PDA

View Full Version : Will you Attend a Champ Car Race in '05?

racer2c
12-10-04, 05:36 PM
It appears that the Santa Fe race has actually turned old CART fans away from the CCWS. How about you? Will you attend a Champ Car race?

Dirty Sanchez
12-10-04, 05:40 PM
Yep... prolly more than you :gomer:

FCYTravis
12-10-04, 05:40 PM
It's SAN JOSE ferchrissizzlessakes. ;)

Saint Jose, not the Royal City of the Holy Faith.

KLang
12-10-04, 05:41 PM
I intend to make it to at least two races. Vegas for one, and I haven't decided yet on a replacement for RoadAmerica.

trish
12-10-04, 05:42 PM
Where's the maybe option? Anyway, I might go to Vegas again. I'd love to go to Toronto, but I'd need a second driver on hand. Same for Montreal.

trish
12-10-04, 05:43 PM

Saint Jose, not the Royal City of the Holy Faith.
I'm beginning to wonder if he's not doing that on purpose.

FCYTravis
12-10-04, 05:48 PM
He must be a CHAMP CAR HATER, then - by misleading site visitors as to the actual location of the race, he's deviously SABOTAGING the success of the WORLD'S BEST RACE EVAR!!! in San Jose.

:gomer:

Oh, and of course I'll be attending Champ Car races in 2005. Races as in plural, multiple, more than one. Why wouldn't I?

devilmaster
12-10-04, 05:50 PM
I'm the lone 'no' vote at the moment...

Only cause my monies are needed elsewhere.

Steve

G.
12-10-04, 05:54 PM
I am going to try to hit a few, maybe even to the point of meeting some of you bastages (and bithes).

Milwaukee, maybe Cleveland, try Denver, a few others under consideration.

mapguy
12-10-04, 06:01 PM
I'm the lone 'no' vote at the moment...

Only cause my monies are needed elsewhere.

Steve

I'm #3. I can't afford it. Unless CCWS holds a race in Albany, NY with the main straight coming down New Scotland Ave I am SOL.

Sean O'Gorman
12-10-04, 06:08 PM
Argentina, Korea, and San Jose for me.

I'm skipping Cleveland. All the potential for passing, not to mention the convenience of having a 10 mile drive to the track is just too much for me to handle.

:D

carpfan
12-10-04, 06:11 PM
I will be at Portland, had hoped to make another trip to Vancouver, but it looks like I can only afford 1 race next year anyway...

Spicoli
12-10-04, 06:16 PM
Why do you even care?

Ankf00
12-10-04, 06:52 PM
hopefully can make 1 race, vegas or montreal or portland, probably not, Columbus for Ohio State game, and hopefully the Rose Bowl next month, then maybe a spring break trip or something... wtf knows... too much in the air, too little disposeable income *shrug*

Wabbit
12-10-04, 07:20 PM
Maybe...

Depends if my job gets offshored in February, or gets delayed again.

nissan gtp
12-10-04, 07:39 PM
yes :thumbup:

RaceGrrl
12-10-04, 08:33 PM
Yes, Cleveland for sure, maybe Milwaukee and we'd like to get to Vegas for my birthday.

carpfan
12-10-04, 09:32 PM
Why do you even care?

Why wouldnt I?

Sean O'Gorman
12-10-04, 09:33 PM
Why wouldnt I?

I think he was talking to racer2c.

carpfan
12-10-04, 09:35 PM
My bad...nevermind...

cart7
12-10-04, 10:05 PM
Hoping for Milw. this year. Lacking cash to go any further though I love to try for Cleveland.

Ankf00
12-10-04, 10:19 PM
you're being veeeeeeery undude.

Railbird
12-10-04, 10:43 PM
Not as many as I would like to.

Milwaukee and Cleveland are locks, LB and Denver are maybes.

Bring back Gateway and Belle Isle dammit!

Rob
12-10-04, 11:43 PM
Well, I was planning on hitting Road America, but since that appears to be out of the question probably not. I might be able to make it to Portland though if I play my cards right.

fourrunner
12-11-04, 01:18 AM
Definitely one , and probably two .... Not sure where yet

Did Toronto for third time last year, and Laguna Seca for the first time ...

I hate these hard decisions!! :)

Spicoli
12-11-04, 01:21 AM
Not as many as I would like to.

Milwaukee and Cleveland are locks, LB and Denver are maybes.

Bring back Gateway and Belle Isle dammit!

no **** mang.

they want me to be a fang an stoof - gimme a race in i can git too.

manic mechanic
12-11-04, 02:25 AM
I'll be at two that are "currently" on the schedule, and maybe a few more depending upon how short my leash is next year (I got the wife to OK Seca again...IF it happens, and St. Joe is a cheap trip from down here in "El Norte").

