PDA

View Full Version : Consistency in an ever-changing world

Racing Truth
12-30-04, 03:46 PM
So I'm watching the 1-hr. highlight show of the V8 Supercar race from Melbourne on SPEED, and what do I see? Well, in the 1 hour, Alex Yoong's name was mentioned 3 times. The first was for the starting lineup, the other two times... he wrecked. Once with track signage on the roof, and another time in the mud.

Good to know some things don't change :laugh: :rofl:

FCYTravis
12-30-04, 03:54 PM
It's a goddamn shame we don't see the entire races... SPEED going down the tubes again.

That was a HELL of a motor car race, that Sandown 500...

Racing Truth
12-30-04, 04:11 PM
It's a goddamn shame we don't see the entire races... SPEED going down the tubes again.

That was a HELL of a motor car race, that Sandown 500...

Agreed. Nice drive by Ambrose. Nice circuit too.

Here's to hoping SPEED can give us 2 hrs. for Bathurst, though I'm not holding my breath

Easy
01-03-05, 11:48 AM

Here's to hoping SPEED can give us 2 hrs. for Bathurst, though I'm not holding my breath

Speed is going to air all these great series (V8s, DTM, etc...) at noon on weekdays then replace them with more NASCAR because the ratings were too low. I got Tivo just for DTM and V8 Supercars. After they finish airing them I think I'll sell it.

Racing Truth
01-05-05, 04:25 PM

Well, SPEED did give 2 hrs. for Bathurst tomorrow.

Steve99
01-06-05, 03:53 PM
If they are going to show these at mid-day during the week, why even bother?

Opposite Lock
01-07-05, 01:06 AM
Well, SPEED did give 2 hrs. for Bathurst tomorrow.

I caught it today. Lots of action. Poor 'roo. Gorgeous course - time to head back there for a spin in the sim.

theunions
01-07-05, 01:56 AM
If they are going to show these at mid-day during the week, why even bother?

So they can pay lip service to those who complain that they don't show anything except NASCAR these days?

nz_climber
01-07-05, 07:02 AM
only 2hours for bathurst!! thats shocking you need to experience in its full 7 hours :eek:

Racing Truth
01-07-05, 02:07 PM
I caught it today. Lots of action. Poor 'roo. Gorgeous course - time to head back there for a spin in the sim.

That was wild. Just hope PETA didn't see that! :rolleyes:

Great stuff though. Great track.

G.
01-07-05, 02:11 PM
That was wild. Just hope PETA didn't see that! :rolleyes:
marsupial get pwned?

Racing Truth
01-07-05, 02:51 PM
marsupial get pwned?

Several cars were climbing the mountain when a kangaroo jumped right in front of Jim Richards in one of the Castrol Holdens. Car was damaged; kangaroo became a rag doll.

Racing Truth
01-07-05, 03:01 PM
only 2hours for bathurst!! thats shocking you need to experience in its full 7 hours :eek:

God, I'd LOVE that, but that's never gonna happen. :(

Racing Truth
01-07-05, 06:07 PM
Oh come on, no other comments on the untimely demise of a kangaroo? :laugh:

Opposite Lock
01-07-05, 06:34 PM
Well, fortunately it wasn't nearly as dissected as Stefan Johansson's deer. But probably just as dead.

Steve99
01-07-05, 06:36 PM
Oh come on, no other comments on the untimely demise of a kangaroo? :laugh:

Perhaps if they didn't show the race while I was at work.