PDA

View Full Version : MarkC interviews Kevin Kalkhoven

trish
12-15-04, 12:24 PM
I hope it's ok to link to this here. http://www.autoracing1.com/MarkC/2004/1215KalkhovenInterview.asp

Thanks Mark. :)

DaveL
12-15-04, 12:40 PM
There were too many, "We are having discussions with possible (whatever) and there will be announcements in the future" answers.

He's asking for time and I'm giving it to him. But seeing some actual announcements will help his cause.

TravelGal
12-15-04, 12:56 PM
I thought it was a good article. You could still see honest confidence and the spots where things are a little weak. We're not quite 20% through the development of their business plan. It's no wonder things are still in flux.

cart7
12-15-04, 12:56 PM
I agree. Too many big announcements have turned out to be less than big. I'll be patient though.

FRANKY
12-15-04, 12:59 PM
Good interview, good questions, and best yet it was free. Thanks Mark. :thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
12-15-04, 01:06 PM
I can see from the "editorials" on the right side of the page that Mark C. is still beating the same dead horses as he was years ago, when his site was still free. :rolleyes:

GOFAST1
12-15-04, 10:07 PM
Good interview. Mark C asked the exact question that every fan is interested in. Good job, and thank you very much! I didn't expect KK to answer any direct questions, because of so many enemies, but behind the scenes planning and maneuvering is huge, and I don't think we know even one percent of it. So far, superb job! I always put my support behind a guy who is a strong business man and doesn't make things happen by blowing off his inheritance. The bottom line: Champcar is doing great. I can't wait for the season to start! As long as they have great racing at top level competition, I don't really care where they race. Merry Christmas to all!

Jervis Tetch 1
12-15-04, 10:19 PM
He's highly optimistic--which is great, but so far my socks haven't been blown off yet.

But I'm highly optimistic too.

Let's get going on this KK!

racer2c
12-15-04, 10:46 PM
MC- The Long Beach Champ Car contract expires after the 2005 event. Many in the IRL have told AutoRacing1.com that they will be in Long Beach in 2006. That appears to be the next big battle with Tony George. Could Champ Car indeed lose its signature event to its arch-rival and if so, can it survive the negative media that will result?

KK- ""There is a possibility that we could," said Kalkhoven, "but we have already been approached to hold another street race in the LA area or Las Vegas on the same day if that were to happen, and we will. I also believe that the Long Beach City Council is 100% behind us, and if there is a change they will not be behind the event and support will wane.""

Man oh man, what a day that would be!

rabbit
12-15-04, 11:16 PM
KK- ""There is a possibility that we could," said Kalkhoven, "but we have already been approached to hold another street race in the LA area or Las Vegas on the same day if that were to happen, and we will. I also believe that the Long Beach City Council is 100% behind us, and if there is a change they will not be behind the event and support will wane.""

Man oh man, what a day that would be!Yeah, TG would get to kill another great U.S. race. :gomer: