PDA

View Full Version : Ticket Sales Sizzling for Edmonton....

devilmaster
12-16-04, 12:47 AM
http://www.tsn.ca/auto_racing/news_story.asp?ID=108175&hubName=auto_racing

Ticket sales for the inaugural Champ Car race in Edmonton have exceeded expectations, according to race organizers.

"The response has been absolutely beyond our wildest imagination," said Edmonton Grand Prix General Manager Greg MacDonald.

"Ticket sales have been great and we haven't even started selling general admission passes yet. The three-day ticket packages have been flying out of here."

MacDonald adds the business community has also stepped up, forcing organizers to more than double the number of available trackside suites.

"We had 40 suites forecast in our original budget but we will have 80 sold by next week," said MacDonald.

Steve

darrylkropp
12-16-04, 12:09 PM
This is good news :) This should not come as a big surprise, however, as Edmonton has well-documented history of pulling off big sporting events like the Commonwealth Games and the World Track and Field Championships. The corporate interest also makes sense, given the booming oil and gas sector in Alberta. ChampCar is a pretty good fit with that sector, I would think.

Andrew Longman
12-16-04, 12:52 PM
OT: I wonder how sales for St Pete are doing. Can't resist looking for comparisons.

TravelGal
12-16-04, 07:15 PM
OT: I wonder how sales for St Pete are doing. Can't resist looking for comparisons.

Ooooh. Good one AL. :thumbup: Has anyone ventured into the mire to find out?

RTKar
12-16-04, 07:54 PM
Must be money not being spent on hockey tickets.... :cool:

ferrarigod
12-18-04, 01:21 AM
Must be money not being spent on hockey tickets.... :cool:

So using that thinking why isn't St. Pete selling tickets?????

I mean Tampa did just win the Cup

:rofl:

RTKar
12-18-04, 02:03 AM
So using that thinking why isn't St. Pete selling tickets?????

I mean Tampa did just win the Cup

:rofl:

I keep forgetting about that race in St Pete.....didn't even consider it....sorry

(BTW, my comment on the hockey ticket money was a tongue in cheek, sort of facetious knock on the morons that run hockey....out of site, out of mind...people will just move on to something else.)

Railbird
12-18-04, 10:32 AM
Ticket sales at St Pete?

More like how long is the line at the Marlboro freebie tent?

Shadow
12-19-04, 12:54 AM
Ticket sales at St Pete?

More like how long is the line at the Marlboro freebie tent?

:D I'll be 30 miles away from the track - just across the Sunshine bridge - and I'll make sure that distance doesn't shrink on race weekend as well. Darned if I'll give TG even a thin dime. I didn't renew my 2001 USGP tickets and will not until he wakes up.