PDA

View Full Version : bookmark this now doubters.

Spicoli
12-12-04, 10:19 PM
mark my words. yoda is GONE after Indy.

playa was looking for a handout. FAF is toast. patrick gone. d&r by a thread. special ED is fooked. sharpie may just run indy. access is flat. danica won't make it past indy.

sucks to be you TG. :p

sucks worse to be dependser or iglooboy.

Clown
12-12-04, 10:24 PM
Bookmarked :gomer:

nissan gtp
12-12-04, 10:26 PM
dang ! :thumbup: :cool:

F 'em all

fourrunner
12-12-04, 10:36 PM
Merry Friggin Christmas Tony !!

RusH
12-12-04, 10:47 PM
Just one thing.

Can you speed it up a bit? :D

Methanolandbrats
12-12-04, 10:48 PM
:thumbup:

Sean O'Gorman
12-12-04, 10:57 PM
:thumbup: :thumbup:

I think I need to be put into a medically induced coma from now until May, so I can avoid the crappy Cleveland winter, and have something good to wake up to in the spring. :D

nrc
12-12-04, 11:09 PM
Sounds good to me. :thumbup:

devilmaster
12-12-04, 11:29 PM
I think I need to be put into a medically induced coma from now until May, so I can avoid the crappy Cleveland winter, and have something good to wake up to in the spring. :D

Ank said you naturally were....... ;)

Oh yeah, and Spic's news is awesome too....

Steve

FCYTravis
12-12-04, 11:53 PM
Eat a dick, Tony. Couldn't happen to a nicer guy.

Thanks for spreadin' the word, mano! :thumbup:

Winston Wolfe
12-13-04, 12:20 AM
I just LOVE the possibility that FAF is going to truly be F'd.....

Too bad, so sad to hear that he is in the midst of buildling a new shop. :shakehead

However, is it ironic to see that he plans on Motegi and IRL 500 as his only races ? Honda bucks will ensure that they have as many numbers to get the second win at the home field.... heck, they may even give FAF one of them long white scarves, with the funny writing on it, and ask him\ tell him to go after the first place leading TuRD powered, back-breaking, crapwagen, and bang wheels with it, so as to take it out, and enable another pre-manufacturered victory for Honda-power on the holy grounds of the Twin Ring.... y'know, kind of make it a sacrifice in the honor of the better good.

Banzai, FAF !!!! :gomer:

FCYTravis
12-13-04, 12:24 AM
That would jibe with the reports I've heard from PRI.

No IRL presence. None. Nada.

TRD was chockablock with Trucks and Grand-Am. Not a Crapwagon in sight.

Chitowncartfreak
12-13-04, 12:28 AM
This is the first year since 1995 I'm actually looking forward to Indy - but still not for the race itself. Thanks, Spicoli - it's bookmarked.

Ozarkian
12-13-04, 01:25 AM

Good.

Hopefully, Tony will have one lucid moment to realize what's happening right before this train hits him.

Thanks for the info, Spicoli - now I'm lookin' forward to May ...

extramundane
12-13-04, 01:44 AM

playa was looking for a handout. FAF is toast. patrick gone. d&r by a thread. special ED is fooked. sharpie may just run indy. access is flat. danica won't make it past indy.

I dunno, man...you were so off about that layoff thing...

;) :gomer: ;)

Dave99
12-13-04, 03:20 AM
:eek:

This can not be true. I don't see word one about it on TF! J/K! :D

Can't wait for the fallout. May can't get here soon enough. :thumbup:

: Command+D :

cart7
12-13-04, 08:57 AM
but, but, but!!!

[: Insert Turd13 page long drivel here. :]

:gomer:

cart7
12-13-04, 09:59 AM

BTW, any info on how they're getting out of their commitment to the league? I thought they signed on through 2006? :confused:

Rob
12-13-04, 10:13 AM
I bet Wilke won't be copying and pasting this thread.

Spicoli
12-13-04, 11:36 AM
BTW, any info on how they're getting out of their commitment to the league? I thought they signed on through 2006? :confused:

Well, when they pull their funding of the teams they prop up, and we're down to 3 teams (AGR, Rahole, and maybe Eddie the Cheeber) left in the league, there won't be much of a season/series/leage to consider anyhow. Yoda's lawyers will just say: "We've offered our engines to teams but have no takers", and pack their bags and head south to Na$cAR...

My serious guess is that FTG and Baghdad Fred will circle the wagons and retro to 1996 .1RL *version :gomer: 1.3*, with cheap spec cars, run what ya brung, stock block, non-manufacturer supported teams and about a 4-5 race shcedule.

The experiment has failed, too bad it cost us an arm and a leg. FTG just about killed all of OW.

Jervis Tetch 1
12-13-04, 11:54 AM
See, Barnhart is already starting to screw things up!

dando
12-13-04, 12:40 PM
See, Barnhart is already starting to screw things up!

Yup. Itz not FTG's fault...Barnfart has the keys now.

I may hafta stop by Rawhore's shop and dance a jig when this goes down.

-Kevin

pinniped
12-13-04, 01:38 PM
If so, the change of the guard makes perfect sense..."see it didn't happen when tony ran the series" the faithful will proclaim from their trackforum threads...while tony marches off to manage the new NASCAR open wheel division... :gomer:

FRANKY
12-13-04, 01:59 PM

Good balanced D&G. Spicoli covers his bases.

Spicoli
12-13-04, 02:04 PM
Good balanced D&G. Spicoli covers his bases.

dooder:

There was no D&G about ccws. I was/am pissed about their decisions, not the final product. .1RL's "product" has always sucked.

FTG
12-13-04, 06:04 PM
I'd be very surprised if Toyota dropped Ganassi and Penske, Toyota needs them to go to NASCAR.

JoeBob
12-13-04, 06:25 PM
Toyota is already throwing GrandAm Bucks at Ganassi. Roger can have some too, if he wants it.

stroker
12-13-04, 07:16 PM
Assuming Spicoli is correct, that basically leaves us one question--

Is it going to be Honda in the guise of Cosworth supplying engines for the .1RL in '06, or will they go to the new Silver Cup Superspeedway car?

I wish I could do a poll. I'd be interested in the responses...

Racewriter
12-14-04, 11:36 AM
while tony marches off to manage the new NASCAR open wheel division... :gomer:

Nope.

You'll never see Brian France hire Tony George to manage anything bigger than a concession stand at Daytona.

Bank on it.

DaveL
12-14-04, 12:03 PM
You'll never see Brian France hire Tony George to manage anything bigger than a concession stand at Daytona.

And the Dullard will find a way to drive off customers and otherwise screw that up, too.

pinniped
12-14-04, 02:39 PM

Bank on it.

Yeah, that I believe...the Frances if anything have too much business sense for that...I was being facetious...

Racewriter
12-14-04, 02:56 PM
Yeah, that I believe...the Frances if anything have too much business sense for that...I was being facetious...

What's really interesting is to read interviews with Brian. Every now and then, someone tries to compare him to TG (you know, third generation family business, etc.). He is EXTREMELY careful to distance himself and his management style from TG's. In fact, I've talked with one interviewer who said that the actual wording of his responses was even more clear than what got printed.:D

Spicoli
12-15-04, 11:33 AM
Hi Trackforum. :gomer:

Easy
12-15-04, 06:58 PM
Does this mean they're announcing their pull out in 2006 or that they are pulling out with immediate effect? Also, will they provide a towel or just leave a mess?

Imagine this: Toranasuke Takagi, 2007 Daytona 500 winner.