PDA

View Full Version : Even more Champ Car forums - these are OFFICIAL

FCYTravis
12-12-04, 11:51 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Interactive/ForumLogin.asp

Wow... all I can say is they're gonna have a hell of a job keeping away the trolls... I pity their moderators.

KLang
12-13-04, 10:37 AM
Anyone receive their password?

cart7
12-13-04, 10:53 AM
Anyone receive their password?

I haven't. Maybe the guy in charge of that got laid off. :gomer:

Dirty Sanchez
12-13-04, 10:53 AM
Oh... this will be interesting :laugh:

dando
12-13-04, 12:21 PM
I got dibs on the handle Defender. :D

-Kevin

Spicoli
12-13-04, 12:24 PM
I got dibs on the handle Defender. :D

-Kevin

he's already in. :cry:

JLMannin
12-13-04, 12:40 PM
I haven't been e-mailed the password yet, but I registered as Hooter-Morgan.

I'll have to brush up on the proper use of the words malcontent and sychophant and become a padawan learner to a master cable installer. :gomer:

Edit - I forgot that it was a ":" and not a "-", so I registered Hooter:Morgan as well. Still no passwords.

Turn7
12-13-04, 12:48 PM
It took a while for my password to come through but, it did eventually.

JLMannin
12-13-04, 12:54 PM
I got both of my passwords. Took five to ten minutes

KLang
12-13-04, 12:55 PM
It took a while for my password to come through but, it did eventually.

Mine just came through as well.

Sean O'Gorman
12-13-04, 12:58 PM
Mine came through, but it is telling me that it is invalid. :saywhat:

KLang
12-13-04, 01:02 PM

Your reputation preceeds you. :rofl:

Clown
12-13-04, 01:14 PM
Mine came through, but it is telling me that it is invalid. :saywhat:Pre-ban :p :laugh:

dando
12-13-04, 01:32 PM
he's already in. :cry:
Oh well, then pile on! This could be as much fun as seeing him get flogged on the Speed boards. :gomer:

-Kevin

dando
12-13-04, 01:44 PM
Mine worked like a charm. Might be user error. :p

-Kevin

Spicoli
12-13-04, 02:01 PM
Oh well, then pile on! This could be as much fun as seeing him get flogged on the Speed boards. :gomer:

-Kevin

Man was that ever fun.

He got smacked about like a $2 hooker. :gomer:

FRANKY
12-13-04, 02:06 PM
http://www.champcarworldseries.com/Interactive/ForumLogin.asp

Wow... all I can say is they're gonna have a hell of a job keeping away the trolls... I pity their moderators.

So much for layoffs.

fourrunner
12-13-04, 05:59 PM
My password arrived while I was at Work

It'll be a nice board in time! :)

KLang
12-13-04, 06:09 PM
Interesting first day. They just locked down every thread. :eek:

Sean O'Gorman
12-13-04, 06:12 PM
The whole forum has disappeared, apparently. No mention of it on the front page, and the login link from the e-mail doesn't work.

Man I would've loved to see what was posted there today.

racermike
12-13-04, 06:16 PM
Forum is gone, probably for good ... that didnt take long

I am getting a TON of spam from a fake @cart.com email addys after registering for the forum

FCYTravis
12-13-04, 06:21 PM
Those who are logged in apparently can still see the forum... I'm going to try and text-dump all the pages for posterity.

Man, setting up that forum was like throwing gasoline on a campfire... :eek: That **** got ugly FAST.

fourrunner
12-13-04, 06:23 PM
They should have set up a Rules Thread to start right off

That probably would not have worked right off but it would have helped

They have to give it time to settle down ... and learn how to root out the Trackforum & other IRL Jerk Off's !

FCYTravis
12-13-04, 06:24 PM
Well, never mind. Page cannot be found. It's gone.

Managed to make a whole two posts over there before it imploded.

What an impression we all made on the casual fans looking for a place to discuss Champ Car :shakehead

FTG
12-13-04, 06:24 PM
Whoever thought that was a good idea, obviously hasn't spent much time on open wheel racing forums lately.

KLang
12-13-04, 06:28 PM
They will need a moderator with an iron fist to make it work. I wonder what they were trying to do? There is no shortage of forums to talk ChampCar.

fourrunner
Well, never mind. Page cannot be found. It's gone.

Managed to make a whole two posts over there before it imploded.

