PDA

View Full Version : IRL TV show

Ankf00
12-13-04, 11:43 PM
http://www.indystar.com/articles/4/201781-1004-188.html

now THAT is just f'ing sad

Tim
12-13-04, 11:51 PM
Starring Dan Wheldon to be shown on Bravo...

Rob
12-13-04, 11:53 PM
I've got a working title: "Gomer Pile-Up, IMS"

Spicoli
12-14-04, 08:17 AM
At the .1RL, they are known for thinking outside "the box."

A "possible" script for a "possible" pilot, for a "possible" showing on WB? :rolleyes:

Copy of CCWS much (Miami CSI)? What losers. This "non-event", "non-news" is proof that IndyStar is paid shills. :gomer:

Racewriter
12-14-04, 11:33 AM
Since it's fictional, they can have full fields and full grandstands...

dando
12-14-04, 11:39 AM
Copy of CCWS much (Miami CSI)? What losers. This "non-event", "non-news" is proof that IndyStar is paid shills. :gomer:
Wasn't a show like this mentioned back in the C^RT days? I think it was during the Jargon Joe reign.

IMHO, chances that this show will actually be seen OTA: 0%.

-Kevin

DaveL
12-14-04, 12:09 PM
Since it's fictional, they can have full fields and full grandstands...

:thumbup: :gomer:

FRANKY
12-14-04, 12:18 PM
Good idea, but we know what the results would be.

Driven: The Series.

or

The Billy Boat Story

IlliniRacer
12-14-04, 12:24 PM
Great, just great :shakehead

Now, we're losing Jimmy Bly to the IRL too.

:gomer:

CART T. Katz
12-14-04, 02:49 PM
at least we get to keep hummin joe tanto

Al Czervik
12-14-04, 02:55 PM
Script writing 101:

Wife (to spotter husband): Honey, where are the kids?
Spotter husband: Outside, outside, outside.

- or -

Have the re-occurring joke where the driver leaves the gas station w/ the nozzle still in the tank. Gas pump pulls over. Much hillarity ensues...

Methanolandbrats
12-14-04, 02:58 PM
If nobody attends the races, who would watch that crap? Probably get lower ratings than the SpeedTV "reality" show where they follow a hillbilly oval track tard around while he drives his wife to Dennys or walks his dog. Damn fine television.

Jervis Tetch 1
12-14-04, 03:05 PM
I'm sure this show (if it gets off the ground) will be up there with the other great television shows of all time like "My Mother the Car," and "The Kelly Monteith Show."

Dvdb
12-14-04, 04:12 PM
Kelly Monteith???

I'll take obscure references for $50, Alex.

:D

Al Czervik
12-14-04, 04:50 PM
OK, I'll bite:

Who's Kelly Monteith? :gomer:

Wabbit
12-14-04, 04:55 PM
http://www.imdb.com/name/nm0599260/

Apparently someone who's biggest claim to fame was 3 episodes of Love Boat.

Dvdb
12-14-04, 05:21 PM
He was also a comedian in the late 70's/early 80's.

Seems to me I read/heard he moved to London and had a talk show there.

Still, very obscure.

FRANKY
12-14-04, 06:06 PM
http://www.comediansusa.com/standup/kelly-monteith.html

L1P1
12-14-04, 08:06 PM
This sounds like a disaster in the making, but it might have some real potential. With Tivo and all the other ways we're finding to avoid advertising, I think product placement deals are going to get bigger and bigger. And motorsport has opportunities for that in spades.

I hope CART (oops...OWRS) will think along these lines. But Aaron Spelling be damned. What they should be doing is something along the lines of American Chopper/American Hotrod. Imagine being able to watch the thrashing and short tempers and then being able to switch to the race broadcast when it's over.

nrc
12-14-04, 08:21 PM
Seems like once upon a time there was talk of a Champ car backed series in the works but it never got to pilot stage.

dando
12-14-04, 09:27 PM
Seems like once upon a time there was talk of a Champ car backed series in the works but it never got to pilot stage.
Uh, Boss, with all due respect did ya read my post amongst the chaff?

Wasn't a show like this mentioned back in the C^RT days? I think it was during the Jargon Joe reign.

:)

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-14-04, 10:11 PM
but do we get to keep Burt Reynolds?!

nrc
12-14-04, 10:45 PM
Uh, Boss, with all due respect did ya read my post amongst the chaff?

:)

-Kevin

Sorry, missed that. I defer to your earlier uncertainty. :)

Jervis Tetch 1
12-15-04, 11:50 AM
He was also a comedian in the late 70's/early 80's.

Seems to me I read/heard he moved to London and had a talk show there.

Still, very obscure.
Bingo!

Several years ago (we're talking the 70s folks) he was my grandmother's neighbor and I remember him as a kid. Nice fella and he was funny, but that show of his...variety and it didn't last long.

I just picked on Mr. Monteith because of the pop culture of my youth, but as it is it seems even he's too obscure for a good trivia question!

Dvdb
12-15-04, 12:18 PM
And further research indicates Mr. Monteith was born in St. Louis. Never knew that. :)

jcollins28
12-15-04, 10:08 PM
This is one show that will have "jumped the shark" before the pilot even gets filmed! I can see the first episode now.

Dan Wheldon (Brandon) and Danica (Brenda) are twins. Danica is hot for Dan's (her brother) best friend (Sam Hornish). So after the race they meet at the Peach Pit to talk about how they all were lucky to escape the big crash that was caused by the wreckles rebel (Buddy Soul Patch Rice). Danica makes a play for Sam but he rebuffs her because he is more then just friends with her brother! Oh my!!!

IlliniRacer
12-16-04, 01:04 PM
This is one show that will have "jumped the shark" before the pilot even gets filmed! I can see the first episode now.

Dan Wheldon (Brandon) and Danica (Brenda) are twins. Danica is hot for Dan's (her brother) best friend (Sam Hornish). So after the race they meet at the Peach Pit to talk about how they all were lucky to escape the big crash that was caused by the wreckles rebel (Buddy Soul Patch Rice). Danica makes a play for Sam but he rebuffs her because he is more then just friends with her brother! Oh my!!!

... Meanwhile, Helio, feeling chided by Dan, climbs to the top of a fence and refuses to come down. While Dan and Sam attempt to talk him down, a call comes from a very distraught Scott Dixon who tells them that Tomas has been arrested along Sunset Blvd.

lone_groover
12-16-04, 01:17 PM
And further research indicates Mr. Monteith was born in St. Louis. Never knew that. :)

Isn't Robbie Mugheehee from St. Louis too? Since BUD never step up, and Redd Foxx is dead, maybe Kelly Monteith can sponsor him.

Dvdb
12-16-04, 01:36 PM
Isn't Robbie Mugheehee from St. Louis too? Since BUD never step up, and Redd Foxx is dead, maybe Kelly Monteith can sponsor him.

or a consortium of John Goodman, David Sanborn, Michael McDonald and Phyllis Diller??
;)

lone_groover
12-16-04, 01:58 PM
Man, makes for one freaky Justice League!

:D