You guys that complain about races that are no longer in you backyard need to "sack up". I'm putting in more volunteer time through CCIC than I ever did before, and if I'm called upon to do more I will try to make it happen. :thumbup:

BTW, I lost my home track 13 months ago and will STILL find a way to support the series any way I can.

You got a problem with that, Spiccoli?

Meet me at the track, and we'll discuss it over a beer. :p

Same goes for you, Mr. 'Bird! ;)

manic

Tim
12-11-04, 02:46 AM
Just Milwaukee for me next year. It's going to suck not seeing a champ car turn right in person next season.

Michaelhatesfans
12-11-04, 02:47 AM

Thanks. I thouht I missed a *****load of threads there for a minute! :laugh:

Winston Wolfe
12-11-04, 02:56 AM
I'll be at two that are "currently" on the schedule, and maybe a few more depending upon how short my leash is next year (I got the wife to OK Seca again...IF it happens, and St. Joe is a cheap trip from down here in "El Norte").

You guys that complain about races that are no longer in you backyard need to "sack up". I'm putting in more volunteer time through CCIC than I ever did before, and if I'm called upon to do more I will try to make it happen. :thumbup:

BTW, I lost my home track 13 months ago and will STILL find a way to support the series any way I can.

manic

damn, Manic.... you must have had too many frosty, or room temperature bevvies this evening, talking all crazy like that !!!!!
And do yo'self a favor, Spicoli.... if you are having a beer with MM, then you had better bring your own fork, cuz MM likes his beers like he likes his womem.... thick, and dark, and room temperature....

Winston Wolfe
12-11-04, 02:57 AM
(too many smiles in last post, so I will add them here.... in a certain, particular order.... )
:p :eek: :rofl:

Michaelhatesfans
12-11-04, 03:03 AM
MM likes his beers like he likes his womem.... thick, and dark, and room temperature....
Fussy bugger. Pulse. Just check for a pulse.

:p

Winston Wolfe
12-11-04, 03:04 AM
Fussy bugger. Pulse. Just check for a pulse.

:p

he also loves the screw caps.... at least that is what I heard. :D

Werd.

manic mechanic
12-11-04, 03:05 AM
(too many smiles in last post, so I will add them here.... in a certain, particular order.... )
:p :eek: :rofl:

I've never seen you turn one down when I'm buying 'em, `senor! (the beers, not the women!)

manic

P.S. It 'aint the frosty ones, it's the TQ!!!

More to the topic:

I drove over 800 miles round trip for one race this year, and followed that up with a 500+ mile run 2 weeks later for another. Throw in the 120 mile round-trip (x 3 days) for the closest event to me, and thats almost 1700 road miles to and from ChampCar events (and 1300 miles of it was with the wife).

IMHO, I think I've earned the ground I stand on where this point is concerned.

Michaelhatesfans
12-11-04, 03:06 AM
he also loves the screw caps.... at least that is what I heard. :D
What a man does in the privacy of his own... screw caps, you say?

Spicoli
12-11-04, 09:03 AM

manic

you're all full of hate n stuff.
:shakehead

Nope - what i'm trying to say is that when you want to hang on to, and BUILD a fan base, you have to inject some stability into the series. there are FAR more .1RL races within a days drive for me than CCWS.

- don;t even THINK I'd go to one -

But my point goes back to the identity crisis the series seems to be in.

I'm not that much into ALMS (maybe I should be), EARL is stoopid, and I get the USGP in my backyard, but what else do I get?

Milwaukee, Cleveland, maybe RA, and the rest is a trip on the death tube.

:shrug:

Guess I'll be doiing other things.

btw - how many people that attend, say, Toronto - travel to other races? Just wondering what that percentage is.

losedagrooves
12-11-04, 10:35 AM
Hey Spic . . .I've been to T.O. race every year. Caught the first 4 years in Vancouver as well as all the montreal races so far. My daughter lives just outside Calgary, so will be going to the Edmonton race next year.
and I drink Labatt.

