PDA

View Full Version : Do you subscribe to a racing related magazine?

Turn7
12-22-04, 09:29 PM
I subscribe to one and don't enjoy it as much as this place.

Check out the link on the FAQ page I just stumbled upon.

http://www.offcamber.net/forums/faq.php?faq=welcome_faq_item#faq_support_faq_item

Methanolandbrats
12-22-04, 10:01 PM
No, they all suck. Occasionally I buy at the newstand, usually just read the rare gem of an article on-site and put the magazine back.

Sean O'Gorman
12-22-04, 10:09 PM
Just SportsCar, and that comes with the SCCA membership I'm only renewing so I can run Nationals and ProSolos in '05. Occasionally I buy Grassroots Motorsports.

People sometimes ask us, "How can I help support Off Camber?" Our answer is to participate: use Off Camber to talk about racing with us and the other Champ car fans here on Off Camber.

Wow, my posts actually support Off Camber? :saywhat: ;)

RacinM3
12-23-04, 12:41 AM
Just made a small contribution to support the cause.

I get Sportscar through the SCCA. I also get 6 months of Grassroots Motorsport each time I get a BMW CCA class win. I think my last one just ran out, so I better get back out there. It's a good magazine.

I really miss On Track magazine.

Michaelhatesfans
12-23-04, 01:42 AM
Not anymore. I still like Autosport, but it costs too much over here.

I really miss On Track magazine.

I hear you! Pity they didn't keep up with the times, and when they finally got a website even it always seemed to be at least two weeks behind. Anyway, the last couple of pages of this folder should bring back some nice memories for you... :cool: (Best viewed on "Normal Size")
http://community.webshots.com/album/233277388wWcApC/1

theunions
12-23-04, 02:08 AM
Except for having Auto Racing Digest for the '85 calendar year, the only subscription I've ever shelled out money for is AutoWeek, July '86-present. I get complimentaries of some of the karting and other mags I occasionally contribute to.

I'm glad I've never paid for subscriptions to Racer, Champ Car, ICR, On Track, R&T, C&D, Motor Trend, WCI, WCS, SportsCar, NSSN, etc., etc...esp. since I'd now be buried under an even larger mountain of decaying paper than I am now. ;)

Ankf00
12-23-04, 03:31 AM
moral of T7's story, donate to OC instead of paying for racing sub's you think are worthless

Turn7
12-23-04, 11:53 AM
Ank,

You must be sykick or sumptin'. :)

I figured I would point that out while the giving attitude was prevalent among us. Who here doesn't get $5 worth of entertainment from this joint every year?

Ankf00
12-23-04, 12:08 PM
funny the things I realize after coming home from the bar at 1:30am :D

cart7
12-23-04, 12:31 PM
Used to subscribe to the old Indycar mag until it went under. Even worked a couple of races giving out freebies for them. The subscription was filled out with Racer. RACER is OK at best. When they started showing an earl slant I dumped them. Otherwise, I no longer get any and only pick one up at the newsstand when there's something of interest.

TKGAngel
12-23-04, 07:54 PM
At home I have a subscription to Racer. I can take it or leave it most months, but I do enjoy deFerran's column.

At work, we have comp subscriptions to NSSN, Nascar Scene and a whole bunch of automotive b2b books (Performance Racing Industry, Aftermarket Business, Import Car, etc).

JohnHKart
12-23-04, 08:07 PM
I've been getting Autoweek the past year....sometimes it's got stuff in it....I can take it or leave it. I still get Motorsports and F1 Racing, they are the only mags worth talking about. I've long since given up on Racer since it's boring and I don't want to read about the IRL. I was with OnTrack for 9 years and was sad to see it go. I was sad the old ChampCar/IndyCar mag folded but I don't really miss it.

John

Anteater
12-23-04, 08:51 PM
RACER is OK at best. When they started showing an earl slant I dumped them.

Ditto! And no more subscriptions for me--I have too much stuff as it is.

spinner26
12-23-04, 08:51 PM
I used to get RACER before it turned TRADER and now only get NSSN. Two years ago at Long Beach they were trying to get team members to talk about it and if you did you got a life time subscription. yeeeeeeee haaa! I did however write them and tell them that one more free delivery of racer/tg/crapwagon, I'd cancel my free subscription.