PDA

View Full Version : What is Speed Channel's problem? (TiVo)

mnkywrch
02-21-03, 10:16 PM
So I have my TiVo.

I'm trying to record Speed News NASCAR Edition when it comes on each Sunday.

Problem is, they don't set the "new episode" flag properly, so I can't setup a proper season pass.

Instead, I have to do a Wishlist with duplicates and delete all the repeat broadcasts.

:o

RPM2Night has the same problem, yet Speed News itself doesn't.

Oh, it wasn't hard to setup the Wishlist for the IRL, what with the lack of qualifying coverage and race re-broadcasts. It's under "IRL Racing".

Cam
02-21-03, 10:43 PM
I prescribe Prozac or some generic here! :D

RaceGrrl
02-21-03, 11:01 PM
Prozac definitely... not the cheap generic. We want to keep Lilly's bottom line healthy. :)

WickerBill
02-21-03, 11:09 PM
I don't think mnky's Prozac prescription is going to add a single cent to Lilly's bottom line.

right mnky?

nrc
02-22-03, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by mnkywrch
RPM2Night has the same problem, yet Speed News itself doesn't.

Heck, if Speed News has proper data now that's an improvement. I had to resort to a manual recording for it before. I've sent complaints to SPEED before with no affect.

Note that CART Pre-Race data has also been historically wrong. It shows up as a "special" so TiVo thinks it doesn't need to record it more than once a month.

cart7
02-22-03, 06:47 AM
What is Speed Channel's problem?

Judging from what I've been watching the last few weeks.

Too Much Nascar! :mad:

RTKar
02-22-03, 10:41 AM
Will there ever be a Speed2 ? Lately it's been nothing but NASCAR trucks. The way things are looking we'll just be trading what we're pre-empted for, trucks instead of golf. :thumdown:

mnkywrch
02-22-03, 02:54 PM
Originally posted by WickerBill
I don't think mnky's Prozac prescription is going to add a single cent to Lilly's bottom line.

right mnky?

You're asking me?

What do I look like - EHS?

:D

mnkywrch
02-22-03, 02:56 PM
First off, WB, I wish we could change the subject, because I wanted to change this to being a TiVo thread.

Originally posted by nrc
Heck, if Speed News has proper data now that's an improvement. I had to resort to a manual recording for it before. I've sent complaints to SPEED before with no affect.

Is it Speed or is it someone else who provides the data to TiVo?

Note that CART Pre-Race data has also been historically wrong. It shows up as a "special" so TiVo thinks it doesn't need to record it more than once a month.

It is?

Looks like another Wishlist...

Has the title historically been "CART Pre-Race"?

JoeBob
02-22-03, 07:18 PM
TiVo's data comes from Tribune Media Services, who get their data from the TV Stations. It probably wouldn't hurt to bug the folks at SPEED to send the Original Air Date info to the info they give TMS.

nrc
02-22-03, 08:29 PM
It is?

Looks like another Wishlist...

Has the title historically been "CART Pre-Race"? [/B]

Yes. You can create a wish list and set it to record all including repeats and it should work fine. Fortunately they don't repeat the pre-race with the race repeats so you won't get a lot of extras.

This is just as well because you don't want any padding on the pre-race show.

Of course DirecTV listings sometimes differ from standalone listings, so YMMV. On my listings SPEED News still won't take a Season Pass. :(

mnkywrch
02-23-03, 11:09 PM
How do you put the "-" in Pre-Race?

nrc
02-23-03, 11:42 PM
How do you put the "-" in Pre-Race?

TiVo treats the "-" like a space. So mine is just a title only Wish List for CART and PRE.

mnkywrch
02-24-03, 07:55 AM
Originally posted by nrc
TiVo treats the "-" like a space. So mine is just a title only Wish List for CART and PRE.

K - I've got that, but of course it can't find any races, so I'm not sure how well it will work.