Bummer Travis .... Hope they give it another chance .... :(

G.
lemme see how bad this looks...

Topic Starter Posts Last Post

Welcome
Welcome to the new, public Champ Car Forum!
1 2 3 4 5 VFX-Josh 81 Dec 13, 2004 4:56 pm
by Yack Attac...

TV Coverage RSRO 6 Dec 13, 2004 4:59 pm
by Yack Attac...

tv argentina esteban 2 Dec 13, 2004 4:59 pm
by ayrtonloco

Crappy Check-In 1 2 3 4 5 GPR 99 Dec 13, 2004 4:58 pm
by ncmlj

Hard Card application form? 1 2 3 zippylady 59 Dec 13, 2004 4:58 pm
by zippylady

Banned Crappy Check-in? 1 2 Pickaxe 26 Dec 13, 2004 4:57 pm
by The Real S...

a CCWS forum first tyrant-a-saurus 8 Dec 13, 2004 4:55 pm
by Invisible ...

How about rumors & titbits too zippylady 3 Dec 13, 2004 4:54 pm
by abes

Moderation aportinga 5 Dec 13, 2004 4:53 pm
by The Real S...

Defender is in the house~!!!!! The Real Spicoli 4 Dec 13, 2004 4:53 pm
by aportinga

Road America in 2005 paulsky 13 Dec 13, 2004 4:49 pm
by Invisible ...

Pit Rules For 2005? Kal 9 Dec 13, 2004 4:48 pm
by Yack Attac...

dive in tyrant-a-saurus 4 Dec 13, 2004 4:48 pm
by CCWSSSS

On Board Starters? Kal 17 Dec 13, 2004 4:40 pm
by Yack Attac...

HEY! SETTLE DOWN! 1 2 champweb 23 Dec 13, 2004 4:35 pm
by fourrunner...

Champ Car Racing CART 15 Dec 13, 2004 4:35 pm
by Snot The M...

Firings Spicoli 17 Dec 13, 2004 3:50 pm
by Starter

TV Package Announced racer2c 12 Dec 13, 2004 3:50 pm
by noquarter

Board's Organization? Kal 16 Dec 13, 2004 3:46 pm
by aportinga

Champ Car 2005 1 2 ChampCarRules 23 Dec 13, 2004 3:42 pm
by Gnam

Open Seats Larkness 4 Dec 13, 2004 12:20 pm
by extramunda...

Christijan Albers to race in the 2005 ChampCar Series? Jeronimo 5 Dec 13, 2004 9:59 am
by MonteCrist...

Zipplady free nude pics - woooot! The Real Spicoli 0

TOPIC ICONS:
Official Topic
Open Topic
Unviewed Topic
New replies in Topic
Closed Topic
MESSAGE ICONS:
Email poster
Reply with post
Edit your post
See user's profile
WHO'S ONLINE:
66healy abes aportinga Atradeus Aussie Champ Car Fan ayrtonloco bkMUhoops Boomer Brickman CaptCrunch CCWSSSS ChampCars4EVER champweb Coniah denith draithby extramundane F-C FCYTravis fly FTG G. gerbil boy gerhard Gnam Gonzo greenie Hatz HoosierAUEagle Ickey Woods Invisible Mode Jagermeister JT Kal KLang Lemming51 Matt foley Metal Head MexMotor mg5904 motomanca Mumbles ncmlj Olsonite Eagle Dude Padre Paul effin' Tracy Phippsapaldi03 racer2c RACERBREN Raiderdean Rick James Roland RSRO RusH Spicoli The Real Spicoli the red baron Turn7 Unfat Yack Attack zippylady zSCbear

fourrunner
12-13-04, 06:32 PM
In the Thread "Settle Down" i pretty much said what I said here ... give it time and it will settle down

BUT they need a way to exclude or weed out the IRL flamers

Spicoli
12-13-04, 06:36 PM
bye bye!

:Wave:

:)

KLang
12-13-04, 06:36 PM
BUT they need a way to exclude or weed out the IRL flamers

Unfortunatly some of the ChampCar fans were a problem as well.

fourrunner
12-13-04, 06:38 PM
Unfortunatly some of the ChampCar fans were a problem as well.

You are right but those are the ones that would have settled down soon enough

When you piss on each other you get really wet & smelly and you eventually need to clean up & dry off! ;)

fourrunner
12-13-04, 06:41 PM
bye bye!

:Wave:

:)

Spicoli ... did you really want to see the site disappear?
or are you just being ironic?

I know you were pissed at the firings, but yours seemed like a legit question to ask in a Champ Car Forum !

