PDA

View Full Version : Carpentier Completes First IndyCar Test

Hard Driver
12-22-04, 02:12 PM
http://www.speedtv.com/articles/auto/indycar/14456/

How many road courses do they have? That's great he tested on the road course. But 80% of his time will be spent in traffic on ovals with the pedal to the floor. (that would be an interesting statistic, what % of the time during an IRL season is the car floored.)

Jervis Tetch 1
12-22-04, 04:00 PM
I'll bet he's still faster than Mr. Ed and Sam the Sham on the road.

But that's like saying you're the best player on the "B" squad.

KLang
12-22-04, 04:04 PM
“At first I was skeptical about how the IndyCar would perform on a road course,” quipped Carpentier about his Sebring day, “but as soon as I got a feel for the car it proved me wrong.”

I guess the massive koolaid injection worked.

racer2c
12-22-04, 06:42 PM
PC, "When faced with an IndyCar’s specialty, such as Homestead’s oval, the French-Canadian deemed the experience “more exciting than [in] a Champ Car.”"

I'ts one thing to blow smoke up the IRL, it's another to call out Champ Car.

FRANKY
12-23-04, 01:11 PM
PC, "When faced with an IndyCar’s specialty, such as Homestead’s oval, the French-Canadian deemed the experience “more exciting than [in] a Champ Car.”"

I'ts one thing to blow smoke up the IRL, it's another to call out Champ Car.

We all agree. Although I still personally like him he should pass on the B.S.

Methanolandbrats
12-23-04, 01:20 PM
What an *******. There must be a line in the IRL contract that gives them a bonus everytime they badmouth Champcar.

FRANKY
12-23-04, 01:23 PM
What an *******. There must be a line in the IRL contract that gives them a bonus everytime they badmouth Champcar.

It must be rooted in losing his ride to a ride buyer.
:shakehead

KLang
12-23-04, 01:46 PM
I can understand PC being unhappy with Forsythe the way things started out this year but burning the ChampCar bridge is just plain stupid. :thumdown:

I do hope he survives the earl experiance.

NismoZ
12-23-04, 04:38 PM
Did he say he was 2.5 sec. slower than a CC at Sebring test in oval trim, and when set up properly the JRL car would be "just as fast on a road course."? That statement surprised me. If a heavier less powerful car is just as fast...then I guess a million $$$ match race can't be far behind! :laugh:

Rogue Leader
12-23-04, 11:45 PM
So basically hes saying Mazzacane would smoke him!