Playersfan
12-11-04, 03:15 PM
btw - how many people that attend, say, Toronto - travel to other races? Just wondering what that percentage is.[/QUOTE]

Spic! I live In St Catharines,Ontario, Toronto is my home race and I've been attending since 96.Long Beach since 97 has been my "other home race" as I have met many friends there and usually trade Canadian back bacon with Manic for beer and bloody Marys.
SO-CAL race fans are great and make me feel at home.This past season I was lucky enough to attend other races at Cleveland,Vancouver,Montreal and Vegas.The same schedule next year with the addition of Edmonton replacing Vancouver.Denver,San Pete and Fontana have also been on my schedule.
I love live Champcar racing and work hard to be able to attend as many events as possible.
There are a bunch of Toronto race fans that I know who travel to many champcar events from Montreal to Mexico city and they are talking about going to the south American races if they happen.
So hop on a car,train or airplane and come and join us at a race and put a smile on your face.Ciao Playersfan :)

Hard Driver
12-11-04, 04:51 PM
Looking to make Montreal. Could be Portland.

anait
12-11-04, 05:19 PM
We're planning for Edmonton. Attended Toronto in 2004, and had a blast. Heheh...mr anait asked today, 'Will we fly to Edmonton?' I replied, 'No, let's save money and drive...and I thought we were taking the whole family?' He got a very deer-in-the-headlights look at that... :laugh: I think he wants another weekend getaway...

...MM likes his beers like he likes his womem.... thick, and dark, and room temperature....

Room temperature?? As opposed to, um, frosty or fevered?? :p ;)

fourrunner
12-11-04, 06:02 PM
Since the North East dried up as a Area for Champ Car to Race it has cost me a small fortune to attend every race I've gone to ... I don't even want to try & add it up, but I'm sure it exceeds $40,000.00 over the years ( I don't do Tents) ;)

I don't mind that though ... I spend the money because I like this series

Playersfan
12-11-04, 06:40 PM
Since the North East dried up as a Area for Champ Car to Race it has cost me a small fortune to attend every race I've gone to ... I don't even want to try & add it up, but I'm sure it exceeds $40,000.00 over the years ( I don't do Tents) ;)

:thumbup: and if I recall correctly from Toronto this year you like the parties too :D playersfan

Ankf00
12-11-04, 06:46 PM
( I don't do Tents) ;)

I don't mind that though ...

oh I'm sure you didn't mind at all, a much better success ratio with the local scenery when saying "lets go back to my room" than "lets go back to my tent" ;)

Dave99
12-11-04, 06:49 PM

4R, come on out to Vegas next year. Not only will you get to see a Champ Car race you'll also have an opportunity to break even on your investment. :thumbup:

Amanda B.'s Mom
12-11-04, 07:45 PM
Guess I will be added to the "no" list, unless there is a race at RA next year. This is the only race I have been to in recent years.

If there was a race in MN, then I might go. But money, expense, other responsibilities at home, and a lack of vacation time will prevent it. This does not mean I do not support the series, but my situation does not allow for extended trips to see races. However after some of the recent CCWS events, I am begining to wonder what is happening here.

Dr. Corkski
12-11-04, 07:55 PM
With Laguna Seca gone perhaps Portland if things work out. Long Beach is also a long shot as of right now.

Sean O'Gorman
12-11-04, 07:58 PM
Come to C-Town. :gomer:

Ankf00
12-11-04, 08:00 PM
Come to C-Town. :gomer:

and have you shoot us upon arrival? no thanks.

Dr. Corkski
12-11-04, 08:09 PM
:thumbup: and if I recall correctly from Toronto this year you like the parties too :D playersfanAs long as Chinese food is not involved. :D

:rofl:

pkvracing12
12-11-04, 08:42 PM
Cleveland, montreal. no hockey so more money for races and im going to michigan international speedway for snowcross and eldora :)

Sean O'Gorman
12-11-04, 08:59 PM

Wait, you are right. We don't need any more of those damn colored in Cleveland. :laugh:

Ankf00
12-11-04, 09:11 PM
folk. it's colored FOLK

fourrunner
12-11-04, 09:24 PM
:thumbup: and if I recall correctly from Toronto this year you like the parties too :D playersfan

I Love the Parties ... Every single one of them ! :)

fourrunner
12-11-04, 09:27 PM
oh I'm sure you didn't mind at all, a much better success ratio with the local scenery when saying "lets go back to my room" than "lets go back to my tent" ;)

AND ... Believe it or not I have better success when I'm staying at the InterContinental than when I'm staying at the Strathcona .... but either way I could be robbed in the morning while I'm in the Shower!! .... That's where the Tent may be the better option! ;)

fourrunner
12-11-04, 09:29 PM
As long as Chinese food is not involved. :D

:rofl:

I'll never live that one down !!! But I'm back on the Chinese Food Wagon now !! :D

fourrunner
12-11-04, 09:31 PM
4R, come on out to Vegas next year. Not only will you get to see a Champ Car race you'll also have an opportunity to break even on your investment. :thumbup:

That May Happen Dave.... Since Laguna is gone I'm searching for an alternative... and Long Beach is to soon for me to leave the Business!

