of course the semi retarded business acumen of the average TF member would figure that you buy a station to get rid of the people that don't totally agree with you ... but if the show gets ratings, then that would be silly

Of course I'm sure a show with Billy Bob Clumpus teaching you how to have sex with your, sister, first cousin or Barnyard Animal would probably have ratings through the roof, and cause the TF Gang to go Blind with heavy hand action, and would put "The Truth" on permanent hiatus..

Just so long as you go to Byrd's Cafeteria after the fun, but please wash your hands !!

Railbird
01-05-05, 08:06 PM
nice posturing 'runner.

racer2c
01-05-05, 08:26 PM
I vote for Robin to just hang out here and skip all that radio mumbo jumbo. We're his biggest fans. He belongs here among his peeps. :)

Opposite Lock
01-05-05, 08:36 PM
"just spend $16 or more to receive a “ballot” where you can “cast a vote” for yourself to win. The more you come to eat each week, the better your chances are to win!" Ah, :gomer: democracy in action.

And throughout January, Tuesday is Tenderloin Day!

I'd like to hear a remote broadcast of The Truth from here, with Klink and Burkhalter providing commentary on the Ginny special of the day.

dando
01-05-05, 10:10 PM
I wonder if they franchise? That dog just might hunt here in Cbus. :gomer:

-Kevin

fourrunner
01-05-05, 10:22 PM
The Salmon Patties with Creamy Pee Sauce kinda scares me!!

Probably Helio's Favorite though!! ;)

formulaben
01-06-05, 02:53 AM
I'd like to hear a remote broadcast of The Truth from here, with Klink and Burkhalter providing commentary...

That would be nice indeed! Somebody please, just get the word out that he needs to make his radio show
available by modern (and simple) technology (http://www.webtalkguys.com/102304.shtml) if he wishes to grow the fan base. I, for one, can attest to the fact that until Cam was nice enough to host the show, I was unable to become a regular listener. After the fact, I was there EVERY WEEK. Period. Because the Internet made it possible.

Just a suggestion...

Jervis Tetch 1
01-06-05, 05:29 PM
Sorry, don't wanna eat there free for a year, look like the Byrds and end up with more fat and cholesteral soaking up my arteries like the gravy they serve.

No thanks.

Besides, they are I*L shills.

Spicoli
01-06-05, 08:22 PM
I thought Spicoli had some inside line on this deal, you know, hosting the USGP broadcast and all, give it up beeatch.

just cause I called first. :p Jealous? Hater?

i'm into baggin it anyway, the 200 people who would normally listen will be partyin up that night anyway. you could buy a 60 second spot on that show for about 2 lunch tokens and a sack of beef jerky.

The truth is about as popular as a STALE DONUT. And that station is klittle more than a Webelo's merit badge job. You can;t even hear the thing 12 miles from the tower.

its irrelevant, but if Junior and Junior Byrd wanna have at it, let em. :gomer:

[i still like Robin, but the show is way all over the board too often]

RTKar
01-06-05, 09:00 PM
That show was like "Radio Free Europe", it kept up my hopes for tryanny free racing. I hope it comes back.

Cam
01-06-05, 09:36 PM
The truth is about as popular as a STALE DONUT. And that station is klittle more than a Webelo's merit badge job. You can;t even hear the thing 12 miles from the tower.

Wanna inspect my servers weblogs and see how many times it gets downloaded? And I tell ya what! I bet MORE than 1/2 of those are TF lurkers! :gomer: ;)

Railbird
01-06-05, 09:49 PM
Cam's data tells the story, get it on the web where folks can check it out whether they're in the time zone or not.

Don't sweat it Spicoli, after the Major Party Ride you provided to the Petit this last year no one will remember you got stiffed on a radio broadcast.

Spicoli
01-06-05, 10:27 PM
Cam's data tells the story, get it on the web where folks can check it out whether they're in the time zone or not.

Don't sweat it Spicoli, after the Major Party Ride you provided to the Petit this last year no one will remember you got stiffed on a radio broadcast.

well duh. nobody cares if its on that station or not - that's the point. Losing the over the air is no big deal at all.
:gomer:

And let's watch those personal attacks :p

formulaben
01-07-05, 01:39 AM
Wanna inspect my servers weblogs and see how many times it gets downloaded? And I tell ya what! I bet MORE than 1/2 of those are TF lurkers! :gomer: ;)

Yeah, what he said...so EAT IT! :D

Thanks again Cam. No matter how this thing turns out, I will always be grateful for your help. Do you ever get out to the Portland race?

formulaben
03-22-05, 04:16 AM
Anyone have anything new about Robin and a radio show...anyone? :(

Spicoli
03-22-05, 08:29 AM
Anyone have anything new about Robin and a radio show...anyone? :(

no, but ask OldBird. He knows everything, just axe him.
:p