PDA

View Full Version : www.carsponsorships.com = scam

Rogue Leader
01-02-05, 06:23 PM
Hey guys put this up wherever you can, while it may be more relevant to the import crowd its still relevant everywhere.

I went to www.carsponsorships.com and I thought hey its free and they don't charge you unless they get you something what do I have to lose? They tell me that they have sponsorships for every type of person from stereo and show cars to full out race cars. I tell them that I run open wheel formula cars, they have race car sponsors they say. So I sign up, don't hear anything for a month and they charge my CC $89. I contact them they say there was a mistake and they apologize and they say there was a mixup and my sponsor packet is being mailed. What did they send me? Vouchers for $650 worth of decals from decalkits.com that I have to mount and photograph on my "car". I advise them this is completely useless to me and I had already told them that I need something thats good for a RACE CAR. They apologize, and tell me that I can discard the decalkits stuff and they will find something better for me.

Here was my mistake, I should have disputed the charge and I woulda been out of the whole thing. Instead I gave their debauchery the benefit of the doubt and allowed them to try and find something else.. They never did, and they also dont return my emails asking for a refund (or any email for that matter), and its beyond the time I can dispute the charge.

Its my own fault for thinking that it could be THAT easy to get money for racing, and my own stupidity for not just disputing the charge and getting out of it. However the company is still a scam and still deserves a nice big **** you for being *******s.

Dave99
01-02-05, 08:02 PM
I went to www.carsponsorships.com and I thought hey its free and they don't charge you unless they get you something what do I have to lose?
They tell me that they have sponsorships for every type of person from stereo and show cars to full out race cars. I tell them that I run open wheel formula cars, they have race car sponsors they say.

{yada yada yada}

Instead I gave their debauchery the benefit of the doubt and allowed them to try and find something else.. They never did, and they also dont return my emails asking for a refund (or any email for that matter), and its beyond the time I can dispute the charge.
Well if they haven't found sponsorship for your race program then they haven't fulfilled their contractual obligation to you. You're in NY... take them to Judge Milliean(?), expose their company for what it is and get your money back. Plus, the judge is hot. You know, in a judicial sort of way. ;)

Rogue Leader
01-02-05, 08:20 PM
Well if they haven't found sponsorship for your race program then they haven't fulfilled their contractual obligation to you. You're in NY... take them to Judge Milliean(?), expose their company for what it is and get your money back. Plus, the judge is hot. You know, in a judicial sort of way. ;)

Its $89 can I really do that???

And somehow I think I would lose anyway because technically they _did_ get me a "sponsorship" however it wasn't really one and was basicaly useless....

JohnHKart
01-02-05, 09:12 PM
hell yeah she's hot...she's Cuban!

John

Sean O'Gorman
01-02-05, 09:31 PM
If it sounds too good to be true...

Rogue Leader
01-03-05, 02:18 AM
If it sounds too good to be true...

Yeah I thought that... but I figured what have I got to lose..

I guess I'm getting desperate thats all, I'm 24 years old and my career in racing is going nowhere fast thanks to the whole lack thereof of funding.

pinniped
01-03-05, 08:33 PM
Yeah I thought that... but I figured what have I got to lose..

I guess I'm getting desperate thats all, I'm 24 years old and my career in racing is going nowhere fast thanks to the whole lack thereof of funding.

Heck, why stop there? I blame lack of funding for everything from my forestalled formula one career (brutally cut short when no one would sponsor my Prelude in parking lot autocross) to the fact that I am not presently stealing all of Flavio Briatore's girlfriends...

Beevis
01-03-05, 11:42 PM
[QUOTE=Rogue Leader]Yeah I thought that... but I figured what have I got to lose..QUOTE]From the looks of it, $89. Sorry you got hosed dude.