PDA

View Full Version : agr the only team with honda engines

SurfaceUnits
12-28-04, 04:47 PM
There are also some changes being implemented by Honda Performance Development. HPD is nearing completion of their new expanded California facility. Currently employing 110 people, the much larger new facility is expected to have more than 200 workers 100% assigned to the Honda Indy Racing League program.

Today, the castings and forgings for the Honda Indy V8 are created by Ilmor UK and then shipped to Honda's designated builders, Ilmor US and HPD. With Ilmor UK being purchased by Mercedes, Honda wanted to bring everything in house. The transition will take place throughout the 2005 season and by the end of 2005, all casting and forging will be handled by HPD. Ilmor US (Plymouth, MI), will not be a division of Mercedes like Ilmor UK and they will continue to be a Honda designated rebuilder.

Currently HPD assembles the Honda's for Andretti Green Racing, with Ilmor US assembling the engines for all other Honda clients.

Honda is expecting to have 10 full-time teams in 2005 with other teams being added for Indy and potentially other events.

sundaydriver2
12-28-04, 04:55 PM
Honda Sucks.

:gomer:

Ankf00
12-28-04, 04:59 PM
crapwagon boat anchors are The Suck

Sean O'Gorman
12-28-04, 05:01 PM

:shakehead

How the hell do you of all people screw up nerd speak? It should say:

"crapwagon boat anchors = t3h suck"

Ankf00
12-28-04, 05:10 PM
OGorman = t3h wanker :gomer:

pchall
12-28-04, 05:11 PM
Let's see... which version of the Vision™ was it where there were supposed to be not special manufacturer engine programs for just one or a few teams?

Jervis Tetch 1
12-28-04, 05:36 PM
TG's vision is that of (with very kind apologies) Stevie Wonder's.

dando
12-28-04, 06:04 PM
So my question what happens to that facility when The Vision v2.0.0.6 returns to production-based engines? :gomer:

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-28-04, 06:10 PM
then the ricers go earl'ing with their stock w00t 2.0l honduhs veeteks :gomer:

dando
12-28-04, 06:13 PM
then the ricers go earl'ing with their stock w00t 2.0l honduhs veeteks :gomer:
Howevar, Fonda has already made it clear that they don't have a production Vee8, and they don't want a production-based engine spec....

Break out the fiddles everyone!

:gomer:

-Kevin

pinniped
12-28-04, 08:08 PM
Beautiful! Either they piss off Honda and try to keep Chevy around buying engines that Cosworth will hopefully design for them and sell to them for a couple of more years, and also to delay Toyota's total morphing into a regular redneck roots americana nascar fixture...or they stay with real racing engines and lose all but Honda...but in the meantime, they have the Andretti team getting special factory Honda racing engines! Just like uncle clem used to work on under the shade tree...except he didn't work on Hondas, and he wouldn't be able to even if he...nevermind...

I do seem to recall a point a few years back where Honda said though that they weren't even interested in the IRL spec as it was "too restrictive".

pineapple
12-28-04, 08:34 PM
Honda HQ needs to check Robert Clarke's offshore bank accounts. ;)

No way a company is going to go to these lengths to prop up a league of Indiana yojimbos without someone playing fast and loose with the company funds.

Sounds like HonToy has been in cahoots with NASCAR all along: infiltrate and destroy open wheel racing in America on all fronts, and NASCAR is the cheese standing alone at the end.

We haven't just been "gomered" we've been rednecked by oriental proxy.

pinniped
12-28-04, 08:37 PM
Honda HQ needs to check Robert Clarke's offshore bank accounts. ;)

Fine prose indeed! :thumbup:

redmist
12-28-04, 08:59 PM

:D
i might nominate that for "quote of the year"

Spicoli
12-28-04, 10:01 PM

copycat.

Spicoli
12-28-04, 10:03 PM
OGorman = t3h wanker :gomer:

any luck with that GED yet?
:rolleyes:

Ankf00
12-28-04, 11:03 PM
ya, they should be mailing it to me in January, I can't wait :rolleyes:

now now, no need to be pissy b/c I didn't respond to your PM, kind of hard to seeing as your mailbox is FULL :gomer:

SteveH
12-28-04, 11:40 PM
Huck Fonda

Spicoli
12-29-04, 04:02 AM
ya, they should be mailing it to me in January, I can't wait :rolleyes:

now now, no need to be pissy b/c I didn't respond to your PM, kind of hard to seeing as your mailbox is FULL :gomer:

no its not. :gomer:

cart7
12-29-04, 08:59 AM
The Indy Racin League powered by Honda. (until we get sick of the whole thing and take off like Toyo and GM).

I can just imagine the presentation of the 2006 Indianapolis 500 Pace Thing.
A Honda Element with a special Pace thing paint scheme. Flames added to create the illusion of speed! :gomer:

pchall
12-29-04, 11:35 AM
The Indy Racin League powered by Honda. (until we get sick of the whole thing and take off like Toyo and GM).

I can just imagine the presentation of the 2006 Indianapolis 500 Pace Thing.
A Honda Element with a special Pace thing paint scheme. Flames added to create the illusion of speed! :gomer:

How about invisible flames to make it look like an IRL pitstop and 4 inch tips and a 74 Eagle rear wing for the go fast look?

Spicoli
12-29-04, 12:13 PM
How about invisible flames to make it look like an IRL pitstop and 4 inch tips and a 74 Eagle rear wing for the go fast look?

turbine, perhaps? :saywhat:

Ankf00
12-29-04, 03:00 PM
that'd be more apropos on an A-10

trauma1
12-29-04, 04:44 PM
that'd be more apropos on an A-10
it's already deleated, something about the f word :gomer:

Jag_Warrior
01-02-05, 12:55 PM
Ilmor US (Plymouth, MI), will not be a division of Mercedes like Ilmor UK

That's sort of a newsflash to me.

So does this mean the good Cap'n retains his share of Ilmor in the U.S.? About four years ago, the Michigan shop was pretty nice with some fancy-@ss gear. Has it been downsized, or is it still capable of actually producing anything substantial? Anybody know???

Jag_Warrior
01-09-05, 02:43 AM
*bump*

anyone? :confused: