PDA

View Full Version : xmas present

Ankf00
12-22-04, 11:38 PM
I'm getting laid off, yippee. :)

F Sean O'Keefe, and F his bean counting ass. We delievered the highest award score in the history of the contract this past term, after taking on 40% more work, and we get the axe.

but now I get to the present part... this means I'm free to transfer to Dallas or San Fran or Denver before a full year is up, so by Feb 1 I could be a californee hippie :) woohoo! or skiing in Denver!! w00t.

Sean O'Gorman
12-23-04, 12:02 AM
I bet you are losing your job because your boss was tracking what you say online and fired you for making slanderous comments towards "SeanO". :D :rofl:

nrc
12-23-04, 12:29 AM
Been there on the December layoffs, Ank. Sometimes these things work out for the better. On to the next challenge!

Winston Wolfe
12-23-04, 02:24 AM
[QUOTE=Ankf00]I'm getting laid off, yippee. :)
QUOTE]
Dood, how does you get laid off from posting on the internet ?

And do you need a college degree for that job, or just one from any University in Texas ?

Help a brutha out.... enquiring minds want to know ! :gomer:

CARTNUT
12-23-04, 02:54 AM
Ank,

If you do decide to move to CA, look into Turlock! I heard it was really nice! And it's right in the middle of everything! :D

'NUT :gomer:

Ankf00
12-23-04, 04:15 AM
[QUOTE=Ankf00]I'm getting laid off, yippee. :)
QUOTE]
Dood, how does you get laid off from posting on the internet ?

And do you need a college degree for that job, or just one from any University in Texas ?

Help a brutha out.... enquiring minds want to know ! :gomer:
just when I thought no one could be more of a manwhore than OGorman, WW takes the cake ;)

anywho, the stuff i've been working on will fly on STS-114, even if the NASA manwhores are going to switch to a different tile repair system, one involving augering in carbon fibre panels into the shuttle tiles (screwing stuff into glass always worked great... riiiiiiiiight...) and my special creation, the rotating bayonet probe, will be a staple of hardware for all future shuttle flights and space station Expedition crews for decades to come. my little 360 degree rotating probe concoction will be on mars and the moon, i guarantee.

Ankf00
12-23-04, 04:20 AM
I bet you are losing your job because your boss was tracking what you say online and fired you for making slanderous comments towards "SeanO". :D :rofl:

that's called a 15% merit raise dude.

Dr. Corkski
12-23-04, 04:51 AM
Hey it could be worse. You could have a job and still be O'Gorman. :gomer:

KLang
12-23-04, 07:55 AM
Ank, The article in the Houston paper yesterday said that the company that won the contract was expected to pick up most of the people that Lockheed was laying off. Won't you be part of that?

Edit: Here (http://www.chron.com/cs/CDA/ssistory.mpl/space/2959358) is the article.

cart7
12-23-04, 08:59 AM
my little 360 degree rotating probe concoction will be on mars and the moon, i guarantee.

Or at the very least, on the shelf at adult afterhour toy stores everywhere.
:laugh:

Ankf00
12-23-04, 10:11 AM
the secretary in that interview is MILF, haha

as for retention, *maybe*, i dont even have 1 yr of experience, so I'm expecting to get brushed aside

Methanolandbrats
12-23-04, 10:16 AM
I'm getting laid off, yippee. :)

F Sean O'Keefe, and F his bean counting ass. We delievered the highest award score in the history of the contract this past term, after taking on 40% more work, and we get the axe.

but now I get to the present part... this means I'm free to transfer to Dallas or San Fran or Denver before a full year is up, so by Feb 1 I could be a californee hippie :) woohoo! or skiing in Denver!! w00t. Check out Univ of Wisc-Madison, we have a neat space science engineering program, nice place to live too. Don't know if they do the same stuff you do, but there are a bunch of hippies there screwing space stuff together.

KLang
12-23-04, 10:38 AM
as for retention, *maybe*, i dont even have 1 yr of experience, so I'm expecting to get brushed aside

They probably need more workers then managers. You're likely on the lower end of the pay scale at this point so that might actually work to your advantage.

Hope it works out for you. :thumbup:

Ankf00
12-23-04, 10:55 AM
Check out Univ of Wisc-Madison, we have a neat space science engineering program, nice place to live too. Don't know if they do the same stuff you do, but there are a bunch of hippies there screwing space stuff together.

ya, I heard Austin-North is a pretty neat place, bet it'd be fun :)

RacinM3
12-23-04, 11:33 AM
Hey it could be worse. You could have a job and still be O'Gorman.

Hehe.....that's pretty funny.... :)

Ank, didn't you just get that job?

Ankf00
12-23-04, 11:53 AM
Hehe.....that's pretty funny.... :)

Ank, didn't you just get that job?
werd.

and werd.

