PDA

View Full Version : Long Beach gets the word out

Anteater
01-03-05, 09:17 PM
I was delighted to see an ad for the LBGP in the paper yesterday ("SPEED INTO SPRING! CARS. STARS. MUSIC. FUN.)! And it even features a photo of Bourdais driving the McDonald's car. Absolutely no mention of Indy or former drivers. :gomer:

Off-season will be over some day! :thumbup:

racer2c
01-03-05, 09:19 PM
:thumbup:

Those stupid Santa Fe promoters suck.

manic mechanic
01-04-05, 12:55 AM
SoCal AAA is also running an ad in the current "Westways" (member) magazine (page 66) that includes the killer Fri/Sat deal we have enjoyed for years. :thumbup:

The race season may open with the NHRA in Pomona, but I'm REALLY looking forward to the second weekend in April!!!! :D

manic

Dougrun
01-04-05, 01:23 AM
any word on who's playing the concert?

cart7
01-04-05, 10:24 AM
Damn! Another opportunity squandered. Think of the fan connection if they could've got Tony Kanaan and one of his Nunn Racing McDonalds cars. Shoot, who needs some unknown like Bourdais when you can get the Indy Racin league champ in a 4 year old car. :p

Fitti Fan
01-04-05, 01:08 PM
Damn! Another opportunity squandered. Think of the fan connection if they could've got Tony Kanaan and one of his Nunn Racing McDonalds cars. Shoot, who needs some unknown like Bourdais when you can get the Indy Racin league champ in a 4 year old car. :p

Tony who?

ChampcarShark
01-04-05, 05:42 PM

indi who???

Dr. Corkski
01-04-05, 09:38 PM
any word on who's playing the concert?I was wondering about that too. That's what the real racing fans go to see.

Winston Wolfe
01-04-05, 10:02 PM
I was wondering about that too. That's what the real racing fans go to see.

yeah, Cork.... you seem to know all, or most of the "boy bands" who also like racing.... just the F1 types tho', right ?

Or maybe you "hook 'em" Ank, and Sean O can nominate a band, and get a double header so that they can play at the Santa Fe race later in the year !

Tim
01-05-05, 02:01 AM
They'll probably dust off the Goo Goo Dolls one more time. :D

JohnHKart
01-05-05, 05:46 AM
Yeehaaaaaaaaa and I just found out from my bandleader my band is playing in Long Beach that week....I'll be locking down the details later, but hopefully it is the same week.

John

Ankf00
01-05-05, 10:08 AM
Hook 'Em Ank nominates The Killers and Interpol. :cool:

Tim
01-05-05, 12:54 PM
Wow pretty lame Ank. :D You know my problem will be no matter what band it is I will make fun of them.

Anteater
01-05-05, 04:23 PM
Getting back to the original topic, the LBGP's colorful brochure turned up in my mailbox yesterday. A bright spot in a rainy day! :cool: :thumbup:

CARTNUT
01-06-05, 03:16 AM
It's gonna be Ashley Simpson!!!! Yeahhhhhh!!!! :thumbup: ;)

'NUT :gomer:

CART License
01-06-05, 01:03 PM
I’m told the entertainment that weekend is the Rolling Stones with an opening act of the Kenny Brack Band (silly :) season)

CART License
01-06-05, 01:10 PM
This just in….
Due to a horrific accident the Subwoofers will not be joining Kenny at this gig.

Fitti Fan
01-06-05, 11:40 PM
It's gonna be Ashley Simpson!!!! Yeahhhhhh!!!! :thumbup: ;)

'NUT :gomer:

:shakehead

Dave99
01-07-05, 12:01 AM
I sure hope all this rain we're getting is over and done with by April. It'd be nice to have a sunny and warm race weekend for a change.

How 'bout Van Hagar for the concert? They're a local band. Plus, they're used to playing small crowds now.

From one million bucks to play the US Festival back to the Long Beach parking lot for beer money! :cry:

CART License
01-07-05, 02:05 AM
just saw VH at the pond and it was sold out (not just for the beer) Wolf's solo was OK

Dave99
01-08-05, 12:25 AM
Do you feel... dirty?

Repent! Repent! :D

CART License
01-08-05, 05:01 AM
http://www.bantama.com/images/repent.jpg
What leads you to repent?

Three basic motives can change behavior:

1.fear of punishment,
2.desire for reward and
3.love.
If you are training a dog, for example, you might punish it for bad behavior or reward it for good behavior. Punishment works best for some behaviors, and rewards work best for others. But training is more effective if it is reinforced with love. If you befriend the dog, it will obey simply to please you. Obedience from the heart is more pleasing to the pet’s trainer, too.

TravelGal
01-09-05, 08:25 PM
SoCal AAA is also running an ad in the current "Westways" (member) magazine (page 66) that includes the killer Fri/Sat deal we have enjoyed for years. :thumbup:

The race season may open with the NHRA in Pomona, but I'm REALLY looking forward to the second weekend in April!!!! :D

manic

Thanks Manic. I was just about to toss the rag, unread as usual. I can always count on you to keep me in the know!

racin4
01-27-05, 02:20 AM
People, people, no mention of the GREAT JOB ChampCar is doing on the Marketing for the RACE??????????????????

Come on!!!!!

This is a Great Step up for our Beloved Series!