FCYTravis
12-13-04, 06:45 PM
I don't have a dog in this hunt and I'm not going to name names or point fingers or lay blame - except to point out that this was a resource for Champ Car fans that we've now apparently squandered in a little under 24 hours.

A resource for fans who weren't on the existing forums, didn't know or care who "McBeesh" is or what the significance of a hard card is or isn't to a couple hundred hard-core fans like ourselves - a resource that could and should have been kept free of the internecine fighting that has plagued us for the last year. It could and should have been neutral ground. Instead, what we got was yet another mother****ing pissing contest.

Why? Why was it necessary? :(

When Champ Car fans take down an official Champ Car forum, there's something not right in this world. I'm saddened and a bit ashamed to be a Champ Car fan right now - we done **** in our own living room this time.

Spicoli
12-13-04, 06:50 PM
Spicoli ... did you really want to see the site disappear?
or are you just being ironic?

I know you were pissed at the firings, but yours seemed like a legit question to ask in a Champ Car Forum !

what's really funny is that you took the whole thing so darn seriously.
:gomer:

fourrunner
12-13-04, 06:51 PM
I'm hoping the moderator over there is just going for some reinforcements!

Can't argue with a thing you say Travis!

FCYTravis
12-13-04, 06:53 PM
If the moderator was just going for reinforcements, I doubt they would have deleted the directory. CCWS.com/Interactive/Forum simply no longer exists. It's probably gone for good.

fourrunner
12-13-04, 06:56 PM
what's really funny is that you took the whole thing so darn seriously.
:gomer:

Actually what's really funny is that me OF ALL PEOPLE would take anything seriously ! but I have my :gomer: moments too apparantly! :eek:

fourrunner
12-13-04, 07:01 PM
If the moderator was just going for reinforcements, I doubt they would have deleted the directory. CCWS.com/Interactive/Forum simply no longer exists. It's probably gone for good.

I'm not that computer savvy !

What a shame though .... They should have been better prepared.... Since a lot of the Champ Car people read the sites, you'd think they'd get the tone and frustration out there and planned accordingly !

RusH
12-13-04, 07:04 PM
IF they return the forum, they should not allow anyone to change their user name on the fly.
Too many kiddies liked that "feature".

oddlycalm
12-13-04, 07:16 PM
12/12/04 Wow, CCWS has a new forum, here's a good chance to try out that EARLsux handle... :cool:

12/13/04 Pfffft.... :eek: RIP :(

oc

mapguy
12-13-04, 07:25 PM
I get page not found...

Dirty Sanchez
12-13-04, 07:28 PM
I registered, but didn't get a chance to post.

The fact that anyone takes this stuff seriously is teh funny. :D

RTKar
12-13-04, 07:35 PM
I get page not found...

...maybe it's by invite only.......Hell, maybe they're having a contest or something.....or maybe the geek running it just got layed off....

FCYTravis
12-13-04, 07:37 PM
The fact that anyone takes this stuff seriously is teh funny. :D
You misspelled teh funnAy.

:laugh:

Amanda B.'s Mom
12-13-04, 08:01 PM
Anyone remember the old Toyota Atlantic Forum? This was in the days before they were an "official subsidiary of CART. The forum was moderated by one of their PR people. There were a lot of posts made by team members, owners and drivers. Everyone played nice then. There was a combination of technical talk and fan talk. It was a fun forum to be a part of.

I agree that CCWS should have anticipated a number of problems within their forum. yes, rules should have been posted. Member names should have been tracked by IP address to prevent multiple user names. But, oh well.

Times have certainly changed.

nissan gtp
12-13-04, 08:10 PM
lack of preparation reaps its reward :p

a view just before the end...

http://img24.exs.cx/img24/2077/ccwsfourmjpg5to.jpg

Ankf00
12-13-04, 08:34 PM
anyone know the time that elapsed between OGorman's logging in and the forum getting nuked?

I bet there's a very strong correlation

Sean O'Gorman
12-13-04, 08:38 PM
I never logged in there you moron. :gomer: :gomer:

FCYTravis
12-13-04, 08:40 PM
Photoshop of the forum page showing Sean O'Gorman as the only logged-in user in 3, 2, 1...

dando
12-13-04, 08:49 PM
I never logged in there you moron. :gomer: :gomer:
You tried. That was enough. :p

-Kevin

Ankf00
12-13-04, 08:50 PM
You tried. That was enough. :p

-Kevin
he broke the servers from the instant he tried to make contact

Dr. Corkski
12-13-04, 09:26 PM
Photoshop of the forum page showing Sean O'Gorman as the only logged-in user in 3, 2, 1...Great thing about O'Gorman is that you don't need to photoshop.

theunions
12-14-04, 02:56 AM
Anyone remember the old Toyota Atlantic Forum? This was in the days before they were an "official subsidiary of CART. The forum was moderated by one of their PR people. There were a lot of posts made by team members, owners and drivers. Everyone played nice then. There was a combination of technical talk and fan talk. It was a fun forum to be a part of.

