PDA

View Full Version : news: it's snowing!

rosawendel
12-13-04, 09:56 AM
with apologies to those who have already experienced their first snowfall of the season...

Oh, the first fallen snow of the year…. And how it’s covered on the news…:
<fade in, outdoor shot of light snowfall> “Hey, there, good morning! It’s snowing!. I’m your morning anchor Readin’ Dalines, this is my sidekick Lookin Good, and we’ve got bimboette here with the weather!. Today’s top story: it’s snowing! Let’s get a look at traffic, with your traffic reporter, Notina Copter!”
<Traffic guy> : “It’s snowing! Back to you.”
<Anchor> "Thanks, Notina. Now for a look at the weather. Bimboette?"
<Weather Bimbo> “It’s snowing! here's what it looks like on the map!Back to you.”
<Anchor> “Thanks, Bimbo. Now for Today’s top story. It’s Snowing! We go now to our sacrificial Maninthe Field. Man, What’s the word?”
<Man in the field> "It’s snowing! Looks like snow, and when it falls to the ground, it sticks! In a related story, it’s cold out! (Looks up to see if it’s actually snow, or some sort of freeze-dried bird poop) Yep! Snow! Back to you."
<Anchor> "Thanks, Man, Once again, our top story: It’s snowing! We’ll be right back."

<Fade out, with shot of snow taken from Maninthe Field’s cameraman getting a shot of the white stuff...>

nrc
12-13-04, 12:15 PM
:laugh:

Turn7
12-13-04, 12:18 PM
In a related story to the south......

Dateline Houston; Predictions that the tempature may fall briefly below the freezing mark in the northern suburbs at some point within the next 48 hours was supported this morning with the first flock of geese heard honking overhead. In an almost always true sign of a bonafid ARTIC BLAST, geese are surfing the leading edge of first cold front for the winter.

Back to you in Ohio.

dando
12-13-04, 12:31 PM
Enjoy that foot of the white stuff they predicting in Cleveland. We had a dusting here in CBus @ the end of the AM rush hours. Made for a nasty commute ~9, but it gave me a chance to test out the new Kuhmos in the snow. They did so-so, but my foot may have been a bit heavy. :)

-Kevin

CART T. Katz
12-13-04, 03:34 PM
it's snowing in louisville (it's a few flurries but still give me this moment)!

surprisingly the call for milk and bread hasn't arrived yet... :gomer:

indyfan31
12-13-04, 04:18 PM
In Southern California we got an inch of rain two weekends ago, panic set in briefly causing massive traffic pile-ups. Later, news services on STORM WATCH reported that the streets would probably dry the next day. Order has been restored ... for now. Back to you Louisville.

cartgal
12-13-04, 05:28 PM
ohmygawd! Now I know where all the DC news crews go to train -- Cleveland. Heck, down here, they'll preempt all regular programming for hours at a time while we watch Weather Wonks tell us all about projected amounts, and Meninthe Fields (along with Galsinthe Fields) give us innumerable Pulitzer-Prize quality live feeds and shots of area traffic. Which means ya' could substitute still shots for those live feeds.

sigh. rosawendel, you just gave us a preview of what we have to look forward to down here. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

sadams
12-14-04, 08:43 AM
Yup and because of media consultants all local TV looks exactly the same no matter the market. Male and female anchors chatting with weather bimbett and idoit man/gal inthe field babbling on about 1 inch of freaking snow!!!! :flame:
Hey news flash it's New England we get snow!!!

Beevis
12-14-04, 12:00 PM
Then there is the day before Thanksgiving when we are always told, "The airport is crowded." No *****!

Ankf00
12-14-04, 12:06 PM
Then there is the day before Thanksgiving when we are always told, "The airport is crowded." No *****!
:rofl: my favorite newscast of the year :D