PDA

View Full Version : Formula BMW show on SpeedTV tonight

Gary
12-27-04, 12:35 AM
Excellent show. Excellent series. The entire series is geared towards creating excellent road racers. They provide custom physical training programs for each driver, coaching on everything from driving technique to how to give an interview. Tons of captured data that's uplinked, then studied by the drivers and coaches. First-class hospitality facility at all races, to feed the troops, entertain sponsers, etc. A group drivers meeting after EACH session to review everything that happenned. Support money to all the drivers, plus prize money and championship bonus. On and on.

I was very impressed. No one's ever done anything even close to this. BMW is to be commended. OWRS should hook up even tighter with these folks. They are the future of OW racing.

Looks like it will be repeated on Mon, Jan 24 @ 4:30AM Eastern. Highly recommended, even though you will have to endure one real close-up shot of Bobby Rahal's face.

Ankf00
12-27-04, 12:47 AM
wait, i thought that the future was Fran-Am :rofl:

Sean O'Gorman
12-27-04, 01:17 AM
Wow! Awesome! Spend $200,000 to sponsor a car that races while none of the fans are paying attention, and after a season's worth of racing, you get maybe 43 seconds of exposure on a 30 minute program aired at 11:00 at night the day after Christmas! After seeing something like that, it is amazing that there aren't tons of sponsors knocking down the doors to support young open wheel drivers! :rolleyes:

The only thing I remember from the 10 minutes of that program I saw is that Alexis girl is pretty cute. I'd be honored to be rejected by her. :)

Winston Wolfe
12-27-04, 01:27 AM
Wow! Awesome! Spend $200,000 to sponsor a car that races while none of the fans are paying attention, and after a season's worth of racing, you get maybe 43 seconds of exposure on a 30 minute program aired at 11:00 at night the day after Christmas! After seeing something like that, it is amazing that there aren't tons of sponsors knocking down the doors to support young open wheel drivers! :rolleyes:

The only thing I remember from the 10 minutes of that program I saw is that Alexis girl is pretty cute. I'd be honored to be rejected by her. :)

DOOD, give it time..... with your recent luck with the ladies, I am sure it can happen.... Or you can just ask Cork or Ank for some dating tips and pointers, cuz you just KNOW that those two "Rico Suave's" are just KILLIN' the ladies these days !!!! :rofl:

Re: BMW series.... is it any better than Barber Dodge.... or any other of the lower end "supportr series" in recent years ? :confused:

Ankf00
12-27-04, 01:46 AM
please, Cork makes OGorman look like Kobe, OGorman makes me look like an F1 driver cruising the monaco yacht scene, or like cork + ralf cruising the amsterdam bondage scene :gomer:

Ankf00
12-27-04, 01:52 AM
double

Sean O'Gorman
12-27-04, 04:10 PM
please, Cork makes OGorman look like Kobe

Is that supposed to be good or bad? :saywhat:

Re: BMW series.... is it any better than Barber Dodge.... or any other of the lower end "supportr series" in recent years ? :confused:

Pretty much the same; virtually ineffective in pushing top drivers up the ladder.

Ankf00
12-27-04, 04:38 PM
:rofl: it's good, it's good, how about DC, cork makes you look like DC on Heidi:rofl:

Easy
12-28-04, 11:14 AM

The reward for winning the FBMW championship is a fully funded season of...

FBMW. In Germany.

BDPS did a slightly better job helping the champ move up with the Indy Lights engine lease + the career enhancement bonus which I think peaked around $250k. Neither Star Mazda or the Zetec series offers a specific package for moving up to the next level.