Wabbit
12-23-04, 12:02 PM
Sorry about your job. I was supposed to get canned last month, but someone decided to wait until after the holidays. Now I should get chopped in Feb.

Turn7
12-23-04, 12:46 PM
Sucks Ank.

Anteater
12-23-04, 08:56 PM
Bummer, Ank! I'll ask Mr. Anteater if anything is available at his place of employment.

Jag_Warrior
12-23-04, 09:43 PM
Bell-Amarillo is ramping up for full V22 production. A military aircraft "Center of Excellence" will be located there. And there'll be hiring throughout the other Centers of Excellence... including those around Dallas-F/W. Just throwing out some ideas to keep you in Texas. But since you like Ole Miss girls so much, let me know and I can hook you up as an engineer in that fine state. It does get chillier than I thought though. Freezing rain there yesterday. To which I thought, Whaddya know, Hell has frozen over. But give Bell some thought. There's a lot of good people over there.

Bad time of the year for this sort of thing. Best of luck, Ank.

Fitti Fan
12-24-04, 12:41 PM
Ank,

If you do decide to move to CA, look into Turlock! I heard it was really nice! And it's right in the middle of everything! :D

'NUT :gomer:

Ha ha ha, at least it's not 1 frigging degree there like this wonderful place.

Calgon, take me home. Or anybody for that matter.

M

pinniped
12-28-04, 08:04 PM
my little 360 degree rotating probe concoction will be on mars and the moon, i guarantee.

:eek:

Ankf00
12-28-04, 11:26 PM
I've been told that the astronauts LOVE the rotating probe dude, it's like a wet dream for them :gomer: big improvement over the old stationary probe ;)

ChampcarShark
12-28-04, 11:59 PM
OK, here I go with my christmas present.

It started in thanksgiving day, I got really sick and had to be taken to the hospital, (we almost lost our jobs since the company I work for lost the contract to the local workforce board), got out on sunday, went back on tuesday because of alergic reactions from the medicine. On wednesday dec 1, we began we a new company on a three month provation, no job security yet, (we can still get laid off in february) Turns out there was a misunderstanding on the insurance comapny and I had to go back to the hospital again because of more medicine allergic reactions. went to the doctor next monday and was rejected because the insurance did not pay the last visit, and unless i came up with 200 dollars to pay for both visits I could not see the doctor.

I am still strugling to settle the insurance deal before the hospital bills start arriving.

On Dec 23 we had a mini storm in our city and I was at my mom's having dinner with all the family, it is usually a 20 min drive but by the time we finished dinner the snow was biginning to pile up, about a half inch of ice (not snow) and 15 mil air blowing and freezing everything at 19 degrees. I made the choice of going home. A two and a half hour drive. But the best present from God is that we got home safe and sound apart from the 127 accidents thqat night.

Man, I thank God for that present.

Tim
12-29-04, 03:50 AM
ya, I heard Austin-North is a pretty neat place, bet it'd be fun :)

You have no idea. I've gotten into so much mischief in this town. It's not so much fun in the winter as all the chicks are covered up. Stay away from Langdon st with the ******* frat losers and you'd have a great time. Stay way from Willy st to avoid any unwanted hippy contact.

I'm moving to Milwaukee but on the UW-M campus. They party a lot harder than Madison so it will be fun.

Ankf00
02-02-05, 11:54 AM
Yesterday was my first day at the new company, talk about a bare-bones outfit...

Houston, peace out.

I'm going to the land of the bimmer and the 8-ball :( Dallas. Where the hair is big, and the fake jugs are bigger. Where if you make 30K you have to front like you have a yacht and lease out the 5 series you can't afford with your downtown loft. Sweeping generalizations I know... But the city is just too fake and too posh in general...

Most of you know I was leaving, but I finally made my decision. Denver won't be able to make a decision for some weeks, and all my other offers are getting impatient, so I finally settled on the biggest hole in Texas short of the Lower Rio Grande Valley. Philly's climate just doesn't do it for me, and DC requires top DoD clearance, and I'm not down with Big Brother... On the brightside it's a good job w/ good people and for only a year. Denver can wait one more year :)

And once I get to the Rockies, I'll probably pull a Ted Kaczynski and never be heard from again ;) Hooray for OC posters when that glorious day does come :gomer:

p.s.: when the second weekend of October rolls around and it's time for my annual fetal position during the okie invasion, at least I'll be a local and won't have to deal with the traffic, yay for me.

theunions
02-02-05, 12:12 PM
I'm going to the land of the bimmer and the 8-ball :( Dallas.

Not to mention both crapwagons and neckcars... :gomer:

I spent an average of one weekend a year in the greater DFW area during school and never felt like I missed much.