Sounds a lot like the current Speed World Challenge forum.

cart7
12-14-04, 07:11 AM
:cool: I finally got my password! Now where's the link to that forum, I'm ready to post!! :gomer:

cartgal
12-14-04, 10:36 AM
Well. That was a short-lived fling. Can't even get to the log-in page.

Anyone got any more news/gossip about all this? I need some entertainment for today.... :D

CART T. Katz
12-14-04, 10:42 AM
which begs the question, if they all were going to post there anyway, why would they care that the official forum got shut down if they already have a forum to talk at anyway?

Turn7
12-14-04, 12:08 PM
Anyone got any more news/gossip about all this? I need some entertainment for today.... :D

Well, since you asked.

The folks that run Champcarfanatics/CW were po'ed that Champ Car contacted Champweb to get some technical assistance on an official fan forum. The Champcarfanatics group wanted to be the "official" forum so they basically ruined it for everyone since they weren't the chosen forum or asked to be technically involved.

Don did a good job but, the CCF.com group went in and blatantly masqueraded as people that they have had trouble with in the past and caused havoc to the point that the board had to be shutdown. All in an attempt that would allow them to go back to Champ Car and say see I told you so. We banned those folks long ago and know how to keep peace and you should of asked us to help or just made us the "official" site.

They think they are coy but it is so transparent if you step back and look at the big picture.

:shakehead :thumdown:

Al Czervik
12-14-04, 02:48 PM
Well, since you asked.

The folks that run Champcarfanatics/CW were po'ed that Champ Car contacted Champweb to get some technical assistance on an official fan forum. The Champcarfanatics group wanted to be the "official" forum so they basically ruined it for everyone since they weren't the chosen forum or asked to be technically involved.

Don did a good job but, the CCF.com group went in and blatantly masqueraded as people that they have had trouble with in the past and caused havoc to the point that the board had to be shutdown. All in an attempt that would allow them to go back to Champ Car and say see I told you so. We banned those folks long ago and know how to keep peace and you should of asked us to help or just made us the "official" site.

They think they are coy but it is so transparent if you step back and look at the big picture.

:shakehead :thumdown:

If that is what really went down, then that's pretty whacked out. Dayum.

CART T. Katz
12-14-04, 03:13 PM
exact copy and paste:

what hugenholtzbocht said has some merit. i am a moderator on a colorado avalanche fanboard and i believe it may be the largest one not associated with the team or a broadcast network. the avs also have an official forum which they started two years ago. if the colorado avalanche were so concerned with their fanbase, why not associate themselves with the largest of those forums instead of creating their own forum? the simple answer: they know that they would be able to have more control over their own forums rather than being affiliated with an independant party and really that is the bottom line. by having control over the content, while we may get more interaction with the main players in champcar, we lose some of the things that may bring them here, most likely inside information.

it would only make sense for champcar to be affiliated with this (ccfn) board if and only if they buy it outright.

can you imagine the havoc that would be created if cw was made the official forum?

Steve99
12-14-04, 03:14 PM
Do you have any facts to back that up?

Edit: ^^^ directed to Turn7's post.

pinniped
12-14-04, 03:32 PM
I can't imagine either of those forums being "official." "Don" might have great enthusiasm but I just have a hard time getting past his old posts as UFRacing...

Turn7
12-14-04, 03:49 PM
Do you have any facts to back that up?

Edit: ^^^ directed to Turn7's post.

Facts? I don't know if you can call these facts to back it up but here goes,

FACT: I was informed that "turn7" made posts on the Champ Car forum.

FACT: I didn't, someone posed as me.

FACT: Don was selected to assist with the official forum.

FACT: A call for CCF.COM to become the "official" forum was posted immediately after the Champ Car sight was taken down.

FACT: I was banned from CCF yesterday when I made a post for the first time in a year for a very, very trivial comment which tells me they went , ooops this guy may find out we used his name on ChampCar and say something. We'll just ban him.

So, do I have a signed memorandum admitting to guilt for this silliness? No.

Hopefully you are intelligent enough to see through the charade however.