Sorry for so many posts ... I don't know how to batch the replies! :eek:

jonovision_man
12-11-04, 10:11 PM
Toronto and Edmonton.

And the USGP for good measure. :) OK, not Champ Car, but sometimes you get tired of all that access to the drivers and teams and pine for something less accessible. ;)

jono

sundaydriver2
12-12-04, 09:22 PM
Road America, Milwaukee, and Vegas.

Maybe Cleveland if I can convince my wife.

Methanolandbrats
12-12-04, 09:28 PM
Any of you hosers watch SPEED News? RA might be back on in May according to Robin. If so I'm going to RA the same as I have since 82, as well as Milw and maybe Cleveland since Sean is gonna buy me a beer :) If no RA I will be going to zero races.

TRDfan
12-12-04, 11:19 PM
Would love to make Milwaukee again, but my daughter graduates from HS that weekend, so thats a no go.

Lack of RA - big bummer.

Thought about Portland, brother lives there, but this race is when his wife will be about 8 1/2 months pregnant - so that appears out.

Planning a late June trip to DC so Cleveland might be something to work into the trip.

Long shot - Vegas to see Champ Cars and Craftsman Trucks in one night.

To sum up - I dunno !!!!

Classic Apex
12-12-04, 11:34 PM
Would love to make Milwaukee again, but my daughter graduates from HS that weekend, so thats a no go.

Bummer. (Great for your daughter though)

Am I going to have to supply my own Krispy Kreme's this year?

:D

mueber
12-13-04, 08:43 AM
Cleveland for sure; Road America if it happens.

Racing Truth
12-13-04, 03:38 PM
folk. it's colored FOLK
:laugh: :laugh:

I have to laugh b/c, God bless him, my 85-yr. old grandfather talks just like that. Everyone has tried to tell him otherwise, but with that generation, its hard to do. All discussion was ended when he claimed he "read it somewhere" that "they like to be called that." :laugh:

Don't get me wrong, I love my grandfather. Other than my own mother, he has the most integrity of anyone I know. When he passes (still a ways off, since he is so active), it will be a great loss.

BTW: Cleveland for me.

JLMannin
12-13-04, 03:48 PM
I'm no #9, for the already mentioned reasons: lack of discretionary income and no scheduled race at RA

CART T. Katz
12-13-04, 03:52 PM
does "don't know" qualify as an answer?

truly, i don't know. it is a possibility that me and a friend may go back to cleveland next year but there is also a possibility that we may not.

now if champcar would fill in one of those tba's with gallatin co., ky then i would say yes. :gomer:

cartgal
12-14-04, 10:40 AM
I am PLANNING on finally getting to Cleveland. Family almost interfered with a command-appearance wedding. Thankfully, Cleveland moved the date up a weekend. So, if the Good Lord's willin' and the creeks don't rise (and the economy doesn't suddenly take a hideous turn for the worse), then I'm gonna be there.

:cool:

skaven
12-14-04, 07:48 PM
Denver for sure, but last year was the first year since leaving Chicago that I didn't do a fly-away race. Vancouver was cool last year. Me like Canadians.

My interest is fading a little bit though. Maybe I'd do RA again IF it happens. Frequent flier miles and a tent can make for a cheap trip.

Anteater
12-15-04, 10:19 PM
Long Beach and Las Vegas for sure. I'd love to go to Portland again, but then some friends are trying to convince me to attend Cleveland the following weekend. Then all of a sudden RA is back in the mix, and Mr. Anteater REALLY wants to go there. Decisions, decisions! :cool: :thumbup: Not like last winter, when we weren't even sure there'd be a Champ Car race to watch anywhere.

DjDrOmusic
12-16-04, 01:21 AM
I'd love to say yes, but truthfully, we may not even have a home by the end of the month. If things improve, I'll at least try to put a party together for a race. :(

TrueBrit
12-22-04, 12:39 AM
Last year was the first year I didn't go to a single race....my mate went to Milwaukee and took along a newbie..they both had great fun...I might have to join them next year...

RaceGrrl
12-22-04, 01:27 AM
I'd love to say yes, but truthfully, we may not even have a home by the end of the month. If things improve, I'll at least try to put a party together for a race. :(

DJ- don't you EVEN think about planning a party while you're worrying about your family! Family HAS to come first. Just take care of those things and we'll all figure out what to do for the next race season when it's closer. Sorry to hear about the rough patch you're having.