PDA

View Full Version : Crapwagon commercial

pinniped
12-18-04, 07:03 PM
I was at a sports bar the other night and I noticed that the "3" movie was on the screen on one of the tvs...I was casually watching it when it went to a commercial for the IRL of all things...I dunno if anyone saw it but it was pathetic...for their "big finish" they show a car wrecking and bouncing off the wall and other cars as it travels down a straight...and then for the final piece, it shows a crapwagon getting airborn and flying over the camera car in traffic!

Holy **** I can't believe they're so proud of that kind of "action" that they would put it in their advertisements, kind of like saying "hey all you inbreds, gomers, and fans of gore and death, come watch our horrendously unsafe auto racing which even has FLYING CARS to entertain your beer-stoned selves! No racing knowledge required, we'll keep your interest with multiple car to car accidents!"

I nearly peed, as BiF would say..

dando
12-18-04, 09:15 PM
I was at a sports bar the other night and I noticed that the "3" movie was on the screen on one of the tvs...I was casually watching it when it went to a commercial for the IRL of all things...I dunno if anyone saw it but it was pathetic...for their "big finish" they show a car wrecking and bouncing off the wall and other cars as it travels down a straight...and then for the final piece, it shows a crapwagon getting airborn and flying over the camera car in traffic!

Holy **** I can't believe they're so proud of that kind of "action" that they would put it in their advertisements, kind of like saying "hey all you inbreds, gomers, and fans of gore and death, come watch our horrendously unsafe auto racing which even has FLYING CARS to entertain your beer-stoned selves! No racing knowledge required, we'll keep your interest with multiple car to car accidents!"

I nearly peed, as BiF would say..
I caught it the other night as well. Laffed so hard I almost spewed beer out my nose. :rofl: :shakehead :gomer:

-Kevin

Methanolandbrats
12-18-04, 09:29 PM
FLying cars and multiple car accidents is a blatant appeal to attract NASCAR fans.

skaven
12-18-04, 10:47 PM
Haven't seen the commercial, but I wonder how the drivers feel about their series being advertised with footage of multi-car crashes and flying cars?

They should "boycott" and drive safe and slow(er). I guess that would never happen as most of them still probably have some racer left in them. Still, they can't appreciate that style of marketing.

What an idiotic league trying to sell mayhem and death.

F the .1RL

(off topic - who coined the term ".1RL"?) :confused:

Clown
12-18-04, 11:57 PM
Someone cap it :)

BTW: :rolleyes: @ thread title

Steve99
12-23-04, 04:33 PM

Not sure who, but I think it was either by someone here or at CCF.

Sean O'Gorman
12-23-04, 05:58 PM

The hordes of potential fans who ignore the series, that's who. :D

Spicoli
12-23-04, 06:17 PM
Not sure who, but I think it was either by someone here or at CCF.

I'm absolutely sure it was Spyplanes.

JohnHKart
12-23-04, 07:37 PM
I guess they're proud that flying cars and other things have killed four people, not to mention the long list of injuries and one case of permanent paralysis.

John