PDA

View Full Version : Jerry Nadeau admits his career may be over.

devilmaster
01-04-05, 02:51 PM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_Story.asp?ID=109921

Philadelphia, PA (Sports Network) - Nextel Cup driver Jerry Nadeau told MRN Radio/Sirius that he might never get back in a race car. The former No.01 U.S. Army Chevrolet driver was severely injured in a practice crash at the Richmond International Raceway in May 2003.

"I can't find the fire I used to have," said Nadeau, "and I'm getting sick of waiting for that light switch to turn on in my brain. My doctors say it could take another year for me to get everything back that I'm going to get, and while I feel like I'm getting better every day, I'm starting to face the fact that I might not be able to race for a living anymore."

Steve

NismoZ
01-04-05, 03:45 PM
Yeah, I read that. All it made me think was how much I wanted to see him in CART/ChampCar and how disappointed I was when he joined the line of promising road racers going elsewhere. I will always believe he was a much better driver than he was able to prove in his short stay at "the top." Given the fate of a few of his CRASHCAR contemporaries maybe we should think of him as one of the very lucky ones to be able to retire after an accident such as his.

Ziggy
01-04-05, 05:42 PM
I did'nt even get a T-Shirt

cart7
01-04-05, 05:44 PM
Too bad Steve Park couldn't come to this realization at some point.