PDA

View Full Version : Bye Michel?

Rob
01-04-05, 10:52 PM
http://jayski.com/busch/busch.htm

Michel Jourdain, Jr., will leave the Champ Car World Series in 2005 to run a full season on the NASCAR Busch Series for ppc Racing. PPC co-owner Greg Pollex told MRN Radio's Sirius Speedway that deals are all but finalized to put Jourdain in one of the team's Fords next season, with veteran Kenny Wallace driving a second entry with sponsorship from Stacker 2.

This really surprises me. The irony is that champ car helped NASCAR get into the Mexican market. I really hope Forsythe finds a way to keep him in the series.

racer2c
01-04-05, 10:56 PM
I'm not surprised, I had a feeling this was going to happen. Someone dig up Christian Fitti's cell # for ol' smiley Jourdain.

Turn7
01-05-05, 12:01 AM
I have a hard time imagining Jourdain in NASCAR. I think he would go over like a sulpher fart in church in the driver announcements at Bristol.

mexican
01-05-05, 12:24 AM
does that mean I have to go join the NASCAR boards now??? :eek:

theunions
01-05-05, 12:50 AM
I missed it, but Robin apparently told Speed News last Sun. that Michel is returning to Bettenhausen/Herdez/HVM - rumor has it primary sponsor (not sure if just for him or Mario too) will be Pemex.

Spicoli
01-05-05, 01:30 AM
Somebody remind me why Jourdain is relevant? :rolleyes:

nrc
01-05-05, 01:42 AM

Because he's a Mexican from Mexico? :D

Tim
01-05-05, 02:00 AM
The Mexico city Busch race is a month before Long Beach. Is it possible the deal is just for that race?

theunions
01-05-05, 04:23 AM
Well something big must've happened over the past few days since Robin spoke...:shakehead

Not one of my personal favorites, nor among the top ten drivers ChampCar should be angling to get or bring back, but still relevant.

pferrf1
01-05-05, 10:14 AM
He'll get the call. I think the Busch race would be a dud without him.

JLMannin
01-05-05, 03:46 PM

His stats in 2002 and 2003 explian his relevance.

GOFAST1
01-05-05, 04:44 PM
Yeah, it's very hard to match all those broken records. Give me a break! For so long he has been in this series. I don't see much that he'll be missed for. Granted he's a nice guy, I wish him well, but bring a couple of A.J's and Sebastien's, and let em rip! That's what I like to see! Furthermore, if the three amigos really wanted him in Champcar, I'm sure things would or will be secured.

racer2c
01-05-05, 04:47 PM
Because he's a Mexican from Mexico? :D

Is he a Mexican or a Mexican't?

Willam
01-05-05, 10:11 PM

Because he brings more than half of the fans for the Monterrey and Mexico City races alone? Because Gigante gives away most of the tickets for the Mexico City race?

Ankf00
01-05-05, 10:32 PM
Is he a Mexican or a Mexican't?
you just had to quote that craptastic movie didn't you? :saywhat: I still have nightmares about my year early advanced screening :cry: 2 hours of my life I'll never get back, kind of like all the time's I've had conversations with OGorman, lost time... :(

racer2c
01-05-05, 11:05 PM
you just had to quote that craptastic movie didn't you? :saywhat: I still have nightmares about my year early advanced screening :cry: 2 hours of my life I'll never get back, kind of like all the time's I've had conversations with OGorman, lost time... :(

What are talkin' 'bout, I made that up! ;)

redmist
01-05-05, 11:19 PM
Because he brings more than half of the fans for the Monterrey and Mexico City races alone? Because Gigante gives away most of the tickets for the Mexico City race?

i thought adrianna fernandez brought in all the mexican fans, wasn't that the big lament last year? while i've always liked jordain and though him a capable driver, he's no world beater. this isn't anywhere near the "sky is falling" scenario some are making it.