Winston Wolfe
01-27-05, 02:42 AM
Great marketing that Champ Car is doing ???
Dood, check your facts, and check the thread that showed that LBGPA is including a drifting exhibition this year, and see reactions by twenty-somethings "hook 'em Ank" and Dr. "Cork-screwski" for their op ed comments on the viability for that exercise attracting new fans to the "event" that has now become Champcar in the LBC....
The marketing effort that has been put forth is being done by the local promoter which is the LBGPA... they have always done a great job in letting SoCal folks know that the "roar by the shore" the "185 MPH party at the beach" and the 25year, 30year or whatever anniversary it is, event is on the way and oh yeah, it is the Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix..... THEY are the ones that do a great job promoting this, and they should be cloned, and sent out to other markets for "Racing Promo 101" classes for all of the other folks out there who claim to know about race promoting...

Railbird
01-27-05, 06:42 AM
Good thought WW.

The series should be shipping all others in the OWRS promotional loop to Long Beach a week or two in advance for a little schoolin'.

Anteater
02-24-05, 12:04 PM
any word on who's playing the concert?

Pennywise!
http://www.longbeachgp.com/news/2005_02_18.html

racermike
02-24-05, 12:16 PM
Here is lineup for the Celebrity Race ....

Race organizers on Wednesday released the expected field of 21 for the pro/celebrity race. The participants will begin practicing for the event beginning today and continuing through Sunday at Willow Springs International Raceway in Rosamond.

The race roster includes:

•Amanda Beard, seven-time medalist with the U.S. Olympic swim team

•Simon Cowell, "American Idol' judge and author

•Patrick Dempsey, actor, with credits including "Sweet Home Alabama," "Iron Jawed Angels," "Once & Again'

•Michael Irvin, former wide receiver with the Dallas Cowboys, who has three Super Bowl appearances

•Orlando Jones, actor, "Father of the Pride," "Drumline," and "The Replacements'

•John Leguizamo, actor, "Assault on Precinct 13," "Moulin Rouge!" "Ice Age' and "Summer of Sam'

•Malone, recently retired NBA forward, formerly of the Utah Jazz and Los Angeles Lakers

•Misty May, Long Beach-area resident and gold medalist with the U.S. Olympic beach volleyball team

•Meat Loaf, singer

•Dave Mirra, professional BMX rider and 14-time X Games medalist

•Mo'Nique, "Soul Plane," "The Parkers," and "It's Showtime at the Apollo'

•Aaron Piersol, four-time medalist with the U.S. Olympic swim team

•Ingo Rademacher, actor, "General Hospital," "Titans'

•Henry Simmons, "NYPD Blue," "Taxi," and "Are We There Yet?"

•Nicollette Sheridan, actress, "Desperate Housewives," "Knots Landing," and "The Sure Thing'

•Mark Steines, anchor, "Entertainment Tonight'

Also, actor Christopher McDonald of the comedy "Happy Gilmore' will return after winning last year's Toyota Pro/Celebrity Race. McDonald will compete in the pro category along with Ryan Arciero, three-time Baja 1000 champion racer; Matt Scranton, NHRA sport concept car drag racer; and Rhys Millen, GTO Drift Team racer.

Mike Sullivan, a dealer with Toyota of Santa Monica and Toyota of Hollywood, will also race.

http://www.presstelegram.com/Stories/0,1413,204~21474~2728762,00.html

Ankf00
02-24-05, 12:27 PM
Pennywise!
http://www.longbeachgp.com/news/2005_02_18.html
dude! pwnage!

cork, go re-enroll at UCI, I need a place to crash, yo.

Anteater
02-24-05, 12:28 PM
Yikes, I think I'll avoid the front row if I go to the Pennywise concert:
http://launch.yahoo.com/ar-260183-bio--Pennywise

See end of third paragraph! :eek:

Ankf00
02-24-05, 12:40 PM
Great marketing that Champ Car is doing ???
Dood, check your facts, and check the thread that showed that LBGPA is including a drifting exhibition this year, and see reactions by twenty-somethings "hook 'em Ank" and Dr. "Cork-screwski" for their op ed comments on the viability for that exercise attracting new fans to the "event" that has now become Champcar in the LBC....
The marketing effort that has been put forth is being done by the local promoter which is the LBGPA... they have always done a great job in letting SoCal folks know that the "roar by the shore" the "185 MPH party at the beach" and the 25year, 30year or whatever anniversary it is, event is on the way and oh yeah, it is the Toyota Long Beach Grand Prix..... THEY are the ones that do a great job promoting this, and they should be cloned, and sent out to other markets for "Racing Promo 101" classes for all of the other folks out there who claim to know about race promoting...

look, if you want to promote anything in the LBC, and you want to keep it real, you need to bust out the d oh double g. snoop dogg. beetches. :cool: he keeps it, realer.

G.
02-24-05, 12:46 PM
I hope Leguizamo pwns! Or Misty May.

Gnam
02-24-05, 12:57 PM
cork, go re-enroll at UCI, I need a place to crash, yo.
I'd bet there's a ton of Drifting fans at the University of Civics and Integras. :gomer:

Sean O'Gorman
02-24-05, 01:19 PM
I dare someone going to that race to bring a sign that says "KARL TELL YOUR WIFE KOBE SAYS HI" :rofl:

JohnHKart
03-04-05, 08:37 PM
Yeehaaaaaaaaa and I just found out from my bandleader my band is playing in Long Beach that week....I'll be locking down the details later, but hopefully it is the same week.

John

Damn.....No we are in town the week after the race :shakehead Sheesh!

John

Racing Truth
03-05-05, 02:14 PM
I dare someone going to that race to bring a sign that says "KARL TELL YOUR WIFE KOBE SAYS HI" :rofl:

:thumbup: Greatness. :laugh: